Advertisement

6 Stupid Superheroine Designs That Need Redesign, Stat!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 373 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 432 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: 6 Stupid Superheroine Designs That Need Redesign, Stat!

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Some of those are good ... but, track suits and gym shoes ? Ugh.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue May 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Here's my contribution:

Superhero costumes are supposed to make the wearer stand out, not blend in and look like everyone else. They're supposed to be flashy and attract attention. They're supposed to reassure the people they're here to help. They're supposed to command the villains to stop terrorizing the populace, and instead direct their attacks to the "freak" who can deal with said attacks and kick their butts.

And yet we see that most of these redesigns are street clothes and gym outfits. It misses the entire point of the superhero genre.

Bottom line is this, redesigners: You were assigned to create a SUPERHERO outfit, but, for the most part, you simply threw an outfit together from the racks at Old Navy. Sure, the ensemble looks nice (the art of the redesigns and the characters in them are great!), but ultimately, how great it looks doesn't matter.

You did not deliver a SUPERHERO costume.
You did not FOLLOW DIRECTIONS.
And that is why you FAIL the project.

The writer claims that these people are professional artists. Now, I'm pretty sure that, in the real world, if these people delivered to their clients the OPPOSITE of what they asked for, they could not really expect to make a sale.

PLSharp likes this post.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue May 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Looks like cosplayer outfit made from old pajamas. :?

Umm, what? I don't actually believe a woman would design capri pants with elastic! :lol:

See, now this is nice. And transgender heroes are really in right now..

What th--?! Oh, it's the same artist as the fugly Phantom Woman pic trying to make everyone in comics look like they shop at an Old Navy. And not even a regular Old Navy, the one at the outlet mall selling the stuff they couldn't get rid of.

Nothing to crow about.

Thumbs up, as long as this is what ends up running at the end of Age Of Ultron. I would love to see Cap & Wolverine saved from Ultron by a gay pirate!! :smt005

:derp:

This is some kind of Ellen Degeneres mash up, clearly. Love the way the artist rationalizes turning her into an androgynous A-cup. With Michael Jackson gloves.

b.lumpkin
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 25 posts
Title: rebel from the waist down
Formerly: barrylincoln

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue May 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Image

This is some kind of Ellen Degeneres mash up, clearly. Love the way the artist rationalizes turning her into an androgynous A-cup. With Michael Jackson gloves.

What I find somewhat ironic is that the writer talks about the need to differentiate blonde Emma Frost from blonde Magik in that X-book, but the blonde Power Girl art here reduces her bust size to make her almost completely indistinguishable from blonde Supergirl!

Again, the rationale misses the point of superheroes. Power Girl doesn't get her athletic ability from her body frame, but from being a Kryptonian who gathers her power from the Sun. Shrinking her chest won't justify her ability to lift heavy things or even stay in costume any more than it would allow her to fly or use heat vision.
Last edited by Herald on Tue May 21, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue May 21, 2013 5:23 pm

I can't tell who any of these are. An apron with knee-pads?? :|

3MJ

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby 3MJ » Tue May 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Oh, Herald is pissed someone wants to make superheroines tits smaller. What a surprise

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 160 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:Image

Looks like cosplayer outfit made from old pajamas. :?

Umm, what? I don't actually believe a woman would design capri pants with elastic! :lol:

See, now this is nice. And transgender heroes are really in right now..

What th--?! Oh, it's the same artist as the fugly Phantom Woman pic trying to make everyone in comics look like they shop at an Old Navy. And not even a regular Old Navy, the one at the outlet mall selling the stuff they couldn't get rid of.

Nothing to crow about.

Thumbs up, as long as this is what ends up running at the end of Age Of Ultron. I would love to see Cap & Wolverine saved from Ultron by a gay pirate!! :smt005

:derp:

This is like replacing $#!t with diarrhea.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue May 21, 2013 5:28 pm

You know, guys, we can blame ol' "JUSTICE!" Robinson for this one, too. :P

He's the one who started this "Nyah, no need for a superhero costume in a superhero book! I'll stick MY guy into a casual jacket-and-jeans ensemble!" business.

But at least Jack could justify it, since he didn't want to be a superhero, anyway, preferring to hang out with his collection of hipster stuff. There's no excuse for Power Girl, etc., doing that... which is one of the reasons I've also had a problem with DiDio-era Superboy pulling this crap (and that includes the animated Young Justice version). Again, he WANTS to be a superhero, so he should LOOK like he wants to be one. ESPECIALLY if he intends to call himself a prominent name like SUPERboy.

Herald
Fagorstorm

Postby Herald » Tue May 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Jubilee wrote:Oh, Herald is pissed someone wants to make superheroines tits smaller. What a surprise

Oh, "Jubilee" is Dramatically Missing the Point, in this case that characters shouldn't be changed around nilly-willy. What a surprise. :roll:
Last edited by Herald on Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

I like the Nu52 costumes.

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 160 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue May 21, 2013 5:34 pm

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1131 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue May 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Jubilee? I thought they were redesigning Phantom Lady. :smt017

:smt078 God help me but I honestly prefer the DCnU costume to this garbage.

:lol: At this point, I'm pretty sure that none of this is serious.

Not bad...I actually kind of like it. :smt102

What I find hilarious about this "redesign" is the fact that the article's author claims that it "makes SO MUCH SENSE." Really? How? She is a character created for the Spawn comic book to hunt Spawn, who is being shoehorned into the Marvel Universe as some type of angelic, cosmic figure. How does turning her into a fucking pirate make any damn sense at all?

I don't hate it but it could use a little bit more work. Honestly, I really like the Black Queen costume that she wore during the Dark Reign era and I wouldn't mind seeing it return.

:smt078 :smt011 Yeah, let's put Powergirl in a track suit. They put her back into her pre-Flashpoint costume because her DCnU costume was constantly getting torn apart but hey, let's put her in a flimsy track suit that her villains could simply rip off. That's a great idea.
ImageImageImage

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue May 21, 2013 5:47 pm

It really looks like a dude with bad posture.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum