Tuesday, May 31, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Sup. Ct. finally decides the "right to bear arms"

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:21 am

emmabe wrote:I agree the pressure would exist, but do you truly believe it would be ratified? While practice of religion has risen across all US demographics, But by the same token the political influence by religion is still fairly well contained. Of course it has strongholds, but truly enough support nationwide to radically alter a principle of our country?

I don't think most people would fully think out all the implications of it. I also think there are many people who don't fully believe in separation of church and state.

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:32 am

Spiderrob wrote:I don't think most people would fully think out all the implications of it. I also think there are many people who don't fully believe in separation of church and state.

I just look at the part of Pennsylvania where I grew up. Christian religion was/ is BIG. But the denominations varied greatly and the divisions pronounced when it came to local politics. There would be almost indignity when something would be proposed by another denomination. "We can't do that just because the Catholic's want it." ""The holy rollers will ruin everything".

There's such a fracture between the various denominations that their individual agendas would probably get in the way of finding common ground. What will be right for one group, will be too much for another, and too little for a third.

Then again, I could be wrong...

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:34 am

emmabe wrote:
Then again, I could be wrong...

Probably.

It is you after all.

:wink:

Muppetesque

Cunning Linguist

Postby Muppetesque » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:57 am

Spiderrob wrote:Probably.