Stephen Day wrote:Congrats on the win anyway, and hey, Man Utd are only two points back from sixth place and a position in European league football for next season. I know it's not at the same level you expect for your team, but all is not lost at least.
Not as good as it sounds, Spurs have a game in hand (2 points behind them could blow to a 5 point gap) and Everton have 2 games in hand (could blow to a 9 point gap).
I'd have said our end fixture looks good and possible to win them all, but some of these teams have humiliated us:
- Newcastle away, beat us 0-1 at OT
- Everton away, beat us 0-1 at OT
- Norwich home, we barely beat them 1-0.
- Sunderland home, they knocked us out of the Capital One cup
- Hull home, the infamous 2-3 match where we went 2 goals down straight away, equalised by the 25th min and then won because of an own goal.
- Southampton away, last time we drew 1-1.
Look at those team names, and look at how our last encounters went down. If we win them all we still need Spurs to waste 2 games to make Europa.
Last seasons league winners, fighting for Europa. These are the numbers going through my head when it comes to United now