Advertisement

Super Alphabet Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

TS Punk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 272 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Re: Super Alphabet Draft

Postby TS Punk » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:00 pm

The Villains

The Doomsayers
ImageImage
Victor Von Doom, Ultimaton

The Chaos Wave of World Eaters
ImageImage
Annihilus, Terminators

M.O.N.S.T.E.R.S.
ImageImageImage
Baron Blood. X the Thing that Lived, Scarecrow

The Cabal of Old Gods
ImageImageImageImage
Chaos King, Zarathos, Baba Yaga, Wotan

The Heroes
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
The Shield
Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Way for All Mankind
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Clark Kent, Firestar, Iron Man, J'onn J'onzz, Eric Masterson, Namorita, Ultra Boy

The New Universal Guardians of the Galaxies
Sworn to Serve and Protect Through Interstellar Warfare and Defense
Gladiator, Kl'rt, Lar Gand, Quasar, Beta Ray Bill, Vanguard, Allen the Alien

The Thunder Squad
The Men with No Fear that Smash the things that Go Bump in the Night
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Devil Hunter, Theodore Sallis, Elliot "Lucky" Tailor, Wolfman, Ghost Rider (Yoshio Kannabe), Zombie

Pantheon of the New Gods
Immortal Powers Destined to Cancel the Apocalypse
Etrigan, Hercules, Thor Odinson, Diana Prince, Charles Xavier, Blackagar Boltagon

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 581 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Alana, Other Barry, Captain Harlock, Dr. Dinosaur, Queen Emeraldas, The Futurist (Duncan Jones), Gort, Heath Huston, Ice King, Mojo Jojo, Geomancer (Kay McHenry), Locutus of Borg, The Monarch, Duke Nukem, Obidiah Archer, Armstrong (Aram Anni Pada), Queen Promethium, Atomic Robo, Dr. Mrs. The Monarch (Sheila), Tony Chu, Ulton, V'Ger, Atom Eve (Samantha Wilkins), T-X, Yoda, Zechs Merquise

Z, Y, X, W, V, U, T, S, R, Q, P, O, N, Marko, Cyber Controller (John Lumic), Thane Krios, Jenkins, Invincible, Harbinger, Gamora, Boba Fett, Elijah Snow, The Doctor (Tenth Incarnation), Cosmo the Spacedog, B, A

The Machine Empire

Reaching out from the furthest reaches of space and time, the Machine Empire seeks to solidify their grasp over the universe by assimilating, upgrading, or destroying all organic life.

ImageImage

Q - Queen Promethium, L - Locutus of Borg

The Heralds

Deployed first, the Heralds of the Machine Empire will offer a world the option of assimilation or termination.

ImageImageImageImage

U - Ultron, V - V'Ger, X - T-X, G - Gort, L - Cyber Controller (John Lumic)

The Reapers

If a particular civilization offers too much resistance, the Machine Empire deploys their Reapers. Known as "Planet Killers" they are the Machine Empire's final solution.

ImageImage

V - V'Ger, H - Harbinger

VS.

The United Front

Men and women from all across time and space, brought together to unite the galaxy against the unmerciful Machine Empire.

Z - Zechs Merquise, A - Alana, C - Captain Harlock, E - Emeraldas, H - Heath Huston, M - Marko

The Guardians of the Galaxy

As the United Front builds their resistance throughout the universe, they devote a small portion of their resources to creating a new team of combatants. This team is deputized by all civilizations to act on their own accord. They answer to no one but themselves. They are the Guardians of the Galaxy

Y - Yoda, K - Thane Krios, I - Invincible, G - Gamora, F - Boba Fett, D - The Doctor (Tenth Incarnation), C - Cosmo the Spacedog

W.E.I.R.D. (World's Extraordinary Intelligence and Reconnaissance Department)

Originally organized to gather intelligence on the Guild of Calamitous Intent and other such nefarious organizations, the Agents of W.E.I.R.D. soon found themselves drafted into something far more sinister. Now they utilize their resources into researching the weakness of the Machine Empire and attempting to exploit them.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

P - Armstrong (Aram Anni Pada), O - Obadiah Archer, R - Atomic Robo, T - Tony Chu, W - Atom Eve (Samantha Wilkins), F - The Futurist (Duncan Jones), K - Geomancer (Kay McHenry), J - Jenkins, E - Elijah Snow

The All-New Guild of Calamitous Intent

The world's premiere union for licensed super-villainy, the Guild of Calamitous Intent provides security and benefits through organized arching. Now in the wake of the arrival of the Machine Empire, the Guild have suspended all arching activities and instead devote their time to menacing the Empire in the same way that they arched their primary nemesis. Nothing is off limits to the Guild.

M - The Monarch, N - Duke Nukem, S - Dr. Mrs. The Monarch (Sheila), B - Other Barry, D - Dr. Dinosaur, I - Ice King, J - Mojo Jojo
ImageImageImage

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 354 posts

Re: Super Alphabet Draft Round 2

Postby HNutz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Samus Aran, Simon Belmont, Carmen Sandiego, Dirk the Daring, Edward Kenway, Fox McCloud, Ganon, Heihachi Mishima, Index Librorum Prohibitorum, Jack series, Kazuya Mishima, Link, Master Hand, Nemesis, Ogre, Pelagia, Quadratus, Ryu Hayabusa, Sephiroth, Shang Tsung, Ulthane, Vivi Ornitier, Wolf O'Donnell, (Mega Man) X, Yoshimitsu, Princess Zelda

Zero, Yoshi, Xehanort, Dr. Albert Wily, Voldo, Ultimecia, Dr. Thomas Light, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Quan Chi, Princess Peach, O, N, M, L, K, J, I, H, G, F, E, D, C, B, A

War! War has united the various realms of video game. Or, to be more precise, invasion. A long-dormant force has reawakened, discovered a source of unexpected power and began consolidating their power base. Many empires have joined the invaders or been crushed beneath their heels. The surviving heroes have united, preparing to launch an all-out assault againt the invaders, using both magic & technology to exploit a small but vital flaw in their stronghold.

Knowing the dangers of magic and resurrection, the invaders have found a realm without magic, which they use as a prison world. They brainwash and hide the captives away on this world, along with guards to keep an eye on them. Most are well-hidden in Earth and can not be found to be reawakened. Others know who they are but do not want to leave their new life. Others still have found something worth fighting for, become a better person, or simply want to return to their old lives. But, either way, they're willing to fight the invaders.

And the guards, although working with the invaders, certainly have their own hidden agendas (which probably led to them getting "awarded" with this station). The lack of oversight and the feeling of abandonment they all seem to share only adds fuel to this fire.

But the invaders don't know that, as more magic enters the realm, the brainwashing is fading for a select few (most of them were placed into alternate identities that mirror their "real selves" in some aspect, so that they would readily buy into their new life) and objects of power are being drawn into the world.

(So it's like "Fabletown"/"Once Upon A Time" on Earth and "Ready, Player One" in the world of video game, with a little "Neverending Story" thrown in.)

The Earthbound

Samus Aran, Simon Belmont, Dirk the Daring, Edward Kenway,

The Wreckers

Peach

The Great Rebellion

Fox McCloud, Index Librorum Prohibitorum, Link , Ulthane, Vivi Ornitier, Wolf O'Donnell, (Mega Man) X, Yoshimitsu, Zelda, Yoshi, Dr. Thomas Light

The Evil Empire

Ganon, Master Hand, Nemesis, Ogre, Pelagia, Quadratus, Ultmecia, Quan Chi

Mishima Corporation

Heihachi Mishima, Jack series, Kazuya Mishima, Nemesis, Zero, Dr. Albert Wily, Sub-Zero

Shadaloo

Shang Tsung, Xehenort, Voldo

Loners

Carmen Santiago, Ryu Hayabusa, Sephiroth, Raiden

Samus is a bounty hunter on Earth. But we'd get to see scenes of her in her armor (flashbacks, off world action down the line, etc) at some point. And it would be fun seeing her side by side with Mega Man X.
Simon would be a monster hunter, pretty much like Dean Winchester
Carmen Santiago? Think Sherlock's take on Irene Adler. C.C. Rendozo from Wildcats 3.0. Zoe & Root from Person of Interest. Or, y'know, Carmen Santiago. 8) She'll sell to/steal from Mishima, Shadaloo and the Earthbound.
As for Dirk the Daring... you remember how, in the cartoon, he could see all of the different options in front of him? Maybe he's got his own limited "Sherlock Scan"or whatnot...
Fox McCloud's my Top Gun, my Luke Skywalker piloting an X-Wing, shooting down the Death Star.
Ganon's tower would be full of artifacts/obstacles from other, familiar games, like the Fire Swords, spikes, deadly fog (which I THOUGHT I could use as my "F" pick), crushed Tetris blocks & Koopa shells, etc.
Imagine the Mishima Zaibatsu Corp. as "Wolfram & Hart" (the evil law firm from Angel) and Heihachi's the current CEO.
Index is basically The Archive (from The Dresden Files), with 103,000 grimores in her head.
Jacks are pretty much T-1000 series Terminators (the Arnold Schwarzenegger model), but Russian.
Kazuya's basically Smallville's Lex Luthor, but with the Devil Gene.
Link's the epic, optimistic hero. Like Luke fighting Darth Vader or Frodo & Sam in LotR.
Master Hand's the source of Ganon's newborn power. Ganon uses him like a puppet on a string... or is it the other way around?
Nemesis (from Resident Evil) is one of Ganon's protectors in his tower. And he carries a giant rocket launcher.
Pelagia and Quadratus are the two Colossi guarding Ganon's tower.
I'd like to give Ryu a backstory with both the Mishima Corporation & Shadaloo. He's still a good guy, but he did some things for them. It started by them helping him find and hunt down his father's killer (and one of their competitors) and then some other jobs for them but left when they tried making him do something he knew was wrong. Now there's a personal grudge there... Ryu eventually sides with the rest of the Earthbound, but, like Batman, he's "part time" at best.
Sephiroth is the "Vampire Eric" of my story. He will associate with both the Earthbound and Shadaloo, depending on the situation and whatever mood he's in that day.
Shang Tsung is a "powerful and treacherous sorcerer" who calls his group of assassins and killers "Shadaloo". I'm picturing a pretty epic backstory with him & Ryu.
Remember "The Worthy" from the otherwise-forgettable "Fear Itself"? How the Asgardian elves made magical uru armor for some of the heroes? I could see my blacksmith strengthening some magical weapons (rebuilding Link's Master Sword, perhaps) or giving others a magical power-up (Samus or X, maybe)? He's big but he's not all that social...
I know I have Index already, but I wanted a second magician. Just because the Archive is around doesn't mean there's no place for Harry Dresden, y'know?
If Fox McCloud is my Luke Skywalker, Wolf is my Han Solo. If Fox is Jack Harkness, Wolf is John Hart. If Fox is Iceman, then Wolf is Tom Cruise. They have a bitter rivalry but they can work together.... for now.
I'd like to see what could be done with X's adaptive technology. You know, how he can gain the powers of his enemies... also, he knows how to do the Hadoken and can do it on occasion. I'd like to see X fighting side by side with Samus.
A Ninja cyborg that can teleport, heal himself and carries a lightsaber to a fist fight? Yeah, Yoshimitsu's not a "real world" character, but I would like to show him accidently teleporting between realms a couple of times (and reverting to a more realistic look in the Earth realm)
Zelda would be my Princess Leia and the mastermind of the Great Rebellion.
Dr. Wily's the reason that Zero is evil in the real world. And he's the inventor of the Jack robots.
Ultimecia is the Evil Queen,the Bride of Ganon, an evil sorceress from the Final Fantasy series who wants to remake/rule the world. She's what Death is to Thanos (or used to be, at least). But is she willing to share power with her husband...? Or, if Ganon is overthrown and she's still free, are the heroes simply replacing one evil with another? The devil you know vs. the devil you don't?
Dr. Light's pretty busy, keeping the Starfox jets and X in working order.
Sub-Zero's with Mishima Corp. (perhaps as Ryu's replacement, definitely teasing the idea of "Cyber Sub-Zero" down the road, but with a redesign) and not with Shadaloo (because of additional plans I have down the road).
Raiden, like Dungeon Master from the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon, provides cryptic advice to the Earthbound heroes. He knows that interferring too much may have disasterous and unforseen consequences (like in the last game) and is bound by certain rules but can and will kick a lot of ass when appropriate. As with Shang Tsung, Raiden's portrayal in the first Mortal Kombat is what I want to stick with. There's one situation in particular coming up that the power and wisdom of a god will be needed...
Quan Chi is The Dragon for Ganon, the secret consort of Ultimecia and The Starscream to them both. He's a powerful necromancer and manipulative bastard who wants all the power for himself. Even a god like Raiden isn't immune to his machinations. And, like Raiden and Yoshimitsu, Quan Chi can teleport between realms. I'd love to see a fight between Yoshimitsu and Quan Chi where Yoshimitsu, barely surviving, manages to teleport to the Earth realm... only to be shocked (along with the audience) to see that Quan Chi has followed him!
Peach is one of the Wreckers, a small group of Earthbound roving hunters. Also my dirtiest pick, as she gets her powers from the "Vibe Sceptre" that she found at her mother's house & it makes her "laugh a lot" (their words)

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 pm

I think Princess Peach wins "dirtiest pick of the draft".

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 193 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:04 am

HNutz wrote:I think Princess Peach wins "dirtiest pick of the draft".

Agreed. Just saw the pic and just "Wow!"

