Tuesday, December 6, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: Justice League: War Animated Movie Announced

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:10 pm

So.. yeah the two movies are linked. I know WTF? Spoilers for the Flashpoint Paradox:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
There's a post credits scene of a boom tube opening and Jim Lee designed Parademons emerging.

Also there is some good news at least for Young Justice fans:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Kaldur appears in the Flashpoint Paradox. Grifter, Sandman (Golden Age), and Aqualad cameo in it too.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Watching Flashpoint now, and

1. Barry Allen has a very gravelly voice.

2. "Well Flash, once again looks like you're the bottom and I'm The Top". Seriously? Seriously?

3. Not a fan of the art style at all.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Zero wrote:Watching Flashpoint now, and

1. Barry Allen has a very gravelly voice.

2. "Well Flash, once again looks like you're the bottom and I'm The Top". Seriously? Seriously?

3. Not a fan of the art style at all.

Though could flash be fast enough to be both?

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:33 pm

outsider wrote:Kevin Conroy is the tits as Batman, but we've got to move on from expecting his voice in every single movie.
Bruce Greenwood was a great Batman in Under the Red Hood and Young Justice.
Diedrich Bader provided really good take on The Brave & The Bold.
I even liked Robocop as old man Bruce in Dark Knight Returns.

William Baldwin was admittedly an odd choice in Crisis on Two Earths, but with James Woods vocalizing awesome all over the place, did any of us really notice? 8)

I don't have a problem with other people voicing Batman but in this instance, it's a little odd. Like I said, this movie is directly following "Flashpoint Paradox" where Kevin Conroy is voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman. It just seems like you would want to get the best if you were really wanting to sell this new universe.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm

I'll be the detractor, if you're going to "reboot" your animated DCU to match the comics, it's the perfect time to bring in a new voice. Different Batman, different voice.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:I'll be the detractor, if you're going to "reboot" your animated DCU to match the comics, it's the perfect time to bring in a new voice. Different Batman, different voice.

But it's not really a different Batman...

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Grayson wrote:
But it's not really a different Batman...

Sure it is.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 pm

How much did they spend on the overseas animators for Flashpoint Paradox?

$5? $10?

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Sure it is.
Sounds like Grayson needs to be Spektricated

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:55 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:How much did they spend on the overseas animators for Flashpoint Paradox?

$5? $10?

That's a generous guess. This is very hard to watch.

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:01 pm

Grayson wrote:
I don't have a problem with other people voicing Batman but in this instance, it's a little odd. Like I said, this movie is directly following "Flashpoint Paradox" where Kevin Conroy is voicing Bruce Wayne/Batman. It just seems like you would want to get the best if you were really wanting to sell this new universe.

But it is different. I haven't seen the Flashpoint movie but isn't Conroy playing Thomas Wayne and not Bruce?

If so then why should Bruce sound exactly like hid Dad?

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Zero wrote:
That's a generous guess. This is very hard to watch.

It is. watching it too. WW's chin is ridiculous!

Superman Unbound was similarly bad. Dark Knight Returns was the last quality DC animated, and maybe for a while it looks like.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:03 pm

outsider wrote:Sounds like Grayson needs to be Spektricated

So sad I read this post in the voice of Little Enos.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Jack Burton wrote:But it is different. I haven't seen the Flashpoint movie but isn't Conroy playing Thomas Wayne and not Bruce?

He's Bruce at the start, but once we're into the Flashpoint stuff it's someone else growling as Thomas.
Victorian Squid wrote:
It is. watching it too. WW's chin is ridiculous!

Superman Unbound was similarly bad. Dark Knight Returns was the last quality DC animated, and maybe for a while it looks like.

It's the triangular torsos on Aquaman and Superman that freak me out. Jesus.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:09 pm

outsider wrote:Sounds like Grayson needs to be Spektricated

:shock:

That sounds both offensive and threatening. REPORTED! :smt011

Jack Burton wrote:But it is different. I haven't seen the Flashpoint movie but isn't Conroy playing Thomas Wayne and not Bruce?

Kevin Conroy provides the voice of Bruce Wayne in Flashpoint. Kevin McKidd provides the voice of his father.

leave a comment with facebook