Friday, November 17, 2017 • Evening Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

share your commissions

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:20 am

and...

Stalzer2002

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Stalzer2002 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:53 am

I added a couple of new pieces of art to my collection at the Special Edition: NYC last month.

First up is a killer Songbird commission by Michael Dooney

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1137118

Next is something I've wanted ever since I started buying original art. A page by George Perez! It's from issue 12 of his Avengers run with Kurt Busiek, a story guest starring the Thunderbolts. So I have one my favorite artists drawing my favorite super-hero team.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1137123

Stalzer2002

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Stalzer2002 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Another NYCC comes and goes, and I add some more art to my collection.

First of all, I got a quick Blacksad sketch in my copy of Blacksad: Amarillo by Juanjo Guarnido.

I won an Arrow page by Alan Jefferson and Jonas Trindade in the Charity Art Auction. They raised over $40,000 for St. Jude, and I was really happy to play a (small) part in that.

I also picked up a Steve Epting Captain America page. It's a nice, moody page from the Death of Captain America arc.

Finally, I got one epic commission. I had an idea to invoke one of those old school "floating heads" covers, but have several artists contribute to it. Before the show, I contacted Mike Rooth to do the main image of Star-lord and Nova fighting Thanos. At the show, I added contributions by Lynne Yoshii (Gamora), Freddie Williams II (Groot), Brad Walker (Rocket Raccoon) and Brian Level (Drax). The finished piece absolutely blew away my wildest expectations.

I have close ups on my comicartfans gallery:

http://comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.as ... GSub=98814

I also had another odd idea...to get a bunch of comic creators to all sign a baseball. I got Chris Claremont, Peter David, Len Wein and Gerry Conway. I also wanted to get Stan Lee, George Perez and Walt Simonson, but no such luck. Hopefully next time.

Finally, my weekend ended at a nearby bar where I got to hold an insanely detailed (and awesome) Captain America shield.

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Dagger by Laura Braga

Pencils

Layout

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:24 pm

It's been awhile, but.......

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch