Advertisement

Soccer in general

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 219 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Soccer in general

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Zero wrote:aaaaaaaaaand DiCanio's gone. Probably no news on this til tomorrow but it's the breaking news on the Guardian's football page.

Worst manager I've seen in ages the way he trashed his team constantly to the press. Walking the the fans like he did was also pretty stupid.

Di Matteo's getting the job.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:55 pm

Zero wrote:aaaaaaaaaand DiCanio's gone. Probably no news on this til tomorrow but it's the breaking news on the Guardian's football page.

No real shock there, it was clear to almost everyone that he wasn't doing a very good job.

Thank you Troy for the sig

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
No real shock there, it was clear to almost everyone that he wasn't doing a very good job.

he wasnt doing very good but i just did nazi this coming so soon.

cant believe he sold sessegnon to be honest. mignolet wanted to leave but sessegnon was probably their best attacker. giaccherini is arguably the only impact signing i've seen. altidore's struggling to adapt and a lot of other players just dont know how to paly with eachother. he brought in too much too quickly.

as for him as a person, he treated the job with critiques you'd see for disgruntled fans blasting everyone for basically being not good enough and questioning their commitment. that's closed door shit, not something you feed the media...fergie understood that where he talked everyones efforts up in public but put them in their place in the locker room during bad games. he had passion and temper to manage a team, but cmon...going so far as to criticise people's diets in public? you're going to alienate everyone and you did....so to be honesty i can visualise and believe the training ground bust-up rumors.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:44 pm

i just saw the derby highlights and i'm even more pissed off now.

how hard was it to sub off welbeck for kagawa, push rooney to the front and have kagawa behind him?

this aint everton moyes.

3MJ

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby 3MJ » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:43 am

fieldy snuts wrote:i just saw the derby highlights and i'm even more pissed off now.

how hard was it to sub off welbeck for kagawa, push rooney to the front and have kagawa behind him?

this aint everton moyes.

:lol:

Fucking hell, what good would that have done?

We got dealt with yesterday. It happened with Fergie sometimes as well. Welbeck is a fantastic player.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:08 am

Jubilee wrote:

:lol:

Fucking hell, what good would that have done?

We got dealt with yesterday. It happened with Fergie sometimes as well. Welbeck is a fantastic player.

salvage some dignity by letting the guy trying to grind out something while welbeck flounders achieve something. or hell where was chicharito at least?

welbeck is terrible as a target man and not even having rooney with him did him any good...but rooney was like a warhead the way he went at city. try a different approach ffs if welbeck's been his typical useless self...we're down by so many goals and getting ripped up all over the board. make a tactical sub to at least get back some dignity by letting rooney attack and kagawa to gel with the midfield instead of letting rooney have to work extra hard for welbeck's sloppy performance and make us a disjointed mess.

and young.....theres a spot in a landfill ready with your name on it you hack. the only time you give us something is by diving.

we've got kagawa, nani, januzaj, zaha as wingers and instead we're playing young and valencia who've hit their worst ruts ever and they've still got their first team spots while we've got 7 points in 5 matches.

when everyone's healthy we can have a great team...but in terms of depth there's no star quality there. team badly needs rotation players who can also make an impact...not guys like smalling, fat ando, not so cleverley, young, bebe and welbeck.

all i can say is that i hope moyes learned his lesson because there were next to no positives to take away from this performance and at this rate we'll struggle for top 4.

Pizza Dog
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 366 posts
Title: Awesomesauce
Formerly: Coach_Carebear

Postby Pizza Dog » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Liverpool fan here.

Happy with United's (Scum) score... not happy with the Spurs score.

Looking forward to the Liverpool v Man Utd game on Wednesday. Though it's not an EPIC important game, will still be nice to beat them... AGAIN!! :)

Unfortunately i'm stuck in work during the game but FORTUNATELY my Deputy Manager is ALSO a Liverpool fan, so is going to get the game up on his phone. Better than nothing I suppose :)
Events been to:

SFX Weekender 3 - Sci-Fi Weekender 4 & 5 - Kapow! '12 - Leeds Comic Con '11, '12 & '13 - Skottie Young Signing Tour '13 - Newcastle Film and Comic Con '14 - London Film and Comic Con '14

Events going to:

Leeds Comic Con '14 - Sci-Fi Weekender 6 - Glastonbury '15 (If can get tickets) - Nine Worlds '15

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:33 pm

Pizza Dog wrote:Liverpool fan here.

Happy with United's (Scum) score... not happy with the Spurs score.

Looking forward to the Liverpool v Man Utd game on Wednesday. Though it's not an EPIC important game, will still be nice to beat them... AGAIN!! :)

Unfortunately i'm stuck in work during the game but FORTUNATELY my Deputy Manager is ALSO a Liverpool fan, so is going to get the game up on his phone. Better than nothing I suppose :)

looking forward to utd going on a rampage in retaliation for the city game :P

Pizza Dog
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Pizza Dog » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:01 pm

Still licking their wounds more like :P

Seriously though, hope Moyes has took something from the City game, I don't want a one sided match, that's just BORING! :?
Events been to:

SFX Weekender 3 - Sci-Fi Weekender 4 & 5 - Kapow! '12 - Leeds Comic Con '11, '12 & '13 - Skottie Young Signing Tour '13 - Newcastle Film and Comic Con '14 - London Film and Comic Con '14

Events going to:

Leeds Comic Con '14 - Sci-Fi Weekender 6 - Glastonbury '15 (If can get tickets) - Nine Worlds '15

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Pizza Dog wrote:Still licking their wounds more like :P

Seriously though, hope Moyes has took something from the City game, I don't want a one sided match, that's just BORING! :?

hopefully he'll realise that united need to do more than play a bland 4411 standard english game with no creativity.

was hoping he'd adapt to using fergies 442 diamond or 4231 tbh but like all new managers he seems hell bent on establishing his personal mark on the team irrespective of whether it's working or not.

Pizza Dog
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Pizza Dog » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:22 am

The phrase 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' comes to mind.

As Much as I don't like Man Utd, they are an awesome side. Why feel the need to come into a club that clearly know what they are doing in the formation they already use and change it!?!

He wants to make his mark, make it so people don't think he's 'trying to be another Fergie'... well, there was nothing (too) wrong with Fergie, so he should just carry his work on.

Anyways... I think I've talked waaaay to much 'nice things' about Man Utd there... feel icky now :P

I work in a bookies. So I hear about 20 different opinions on the matter every day. errghh!!
Events been to:

Events going to:

Pizza Dog
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Pizza Dog » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:14 am

Liverpool v Manchester United game Tonight

See you on the other side :P :wink:
Events been to:

Events going to:

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:27 am

Pizza Dog wrote:Liverpool v Manchester United game Tonight

See you on the other side :P :wink:

Likewise :P

I'd better see Chicharito instead of Welbeck if RVP stays out :(

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:08 pm

:P

Buttner, Nani, Hernendez, Januzaj were great, massive difference from the Leverkusen/City team.

Suarez's FK was unlucky, I'll give you that much.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:36 am

Man Utd/Liverpool was kind of a terrible match.

And Leeds lost to Newcastle!

The only highlight from last night was Nicklas Bendtner's new hairdo.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum