Advertisement

Soccer in general

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 389 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Soccer in general

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:01 am

Punchy wrote:Leeds United got their season off to a winning start with a last minute winner from new £1M signing Luke Murphy against Brighton...

... it feels so weird to have optimism about Leeds, Bates is gone, the manager is not a cunt, the fans are happy... I am genuinely excited.

Congrats. :)

I also heard that Leeds is in the process of buying back Elland Road. I hope that works out for your team too.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 7 posts

Postby contramundi » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:00 am

guys in Benteke good?the sstriker for aston villa

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:35 am

contramundi wrote:guys in Benteke good?the sstriker for aston villa

Yeah. He probably the only reason they weren't relegated last season with his 19 league goals.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:09 am

Well this is an interesting take on the Bale situation:

Real Madrid seem determined to pay in installments because they dont have the money to pay upfront, and they're still paying for Modric. In truth all these massive numbers being thrown around aren't as good as they sound because the 80mil pounds is actually spaced out over 5 years making it extremely difficult to receive the cash and retool the squad once Bale's gone hence Levy putting him foot down.

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 60 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:57 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Well this is an interesting take on the Bale situation:

Real Madrid seem determined to pay in installments because they dont have the money to pay upfront, and they're still paying for Modric. In truth all these massive numbers being thrown around aren't as good as they sound because the 80mil pounds is actually spaced out over 5 years making it extremely difficult to receive the cash and retool the squad once Bale's gone hence Levy putting him foot down.

There was an article I read yesterday explaining that that's the way they get around the FFP rules. Spreading out these massive fees and shipping out high earners so that the monthly bill doesn't get out of hand.

Regulator
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Regulator » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:32 am

fieldy snuts wrote:I wonder how many of them know the name Jozy Altidore.

They all do, but he doesn't do anything for the national team and his two good club seasons were in Holland, where everyone scores.

Juan Cena wrote:USA wins the Gold Cup! We own this Hemisphere!

Uh, no. CONCACAF only covers North and Central America, which doesn't include South American teams like Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:34 am

Ah Ronny :lol:

The almighty great Marca were reporting that he had extended his contract to 2018 before he did todays press conference saying " "It is not yet solved my renewal. Maybe later we know something more concrete."

He also blatantly dismissed questions about Gareth Bale. Much different than every other RM player bending over backwards to accommodate him.
Last edited by fieldy snuts on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:00 am

Chris wrote:

I bet someone like that would have a longer reign than a Chelsea manager.

And LOL @ Szczesny scoring 5 own goals in FIFA.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:41 pm

This is brilliant. Anzhi have not won any of their first 4 matches this season. Meulensteen was sacked after 16 days in the job and whole team is transfer listed. Samba back to WPR then? :lol:

2 things:
Should've stayed at Man Utd
Willian plz :P

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:45 pm

If these quotes are legit, then the Luis Suarez saga is crazy, they're not vague innuendo speculating something...they're pretty specific:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... l-transfer

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 60 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:30 am

The thing is that I'd love Arsenal to sign some world class talent, just not that dick.

Loved that video though.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:24 am

So Liverpool are just ignoring Suarez's contract?

It sounds like they are the team with 'no class'.

What are they smoking over at Anfield?

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:51 am

Sounds to me that he made a gentleman's agreement with Ayre and Rogers and they deliberately gave him a badly written contract as a backdoor to avoid his departure:

The Guardian wrote:The bid, though, tested the clause and revealed that Liverpool saw £40m as the point at which they must start to negotiate, not the point at which they are obliged to sell.

There is no sense in including a clause that says "you are forced to negotiate". So what? It has no practical consequences. It imposes no burden on the club at all (their negotiation could well be sending the gardener with instructions to say "no" to very offer). If I'm forced to negotiate but not to reach an agreement, I might just save the negotiation at all. It's simply ridiculous from a legal point of view.

I'm inclined to believe Suarez here. There's probably the +40M clause in the contract but it's so badly written that 'Pool are hanging on to a straw and hope Arsenal won't test it on court, or can get more coin by negotiating an "amicable" solution.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:33 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Sounds to me that he made a gentleman's agreement with Ayre and Rogers and they deliberately gave him a badly written contract as a backdoor to avoid his departure:

There is no sense in including a clause that says "you are forced to negotiate". So what? It has no practical consequences. It imposes no burden on the club at all (their negotiation could well be sending the gardener with instructions to say "no" to very offer). If I'm forced to negotiate but not to reach an agreement, I might just save the negotiation at all. It's simply ridiculous from a legal point of view.

I'm inclined to believe Suarez here. There's probably the +40M clause in the contract but it's so badly written that 'Pool are hanging on to a straw and hope Arsenal won't test it on court, or can get more coin by negotiating an "amicable" solution.

Yeah, why would Suarez sign a contract that fucked him over?

Liverpool have done something a bit dodgy here I reckon.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 am

Punchy wrote:
Yeah, why would Suarez sign a contract that fucked him over?

Liverpool have done something a bit dodgy here I reckon.

You gotta feel their point though. Aspas - Sturridge - Downing isn't exactly Europa, much less CL material :lol:

This is funny, as much as I despise the guy on a personal level I actually feel for him in this case.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum