Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "For when life fails you."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Soccer in general

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:44 am

Cue a Twigg rant about Drogba being offside.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:48 am

Massive massive blag how that wasn't given as offside. I couldn't believe it. A draw would have been a fair result, but I can't believe that goal was given. It knocked me sick.

Still believe we can win the title. We will win the title.
User avatar

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:52 am

Macheda definitely handled the ball at least once - probably twice - to direct it into goal. My celebration after Drogba's goal was admittedly lowkey, but I think it's clear that the Chelsea win was well deserved. But perhaps it should have finished 0-1.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:54 am

Prince of Potter wrote:When slowed down, Macheda definitely handled the ball at least once - probably twice - to direct it into goal. My celebration after Drogba's goal was admittedly lowkey, but I think it's clear that the Chelsea win was well deserved. But perhaps it should have finished 0-1.


We had same possesion, more chances. Machedas one would have been a ridiculously harsh not given as he just bundled it over the line, the ref wouldn't have been able to see it, and it was not done on purpose. Drogbas was one of the easiest decisions you'll ever have to make, can't beleive it was given.
User avatar

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:59 am

Jubilee wrote:We had same possesion, more chances. Machedas one would have been a ridiculously harsh not given as he just bundled it over the line, the ref wouldn't have been able to see it, and it was not done on purpose. Drogbas was one of the easiest decisions you'll ever have to make, can't beleive it was given.

It seems pretty clear that we deserved the win today, when you look at the flow of the game in totality.

Maybe Macheda handling was difficult to see, but from what I saw, the ball probably deflected off his arm before hitting his chest, and then looked to hit his hand again before going in. If we're playing a game of "should have in a perfect world", neither of those goals should have counted.
User avatar

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:02 am

plus Anelka's penalty shout was pretty strong. Park and Berbatov's were not. We still should have had a second goal either way.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:02 am

I disagree you deserved the win. Draw would have been fair. Very fair. Drogba was miles offside, was Machedas hand ball or ball to hand? It's very hard to tell, and massively debatable.
User avatar

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:42 am

Man Utd really don't seem to want this do they? It always seems like as soon as they get the chance to edge out a lead they have a terrible game. It's been the same for the whole top 7 really.
User avatar

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:48 am

Jubilee wrote:I disagree you deserved the win. Draw would have been fair. Very fair. Drogba was miles offside, was Machedas hand ball or ball to hand? It's very hard to tell, and massively debatable.


Drogba was offside and Neville's shoulder charge should have been a penalty. Call it a wash. :P

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:07 am

Regulator wrote:Drogba was offside and Neville's shoulder charge should have been a penalty. Call it a wash. :P


Add in Parks penalty and it's a great 2-2 game :P
User avatar

Potter Who

penile prisoner

Postby Potter Who » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:41 am

Jubilee wrote:Add in Parks penalty and it's a great 2-2 game :P

Park is my favorite ManU player, but he put on a show. I don't want to call it an outright dive, but that penalty would not have been awarded in 95% of games.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:01 am

Late goal for Arsenal and they win 1-0.

Wow, the chase for the top continues for them. They're now just one point behind Man Utd.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:18 am

Leeds are down to 4th, what the fucking fuck, 3-0 loss at home to Swindon.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 am

Punchy wrote:Leeds are down to 4th, what the fucking fuck, 3-0 loss at home to Swindon.


Yeah I saw that, sorry about that Punchy, but look on the bright side, they're still in a playoff position, all isn't lost yet.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:20 am

Stephen Day wrote:Yeah I saw that, sorry about that Punchy, but look on the bright side, they're still in a playoff position, all isn't lost yet.


We'll lose in the play-offs though probably.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], GiveWarAChance, Google [Bot], HNutz, oogy, Pharozonk, Pizza Dog, Supersoldier Washout and 29 guests