Advertisement

I'm up shit creek.......

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

kingofcities
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingofcities » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:40 am

Wisdom000 wrote:Thanks.... it's 3:45 am..... I have had 2 and half hours sleep, but I woke up and can't go back to sleep.

Short of putting me out of my misery, I can;t think of anything anyone here could do for me...... but thanks for the offers everyone.... and thanks for the support. It's why I love you guys.....

It's also why I am glad so many people from the old place came here in the recent suckage, cause having all my pals in one place, without any buillshit, is where its at...

Solid....

I just saw all of this. I'm calling you today.

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 590 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:41 am

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, wis. I don't know what I could do for you that no one else has already offered, but know that I'm willing.

Would you like me to incite a holy war against crummy landlords on behalf of the Church of Wisdom D? :twisted:
-

jza1218

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby jza1218 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:53 am

Damn dude. Sorry to hear

Go move in with KOC for the time being. Tell him that you had my permission

kingofcities
dINGO

Postby kingofcities » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:04 am

jza1218 wrote:Damn dude. Sorry to hear

Go move in with KOC for the time being. Tell him that you had my permission

I've got a room. And he already knows about Naked Thursdays.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 235 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:20 am

That sucks, dude.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 192 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:23 am

This is a real shame Wis - I truly wish there was something I could do to help. :(

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:32 am

I don't know your financial situation.

But it's possible you or a family member living there filing ch. 13 bankruptcy could delay the eviction (generally everything must stop and they have to file a new motion to be able to evict which can give you a few months or at least weeks) and perhaps even give you time to repay past monies over a 3 to 5 year period-at least if this was a mortgage. Not sure how it works out since you had a rent/buy option. But it may at least delay the eviction. (ch. 13 you can discontinue on your own or if it is dismissed thats ok, Ch. 7 you can't dismiss on your own and there may be consequences if you file beyond your control).

But filing will show up on any check of your credit report for either 7 or 10 years. so that is the down side.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:34 am

I don't know the laws in your state.

I thought generally when you rent, they have to file an action to evict you, a finding has to be made, a warrant of eviction issued which gives you some time, like say 10 days, where the sheriff will come to evict you.

or if you buy, same thing, they have to foreclose judicially, and then a warrant of eviction still has to be issued, with the sheriff giving notice to you that he's coming, and when.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:42 am

Spiderrob wrote:I don't know the laws in your state.

I thought generally when you rent, they have to file an action to evict you, a finding has to be made, a warrant of eviction issued which gives you some time, like say 10 days, where the sheriff will come to evict you.

or if you buy, same thing, they have to foreclose judicially, and then a warrant of eviction still has to be issued, with the sheriff giving notice to you that he's coming, and when.

I don't think it matters much which state you're in, I think these basic rules are the same. There's a reason for the phrase "possession is 9//10ths of the law."

But there's the law, and then there's the landlord showing up on rainy Monday with 2 guys named Vinny and "the Big One" with an order to move the eff out. Paper may beat the rock/fist in RPS, but not in real life.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:31 pm

kingofcities wrote:I've got a room. And he already knows about Naked Thursdays.
You guys get naked only ONE day of the week? Sheesh!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby misac » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:58 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. My mom lives with me and it's not to bad. I'd be worse having to worry about her.

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Postby toolverine » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:08 pm

I don't really do the prayer thing, but I'll keep you in my thoughts, man. I read the whole thread the other day and totally forgot to respond.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Ok guys, update time. things are looking up. this weekeend was HELL, but there is an upside.

We fucking upgraded like crazy....

Found a new duplex and signed the papers saturday, because we were renting both sides, the landlord gave us a break on the deposit, and is gonna let us wait till this weekeend when my brother and I get paid to throw down the rest of the first months rent.. This place is twice the size of our old place, but the rent is about the same. Plus now that we are just renting, my brother and I only have to cover our side of the duplex, which is 650.

2 car garage, giant bedrooms, and a living room twice the size, plus 2 bathrooms..

And thplace is pretty much brand new.... the only upside of this shitty economy, before the current mortgage crisis and unemployment promblem, this was the single fastest growing area in the country, with Walmart, JBHunt, and Tyson chicken all headquartered right here in our small little corner.... so ther ewas tons of new homes being built in suburbs, but then the bottom feel out so some of these homes have sat completely vacant... So even though 650 a month for a 2 bed is kinda high (not really though) it could have gone for much higher...

The last three days have been spent frantically packing and moving, THANK GOD I HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS...

2 houses, 10 years worth of living, it was not easy, we were still moving at 1 am last night.. but, with the exception of our boat (the tires on the trailer are flat) and my car, 2 sheets of lexan, and maybe a shelving unit, everthing is moved. I am at work now, don't know what we are going to do about the boat, or my car, but its gotta be quick....
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:03 pm

Great to hear it, Wis!!!

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:05 pm

I'm glad to hear it, Wis! Well, not so much about the HELL part, but you know what I mean. :)

Good luck getting everything else done.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum