Tuesday, July 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Soul Calibur IV may be better on the PS3 than the 360

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

tralfaz

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:13 pm

http://kotaku.com/5019368/playstation-3 ... ve-fighter

XBOX 360 can you counter?

Eric

Postby Eric » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:29 pm

I don't like fighting games like this, but you can't pass up Darth Vader AND Kratos!

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:24 pm

Fighting games are so mid-90's.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:27 pm

I want Fallout 3.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:33 pm

PS3 definitely holds the edge here, but not enough to make me buy one.

Am I really going to get so much gameplay from Darth and Kratos to make it worth my while? I doubt it.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:47 pm

I suspect I'll miss Spawn...

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:45 am

Vader and Kratos!?! :shock: Man, I'm glad I have a PS3.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:41 pm

Master Chief maybe? It'd be cool.

tralfaz

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:53 pm

misac wrote:Master Chief maybe? It'd be cool.

his special move would be to teabag the opponent to death

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:52 pm

misac wrote:Master Chief maybe? It'd be cool.

He is in DOA4.

Lets be honest, there is no worthwhile original characters that are 360 exclusive, that would work in a fighting game.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:53 pm

i never liked soul calibur. the moves are so rigid/stiff and repetitive that i never got into it and the preview video of vader and yoda fighting did nothing to discourage that view of mine.

between vader and kratos however im really getting tested here.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:23 pm

dairydead wrote:He is in DOA4.

Lets be honest, there is no worthwhile original characters that are 360 exclusive, that would work in a fighting game.

Wasn't it a female Spartan? I just thought of him because he's their most well known character.

tralfaz

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby tralfaz » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Vic Mackey wrote:i never liked soul calibur. the moves are so rigid/stiff and repetitive that i never got into it and the preview video of vader and yoda fighting did nothing to discourage that view of mine.

between vader and kratos however im really getting tested here.

wah? you are insane. rigid and stiff? are you sure you played SC and not MK?

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:28 pm

misac wrote:Wasn't it a female Spartan? I just thought of him because he's their most well known character.

now that you mention it, i think you may be right. Regardless, get rid of teh boobs and change the name, and i doubt Master Chief would play differently anyways. I just think its sad when it comes to stuff like this. The realization that the 360 doesnt have anything with "character". Sure, they have some great FPSs and what not, but nothing near the quality of a Kratos, Solid Snake, Mario, etc.

Baskerville Holmes

Hopscotch

Postby Baskerville Holmes » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:31 pm

dairydead wrote:now that you mention it, i think you may be right. Regardless, get rid of teh boobs and change the name, and i doubt Master Chief would play differently anyways. I just think its sad when it comes to stuff like this. The realization that the 360 doesnt have anything with "character". Sure, they have some great FPSs and what not, but nothing near the quality of a Kratos, Solid Snake, Mario, etc.

Marcus Fenix from Gears of War.

Joanna Dark

Big Daddy from BioShock (even though this is coming to PS3 later this year)

leave a comment with facebook