Advertisement

SDCC: Artist Alley Interview with Franchesco! on Heroes of Cosplay

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 360 posts

Postby LOLtron » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:21 pm

We had a chance for a mini-interview with artist Franchesco! to ask him about his work with Heroes of Cosplay, the new show from SyFy.

The Outhouse: How has San Diego been so far?

Franchesco!: San Diego has been a blast, it's great to be back.  They did a signing yesterday at Zenescope that was a lot of fun for the Art of Zenescope book.  It was a big heavy book with all the bells and whistles and the response from the fans has really warmed my heart. 

OH: Was that an exclusive for SDCC?

F!: Yes, but there will be regular versions available on Amazon as well.  But it was great to see how well received the book has been here at the signing.

OH: You also are involved with a new SyFy show on Cosplay coming out?

F!: Yeah, the syfy channel reached out and said they have a new show coming out that revolves around cosplayers and I love, love, love cosplayers.  They had seen some of my work online and contacted me through DeviantArt and said they wanted to have some artwork to portray contestants from the show.  It's a sort of contest/reality show/documentary called Heroes of Cosplay and it's just great to be involved with.  It will be premiering August 13th on SyFy, I hope everyone tunes in.

OH: Hopefully it will show cosplay for what it really is, how much art and form goes into it.  Having to get the character down, all the work on costuming and creation, you are becoming another person.

F!: I'm jealous I didn't think of description myself.  I agree so strongly.  Some of these costumes are so imaginative and creative and you never know what someone is going to want to portray.  One of the reasons I look forward to seeing the show is to see what they come up with.  They have some high level cosplayers on the show like Yaya Han, Riki LeCotey, Becky Young, Chloe Dykstra and more, so it should really show off just how amazing cosplay can be.

OH: Will work on the show impact any of your other work?

F!: That's interesting question because I'm not sure (laughs).  Only time will tell, but you know how they say be careful what you wish for, so now I'm involved and we'll see how it goes.  But I love it, so hopefully I can keep up with everything because these are all things I want to work on.

Written or Contributed by Angela Jones

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: SDCC: Artist Alley Interview with Franchesco! on Heroes

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:12 pm

Tonight 9:30 PM/CST, 10:30 PM EST
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum