Advertisement

Spectacular Spider-Man the Animated Series

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Spectacular Spider-Man the Animated Series

Postby troysshr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:49 pm

I just watched the season finale, hopefully not th series finale and it was awesome! I think that this is one of if not the best of all the Spider-Man cartoons that I have seen, and I think I have seen them all.

I know it was only additionally ordered for the first 13 episodes, that were all awe-mazingly done, and since KidsWB is now CWForKids, I'm not sure that it even has a home anymore. I haven't heard if a second season has been greenlit or anything, has anyone else heard any news?
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 576 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Was Saturday's episode the last one of this season? It certainly seemed like it.

I can't believe how the entire season has happened in just a few months time for Pete, Gwen, MJ, etc.
-

toolverine
King of Circle-Jerking

Liked in: 0 post

Postby toolverine » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:53 pm

I gotta see this show. I've been hearing good things and I like the animation.

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:54 pm

My kids ( 4.5 , 3, and 3) love this show and will be crushed if it is canceled. They always sing the chorus of the theme song went the show comes on.

I, for one, agree that it is one of the best Spider-Man adaptations created. I feel the stories are superior to the 90s series. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to the Cartoon Network as they are running "Batman - The Brave and the Bold" next year.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 576 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:59 pm

toolverine wrote:I gotta see this show. I've been hearing good things and I like the animation.
It is very well done in all aspects (story, animation, music, pacing, etc.)
-

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby misac » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:59 pm

The fight scenes are awesome!

The Juan Percenter
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby The Juan Percenter » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 pm

toolverine wrote:I gotta see this show. I've been hearing good things and I like the animation.

It offers the best version and back story of Venom in my opinion. I like the idea of "Science Nerd" Gwen Stacy and how Peter realizes he cares about her more than MJ at this point in the saga. If the series continues, I hope they have the balls to have her die and not fall into a space warp like the 90s series did.

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Man glad to see so many others like the show as much as me! I really am not sure where it is going from here, thats what I was hoping to find out from some of you guys.

Like I said as far as I know only these 13 episodes have been made so far. So even if another season is ordered it will be 2009 I'm sure before we see it.

Marvel has new Iron Man, Hulk, and X-Men series debuting on various networks in 2009 so I wouldn't be suprised to see this show end up somewhere along with one of those new shows.
ImageImageImage

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:05 pm

milton73 wrote:It offers the best version and back story of Venom in my opinion. I like the idea of "Science Nerd" Gwen Stacy and how Peter realizes he cares about her more than MJ at this point in the saga. If the series continues, I hope they have the balls to have her die and not fall into a space warp like the 90s series did.

Very true, I love how they set up both Gwen and MJ. I too hope that is the series continues we see more of these types of relationships evolve. The way that they introduced all the villains on this series was so great too, I don't think any other comics based series has ever done that as well as this show did.
ImageImageImage

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:46 pm

i'll go ahead and say it right now...it's not only the best Spidey cartoon ever, it is as good, if not better, than the very best of the DC Timm-verse.

scoff if you like, but it's true.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:46 pm

I've liked this lately. Seems to have gotten better.

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Liked in: 37 posts

Postby Jack Burton » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:22 pm

chap22 wrote:i'll go ahead and say it right now...it's not only the best Spidey cartoon ever, it is as good, if not better, than the very best of the DC Timm-verse.

I wouldn't go that far....yet. It's a great cartoon though. I think it's definitely in part because Greg Weisman is running the show. Anyone in the 90's who watched Gargoyles knows how good this guy is. I love how they are really trying to stick with Ditko and Lee's stuff. I mean for god sake they included Frederick fucking Foswell! How awesome is that?

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby troysshr » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:55 pm

chap22 wrote:i'll go ahead and say it right now...it's not only the best Spidey cartoon ever, it is as good, if not better, than the very best of the DC Timm-verse.

You know until you mentioned that I had never even considered comparing it to any of the DC toons. I had just been comparing it against other Spidey and Marvel toons. You know what though after careful consideration, I have to agree with you 100%!! It is probably the best done comics cartoon that has come out since the original Batman TAS.

Lets all scream at the top of our lungs and maybe the right people will hear us and they will make about 6 more seasons of the Spectacular Spider-Man!!!! :-D
ImageImageImage

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 197 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:26 pm

It's only season 1 dude. Besides this hasn't even gotten to that level until they bring in oh say Hobgoblin. Which is why I can't wait for Season 3 to happen for this show. Oh yes they've planned that far ahead. Scorpion and Hobgoblin are appearing in Season 3 with the Gang War being adapted for that season. Oh yes there will be fun for me. :twisted:

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 170 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:01 am

Frost wrote:It's only season 1 dude. Besides this hasn't even gotten to that level until they bring in oh say Hobgoblin. Which is why I can't wait for Season 3 to happen for this show. Oh yes they've planned that far ahead. Scorpion and Hobgoblin are appearing in Season 3 with the Gang War being adapted for that season. Oh yes there will be fun for me. :twisted:

1 season that's THIS good is all i need to go by. when i first saw the animation previews, i immediately thought "oh this is gonna suck balls". i barely even paid attention to the first episode. but after 2 or 3 eps, this 'toon become "appointment TV" for me...a saturday morning cartoon for God's sake! when you can make me change my little narrow-minded first impression, you have done some SERIOUSLY good work.

i honestly can not find a single fault with this series. not one.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum