Advertisement

I'm up shit creek.......

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

I'm up shit creek.......

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:12 pm

Well, I am truly well and goodly fucked.......

Just found out I have till monday to move out of my house, the house I have lived in for 11 years now. Kinda knew itwas going to happen, but not this quick. What this does is leave me in a really fucked up situation.

It boils down money getting really tight for about 2 months earlier this year, and some late payments, and my landlord just absolutely screwing us in ridiculous fashion. What he is doing isn't legal, and I intend to do something about that, but for the moment, I am pretty much fucked to the point of brown eye rippage....

To make matters even worse, My home was a duplex, my brother and I lived in one side, and we rented the other side out to our mother and her boyfriend.

This means that on top of us getting kicked out, so is my mother...

I am just beside myself.

And, the absolute final nail in my personal coffin of shit... since we are all homeless at the same time, it looks like the only real solution at the moment is for myself, my brother, and my mother, to rent a house together. TI don't know if I can do this. I love my mom, and having her as a next door neighbor had its privaledges, home cooked meals, saying howdy, ples with her health problems it was nice to be that close. But it also had the shits as well, like her coming over whenever she felt like it, and not being able to bitch her out if her rent was late (seriously, how you gonna bitch out your mom....)

Now the situation is looking like its all gonna be under one roof, sharing living space...... that may be a bit more than I can even come close to handling. I love my mom, but dammit, I like my place to be MY PLACE, i like my friends to come over at all sorts of crazy hours, and not to mention the stigma of having to live in the same house as my mommy.

But the simple fact is, while my brother and I could afford a place on our own, she could not., and since my brother is epileptic, and my mother had a stroke last year, even though she is ok and even still works, It would freak me out to not be close enough to reach her if she had problems....

Basically, no matter what. I am fucked at this point.......
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

Advertisement

diana_fan

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby diana_fan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm sorry to hear this man. I hope it all works out, somehow, for all of you in the end.

And I hope you fuck that landlord where it will really hurt.

Anyhow, it's a bad situation all around. :( Best of luck to you, and to your family.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Dude, that sucks. You should call the housing people for your city. I know LA had some pretty strict rules on how long you had to give people to move, and if they are violating that the landlord could be in pretty deep shit.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:26 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that. Thunder is right, check the phone book and see if there are any orginizations that can help you. Up here, we have several attorney's that list themselves as helpful in this sort of thing.

I wish you all the best.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Jonathan
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The American
Formerly: Adroitly Chaotic, House of Me

Postby Jonathan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:36 pm

That truly sucks ass, Wis. You and yours will be in my thoughts.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Thunderstorm wrote:Dude, that sucks. You should call the housing people for your city. I know LA had some pretty strict rules on how long you had to give people to move, and if they are violating that the landlord could be in pretty deep shit.

Yeah I already checked into that.

Basically what it amounts to is this, because I was leasing to deed, apparently all those rules go flying out the window....

I was behind 3 months payment because my old job started fuckijng with my hours hard core (hence me having new gig) and they atarted applying crazy penalties, paid them 8 grand between december and january, and they are claiming that the entirety of that went to paying off penalties and late fees, as have all the payments I have made since...... which is just fucking crazy..... so on their paperwork it is showing I am now like 6 months behind or some bullshit.

Because they are handling it like this, it basically categorizes me as a renter, instead of a buyer now, it's complicated. But it will allow me to enact legal recourse later, but nothing I can do now...
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:48 pm

but what about your nerd kingdom room??? What of it??? This will not stand.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Yeah, but as a renter, you should have SOME protection in regards to eviction. For example, here in Florida, even if I don't pay my rent for six months, my landlord has to issue a notice of eviction, after which I have somewhere between 2 weeks to a month to get out. If I DON'T, he can file legal paperwork to get me out, but until it's approved (which can take weeks to months), in most instances i still can't be kicked out yet....

It's stupid how easy it would be to just sign a lease and never pay. MANY people around here supposedly do just that.

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:53 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:but what about your nerd kingdom room??? What of it??? This will not stand.

The house we are looking at has 2 two car garages, one attached to the house, one not attached........ the Geek Paradise will be rebuilt..... Thats not a rpbolem, though it does really piss me off that after trying to get that room done 4 my entire adult life, finally having it perfect, only to have to move out 4 months later is like a kick in the nutsack.............

On the plus side, the new gaming room will be twice as large, so I can put all my regular books in there too...

But man..... living in the house with my mom, my brother, and 4 cats... sharing kitchen, living room, and bathrooms....... that may be more than I can bear......

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:31 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Yeah, but as a renter, you should have SOME protection in regards to eviction. For example, here in Florida, even if I don't pay my rent for six months, my landlord has to issue a notice of eviction, after which I have somewhere between 2 weeks to a month to get out. If I DON'T, he can file legal paperwork to get me out, but until it's approved (which can take weeks to months), in most instances i still can't be kicked out yet....

It's stupid how easy it would be to just sign a lease and never pay. MANY people around here supposedly do just that.

If I were a renter, that would be the case, but since I am a "buyer" apparently those rules no longer apply...

Whats really funny, is after I lost the mortgage the first time after mom had a stroke, the people who picked up the mortgage never bothered to appraise it, they just bought it anyway, and let us continue to live there, paying them the motrtgage with contract for lease........ so basically they bought it, were selling it back to us, and basically raping us on the price, they raised the payments from 1000 a month to 14 hundred a month in the last 6 months.... The funny part is, like I said, they have never even looked at the place, the place was built in the 70's, the back deck is falling apart, the trim and gutter on the roof were damaged by recent severe winds, the carpets are old and gross, and in y brothers room there is a huge hole burned in them. The cieling has cracks, the walls need to be painted (except in the living and dining room area) and when I rip down the custom bookshelf I built, that wall probably isn't gonna look all that great either....... so really, by kicking us out, they are gonna cost themselves more than they ever lost by renting to us...

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:44 pm

Well, wait then, I thought you said they were treating you as a renter, not a buyer?

I am not Nate, so I'm no lawyer, but I don't think they can just pick and choose when to say "renting" and when to say "Buying".....

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---

--Lex Luthor

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Well, wait then, I thought you said they were treating you as a renter, not a buyer?

I am not Nate, so I'm no lawyer, but I don't think they can just pick and choose when to say "renting" and when to say "Buying".....

Technically they can't, legally they can't.. however trying to prove they are doing that will take time and lawyer fees.....

In the meantime we have till monday.........

So regardless of whether they can or can't, not about to risk a sherrif showing up at the door monday morning and a bunch of wankers moving my shit out on the lawn........

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Wisdom000 wrote:Technically they can't, legally they can't.. however trying to prove they are doing that will take time and lawyer fees.....

In the meantime we have till monday.........

So regardless of whether they can or can't, not about to risk a sherrif showing up at the door monday morning and a bunch of wankers moving my shit out on the lawn........

I'd say let the sheriiff show up. Have all your stuff moved, but be there to meet them.

With a news crew. :D

--Lex Luthor

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Lord Simian wrote:I'd say let the sheriiff show up. Have all your stuff moved, but be there to meet them.

With a news crew. :D

Dude........ its supposed to rain monday, and you want me to let people put my COMICS out on the lawn?????????????

I thought you were my friend :cry:

EDIT, nm, I actually read what you said this time, I am stressed, stress makes me tarded....

But I would rather not bring in the news on this, public opinion on this in the area is rather right leaning.... I would jsut be seen as another deadbeat who can't pay his rent.....

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Gotcha.... well, then, the best I can offer is my sympathies, and my promise to petition Kong Himself for aid for you...

--Lex Luthor

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum