Saturday, November 18, 2017 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Some positive Muslim news

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:37 pm

since sometimes they take a beating here

and local!

a feel good story in some ways

BODEGA MAN'S AMAZING GRACE
BRINGS BAT-WIELDING THUG TO HIS KNEES - THEN GIVES HIM BUCKS, BREAD & PRAYER

DON'T MESS WITH MO: Mohammad Sohail, at his Shirley, LI, store yesterday with his trusty rifle, says that if cops find the would-be robber, he won't press charges.

The thief was wearing a menacing mask and wielding a bat -- but to a Long Island store owner, he was simply a charity case.

In an amazing act of compassion and forgiveness, bodega owner Mohammad "Mo" Sohail first disarmed a would-be assailant who came into his Shirley shop -- and then gave him $40 and a loaf of bread.

Sohail said his saga -- captured on dramatic, video-surveillance footage -- began at 12:35 a.m. on May 21, when the thug entered his convenience store in Shirley.

"Give me your money! Give me your money!" the man started screaming at Sohail, a 47-year-old Muslim immigrant from Pakistan.

A shaken Sohail told the bat-wielding thug that he had cash behind the counter -- but instead whipped out a 9mm rifle.

"I said, 'Drop the [bat] and get down,' " Sohail said.

The thief, not knowing Sohail's gun wasn't loaded, thought he didn't have a prayer.

He fell to his knees, clasped his hands and started sobbing, explaining that his family had fallen on hard times.

"He started crying, saying, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I have no job. I have no food. My family is hungry,' " Sohail said.

It was enough to deeply move the merciful Muslim.

"Promise me that you'll never rob anybody again," Sohail sternly told the man.

After the crying thief promised, Sohail went behind the counter, withdrew two $20 bills from the cash register and tossed them to the still-kneeling man.

He also gave the thief a loaf of bread.

The man then stunned Sohail by saying, "You are a good man. I want to be a Muslim like you."

KORAN: CHARITY PUTS YOU ON ROAD TO HEAVEN

"I said, 'Do you really want to do that?' " Sohail said. "He said, 'Yes,' so I told him to stand up and raise his hand."

The robber did and repeated after Sohail a Muslim profession of faith. "And I said, 'Congratulations,' " Sohail said.

The shopkeeper then turned around to fetch some milk for the thief. But by the time he returned, the man had fled -- with his bat.

"I felt sorry for this man," Sohail said. "If you have a good job and a good life, you don't try to rob stores, so I just try to do what a good Muslim would do."

Sohail said he bought the gun in 2000 to protect his store, Shirley Express. Cops said the weapon was legal.

Sohail said that if the cops ever find the robber, he won't press charges.

And "if he wants to come to my store, he can come back -- but just don't come back with a mask," Sohail said.

Derm

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby Derm » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:52 pm

He might not be too thrilled that the news is telling everybody he doesn't load his gun.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:53 pm

I have a friend named Sohail--I laminated his INS stuff. * proud of self*

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:55 pm

He fell to his knees, clasped his hands and started sobbing, explaining that his family had fallen on hard times.

"He started crying, saying, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I have no job. I have no food. My family is hungry,' " Sohail said.

= excuses

:-D

Zab

Postby Zab » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Neat. Wonder if that guy really did convert to Islam, sounds like they were just sensationalizing it. Or he was BSing.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:19 pm

That was a nice thing to do.

I would have beat him to a bloody pulp myself. People at gunpoint will say anything.

Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite him or his family in the ass.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:32 pm

Shirley is not a good town on the strong island. But yeah telling everyone the gun isn't loaded isn't going to help him.

achilles

Not a Kardashian

Postby achilles » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:09 pm

Zabardast wrote:Neat. Wonder if that guy really did convert to Islam, sounds like they were just sensationalizing it. Or he was BSing.

I kind of think he was BSing. It trips my BS detector. But there is another story that is from Britain, a sequel of sorts. This one goes back to that story earlier this year where a British Army unit returned from Afghanistan, and some local Muslims protested the parade, screaming that the soldiers were baby killers and the like.

Well, they tried it again this week, only the rest of the local Muslim community got mobilized for a counter demonstration, actually running off the troublemakers, who the local Imam described as being a few extremists that were not representitive of the Muslims in the community.

We've heard that of course very often since 9/11, but this time the community didn't just have a spokesman say it to a camera, they got out and showed it.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Where the fuck is Shirly? :?

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:03 am

The Melon wrote:Where the fuck is Shirly? :?

East end/central suffolk. It's a shit hole part of the island filled with white trash.

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:44 am

The Melon wrote:Where the fuck is Shirly? :?

fairly far out for you dude.

by bellport/mastic beach/the moriches

leave a comment with facebook