Thursday, July 28, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SDCC: It's Official: Superman/Batman Film Announced (Updated w/ Movie Logo)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 pm

if this isn't a hurried cash grab then why do this after nolan did such a complete ending to his trilogy that he had no desire to retcon?

hell we're not even getting a new batman movie to help gel the status quo of both worlds...just straight away running into superman/batman.
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:46 pm

dairydead wrote:Image

I'd prefer a logo closer to this one, but its not bad.


I'd prefer characters closer to the real ones.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:52 pm

superfictious wrote:
How does it make it any different? That's like thinking Captain America and Thor were hurried cashgrabs based on the success of Iron Man and hype of Avengers.

I feel like the difference is this: Iron Man was a big success, so let's make Iron Man 2 but with Captain America and Thor. And we'll devote about ten minutes to introduce each character. And hope the audience gives a crap about those characters. I'll grant you that's an easier slope to climb with Superman and Batman, but it just feels rushed. Obviously your mileage may vary.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:23 pm

alaska1125 wrote:I feel like the difference is this: Iron Man was a big success, so let's make Iron Man 2 but with Captain America and Thor. And we'll devote about ten minutes to introduce each character. And hope the audience gives a crap about those characters. I'll grant you that's an easier slope to climb with Superman and Batman, but it just feels rushed. Obviously your mileage may vary.


They kind of did that by shoehorning Black Widow into Iron Man 2, which WAS a cashgrab pretty much.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:24 am

[code][/code][list=][/list]
syxxpakk wrote:
They kind of did that by shoehorning Black Widow into Iron Man 2, which WAS a cashgrab pretty much.

That's a really confusing "how so" when that's a character that's an established Iron Man foe from the sixties that they are to tie it in to current "gasp" continuity.
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:28 am

alaska1125 wrote:[code][/code][list=][/list]
That's a really confusing "how so" when that's a character that's an established Iron Man foe from the sixties that they are to tie it in to current "gasp" continuity.


Why did this get moved from the News Stand exactly?
User avatar

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:38 am

I'm indifferent to this. I'm not really a fan of either character so it has to be really good and interesting for me to want to see it.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:20 am

alaska1125 wrote:
Why did this get moved from the News Stand exactly?


The news stand is supposed to be for comics stuff, but LOLtron dumps pretty much all threads there and someone has to move them, which we're not on top of enough. :(
User avatar

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:40 am

The last 2 Batman movies made about $160 million on their opening weekends. Man of Steel made $116 million on its opening. There is no chance this makes $90 million. If you want to go low, I would say $130 million. Then, even if it drops by 60% the following weekend, it breaks $200 million by its second week (counting weekday numbers.). At the very MINIMUM (and I think it will do better as I mentioned before) this movie will make $300 million domestically. Add in international numbers and this will be a huge hit.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:46 am

MikeinLA wrote:Oh, goodie; they're going to fight.

Nah probably just have sex
User avatar

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:43 am

ReturnoftheMack wrote:The last 2 Batman movies made about $160 million on their opening weekends. Man of Steel made $116 million on its opening. There is no chance this makes $90 million. If you want to go low, I would say $130 million. Then, even if it drops by 60% the following weekend, it breaks $200 million by its second week (counting weekday numbers.). At the very MINIMUM (and I think it will do better as I mentioned before) this movie will make $300 million domestically. Add in international numbers and this will be a huge hit.

Ok, I concede $90 is probably lowballing it for opening weekend. I just don't see it being the huge hit you think it will be (and I'm just assuming it will be terrible in general). It just reeks of a knee-jerk gambit to play catch-up. But it'll be great to be proven wrong.
User avatar

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:37 am

alaska1125 wrote:Ha! Right. Please go study the box office returns of Man of Steel, Dark Knight, and Avengers and get back to those of us in the real world.

Powned
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:56 am

Spektre wrote:
I'd prefer characters closer to the real ones.


The characters are not real. They're just comic book characters. Characters that have had numerous different versions in the comics in the last 70 years.
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:25 pm

ReturnoftheMack wrote:The last 2 Batman movies made about $160 million on their opening weekends. Man of Steel made $116 million on its opening. There is no chance this makes $90 million. If you want to go low, I would say $130 million. Then, even if it drops by 60% the following weekend, it breaks $200 million by its second week (counting weekday numbers.). At the very MINIMUM (and I think it will do better as I mentioned before) this movie will make $300 million domestically. Add in international numbers and this will be a huge hit.


Oh now, we've already established you're not so good at prognosticating.
User avatar

Spektre

penile prisoner

Postby Spektre » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Chris wrote:
The characters are not real. They're just comic book characters. Characters that have had numerous different versions in the comics in the last 70 years.


The characters are not real, but there are real characters.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BAMJoe, chap22, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Flamebird, Grayson, Liam Moorhart, SporkBot, Supersoldier Washout and 36 guests