Saturday, July 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Science News

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Jeff

Post Whore

Postby Jeff » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:30 pm

Oh yeah, I remember that theory.

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:07 pm

They still are. Once global warming melts the ice caps, the oceans will cool and bring down global temperatures with them.

Jeff

Post Whore

Postby Jeff » Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:56 pm

Its all so confusing. :?

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:53 pm

David Bird wrote:They still are. Once global warming melts the ice caps, the oceans will cool and bring down global temperatures with them.
Not everywhere. Most of the earth. The ice age will actually happen in Europe. If just one second on the "west" coast of Antarctica melts (mind, most of the water is below sea level on that continent), and if Greenland continues to thaw (the photos are just incredible), such a thing will happen.

But hey, let's all be a mature human race and pretend that it doesn't exist, that there's nothing to worry about, or that we shouldn't do anything about it, shall we?

Known Human

Indie Rock Jedi

Postby Known Human » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:03 pm

woznia17 wrote:Not everywhere. Most of the earth. The ice age will actually happen in Europe. If just one second on the "west" coast of Antarctica melts (mind, most of the water is below sea level on that continent), and if Greenland continues to thaw (the photos are just incredible), such a thing will happen.

But hey, let's all be a mature human race and pretend that it doesn't exist, that there's nothing to worry about, or that we shouldn't do anything about it, shall we?

Well, when it does, I'm starting a private army. PM for me applications.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:10 pm

Known Human wrote:
Well, when it does, I'm starting a private army. PM for me applications.
To do what, rescue the polar bears?

Known Human

Indie Rock Jedi

Postby Known Human » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:12 pm

woznia17 wrote:To do what, rescue the polar bears?

Only to turn them into burgers.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:14 pm

Known Human wrote:
Only to turn them into burgers.
You really need to go watch An Inconvenient Truth, if only to get your facts right.

Known Human

Indie Rock Jedi

Postby Known Human » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:16 pm

woznia17 wrote:You really need to go watch An Inconvenient Truth, if only to get your facts right.

Facts?

I'm not disputing the polar ice caps melting, I'm waiting for it with baited breath.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:19 pm

Known Human wrote:
Facts?

I'm not disputing the polar ice caps melting, I'm waiting for it with baited breath.
The whole "this is a cycle" bit. It's true...until you actually look at this year's figures when laid aside the figures of those past 'warmings.'

And some of the rest of us want to actually survive and enjoy life past the 50 year estimate.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:24 pm

And some of us just want the goddamn polar bear burgers we were promised!!! :evil:

Known Human

Indie Rock Jedi

Postby Known Human » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:28 pm

woznia17 wrote:And some of the rest of us want to actually survive and enjoy life past the 50 year estimate.

Hence the reason I'm starting a private army.

Known Human

Indie Rock Jedi

Postby Known Human » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:28 pm

Lord Simian wrote:And some of us just want the goddamn polar bear burgers we were promised!!! :evil:

They're on my "To Eat" list.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:30 pm

Known Human wrote:
Hence the reason I'm starting a private army.

In between the booze and cigs, what's this army going to do? :P

Known Human

Indie Rock Jedi

Postby Known Human » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:34 pm

nietoperz wrote:
In between the booze and cigs, what's this army going to do? :P

Rely on size in numbers to hold off the zombified former masses, kicked out of Plato's cave when corporations realize that without government backed money, people have no need for greedy organiztions.

And hot chicks.

And monkeys.

And the afore mentioned polar beargers.

leave a comment with facebook