Monday, June 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Sleepy Hollow Debuts Huge

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:20 am

Sleepy Hollow Debuts Huge

File this one under "News we didn't see coming"

Source: EW

Sleepy Hollow is a hit!  Or at least it is for one week.  The new Fox drama's pilot episode debuted with over 10 million viewers, the largest network debut since last fall's Revolution, and Fox's highest rated drama premiere in over six years.  In addition, Fox estimates that the episode will have a 5.0 rating (meaning that 5% of all 18-49 year old TV viewers watched the show) after adding in DVR numbers.

But is the show any good?  Well, only time will tell.  The 'hidden history' angle of the show was bit more intriguing than the Da Vicni Code angle I thought they would take, and it looks like the series is aiming more at the American Horror Story crowd than history buffs or mystery fans.  I gave the pilot a mild pass.  The show was very well put together and the plot intriguing, but the high concept lost me at times.  I was also disappointed that they killed off a bevy of strong guest actors.  It's a shame to waste talent like John Cho and Clancy Brown, y'know?

Anyways, we'll see if Sleepy Hollow holds up in future weeks.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:41 am

Commercials for it looked incredibly stupid.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:48 am

It was ok. Curious to see where they go with it.

The black chick is hot! :groucho:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:06 pm

<-- watched "Dancing With The Stars" :P

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 pm

They filmed a significant chunk of the pilot here, but the rest of the season will be filmed in Wilmington. :x :cry:
Fuck you, Dawson's Creek leftovers!

Supersoldier Washout

rubber spoon

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm

SPOILER ALERT ON THE DEAD PEEPS!!!

Actually, don't really care. The show looked like an attempt to capture the "Grimm" and "Once Upon A Time" crowds. (Neither show I like)

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:20 pm

DVRed Sleepy Hollow and just watched it. Okay, but not great. Not much into horror, especially horror mixed in with conspiracy spank stuff and Biblical prophecy. I don't know if I'll be back for ep. 2.

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:44 pm

I hadn't originally planned to watch Sleepy Hollow last night, but my curiosity got the better of me. Color me impressed.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:06 pm

Cernunnos wrote:I hadn't originally planned to watch Sleepy Hollow last night, but my curiosity got the better of me. Color me impressed.

I didn't know it had played until this thread. Went and watched it. I am watching the rest of the season fersure. :-D

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:09 pm

I really liked it, but then I assumed I would. I have been looking forward to it since I saw the upfronts.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:56 am

I thought it was pretty good. I'll watch the second episode before I set the DVR to record the series.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm finally watching this. When Ichabod gets out of the police car, he goes down some steps that I detailed. 8)

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:34 pm

It was alright. I'll tune in for episode 2.

Supersoldier Washout

rubber spoon

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:04 am

Broke down and watched it.
The very first episode was very fast paced. Interesting but I don't think it will last.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 am

Supersoldier Washout wrote:Broke down and watched it.
The very first episode was very fast paced. Interesting but I don't think it will last.
The bit at the end with the mirror and the horned blurry guy was very freaky. If the show can tap into that vibe, I think it could be interesting.

But overall, I agree. It's going to be difficult to keep that pacing and will more than likely start to drag in comparison.

leave a comment with facebook