Friday, July 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We put the lotion in the basket."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

SEARCH IS BACK

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:50 am

I know search is shut off and I know people use it to find threads they've posted in. I completed my work to ease the burden on the posts database and the site is performing much better. I also installed a new search engine. Now I just have to build the indexes.

In the meantime, Google searching for the Topic Title with site:theouthousers.com will find any thread.

I'll let you know when the indexes are done and turn search back on.

UPDATE: We are now up and running. Let me know if you have any problems.

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 am

Huzah

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:28 pm

ok, it is indexing now. I don't know how long it will take, but I imagine less than a day.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Index created and back on. Now I am working on keeping the index updated. Might have it run every five minutes or something.

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:55 pm

awesome!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Indexing is automated, I think. It should update the delta index every minute, and merge it into the main once an hour. So we should be seeing up to the minute live search results, and it should be super fucking fast. :)

Give it a try.

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:12 pm

:smt026
Thanks Jude

Schlemmer

Rain Partier

Postby Schlemmer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:14 pm

Oh wait, I'm still getting this:

Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Is this a Schlemmer-only problem?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm

That only happens if load goes above 3, which should now be very, very rare. Maybe I can turn it off though. Would you try right now though and tell me if it works?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Ooooh wait a minute. Are you trying to search more than once per minute? There's a 60 second flood limit. Could you confirm thats the issue? I might be able to lower the flood limit if so.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:19 pm

The "view your posts" button comes up blank so I can't track the topics I've replied in.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:58 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:The "view your posts" button comes up blank so I can't track the topics I've replied in.

Where is this button?

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Where is this button?

you can see it here. when i try to access it now i notice some code appearing in the top left corner in addition to there being no results.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Fixed! Give it a try please. :)

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Fixed! Give it a try please. :)

awesome, thanks 8)

leave a comment with facebook