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 406 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:50 am

Round 2

E - Elysius will serve as the Vision type of character for The Global Guardians

The Global Guardians
Owlwoman, Manitou Raven, Jack O'Lantern, Icemaiden, Geoforce, Elysius

Venture Capital (a rival startup to The Motley Fools)
ImageImageImage
Luminus, Killer Shrike, Fadeaway Man

Doomed Patrol
ImageImage
Negative Man, Hell's Angel

Round 1
Need a simple job done in a not-so-simple way?
Do you have an evil scheme that requires a distraction on the other end of town?
Better call
The Motley Fools
Oddball, Psycho Pirate, Warp, Zebra Man, Angle Man, Enigma, Kaleidoscope

Daddy's Girls
Quarrel, Ravager, Scandal, Tarantula, Unuscione, Bloodstone, Donner

Star Squadron
Vanguard, Xenith, Yz the Thunderbolt, Ceritak, Forager, Gabriel the Air-Walker, Halo, Inazuma, Jack of Hearts, Lightray, Mister Miracle, Nikki
-

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:23 am

Draco x wrote:
Agreed. Just saw the pic and just "Wow!"

Oh, no, not that.

In her solo game, there's a magical "Vibe Sceptre". She apparently found it at her mother's house and "it makes her laugh a lot".

Also.. she has different abilities based on her mood.

... I kid you not.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:32 am

HNutz wrote:
Oh, no, not that.

In her solo game, there's a magical "Vibe Sceptre". She apparently found it at her mother's house and "it makes her laugh a lot".

Also.. she has different abilities based on her mood.

... I kid you not.
:lol: Japanese culture, man... that's all the explanation that's needed. :lol:
-

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:37 am

outsider wrote: :lol: Japanese culture, man... that's all the explanation that's needed. :lol:

I tell ya...

TVtropes wrote:Endless Vibe, the most powerful ability in the game, allows you to use vibes at will without ever draining your vibe meter

Elemental Powers: Peach can use different powers based on her emotions due to the influence from the Vibe Scepter.

Blow You Away: Activated when Peach becomes all perky.
Healing Factor: Activated when Peach becomes calm.
Making a Splash: Activated when Peach gets all teary-eyed.
Playing with Fire: Activated when Peach gets hotheaded.

:lol:

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

F is for Amahl Farouk (The Shadow King)

Masters of Evil

ImageImageImageImageImage

Count Nefaria (Luchino Nefaria), Mandarin, Loki, Immortus, Amahl Farouk (The Shadow King)

Villain's Inc.

ImageImageImage

Paperdoll, Owl, Hood

Sinister Syndicate

ImageImageImage

Klaw, Speed Demon (James Sanders), Griffen

The Uncanny Avengers

Phoenix (Jean Grey), Captain America (Steve Rogers), Thena, Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), Iceman (Robert Drake), Genis-Vell, Songbird (Melissa Gold)

Young Allies

Dust (Sooraya Qadir), Zero-G (Alex Power), Spider Girl (Anya Corazon), Hope, Irma Cuckoo, Nico Minoru

Excalibur

Sabra, Ursa Major, Venus, X-51, The Machine Man, Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida), Excalibur (Faiza Hussain), Storm (Ororo Munroe)

Heroes for Hire

Boom Boom, Constrictor, Frenzy, Jack Flag, Misty Knight, Longshot

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 264 posts

Postby pastajoe » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:08 pm

M.A.W. (Master Axis of Warriors)

Flag Smasher, Blackbriar Thorn, Baron Zemo, Yellow Claw

ImageImageImageImage

Versus
W.A.M. (World Allied Metas)

NagraJ(Snake King-India), Diamond LiL(Canada), Captain BritaiN(England), DooP(Unknown), DriQ(Alien), Arabian KnighT II(Saudi Arabia), Gui Hu Sha ShoU(Ghost Fox Killer-China),
Iya TrepiloV(Perun-Russia), LockjaW(Inhumans), Crimson FoX(France)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

M.A.B. (Menaces Against Badasses)

Green Goblin, Eddie Brock(Venom)

ImageImage

Versus
B.A.M. (Badass American Muscle)

NightwinG, FlasH (Wally West), Helena Bertinelli (Huntress), PoweR Man,
HellboY, M'gann M'orzZ(Miss Martian), KiD Eternity, JefF Pierce(Black Lightning)

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

M.O.O.B. (Mission Objective Overwhelming Battalion)

Destroyer Duck, Captain Atom, Americommando, X-Cutioner, Warwolf

ImageImageImageImageImage

Versus
B.O.O.M. (Brotherhood Of Odious Maleficence)

Manchester BlacK, ZooM II, FuegO, Dr OctopuS,
TitaniA, BomB Queen, BatroC, Dansen MacabrE

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 193 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:24 pm

The League Of Assassins:

Thomas Elliot( Hush), Constantine Drakon, David Cain, Bull's Eye, Artemis of the Coda, Zeiss, Yelena Bolova( Black Widow 2)

The Shadow Warriors:

Mr. X( Shadow Boss), White Canary, Lady Vic

My fourth pick for the Shadow Warriors is Ubu who is basically a newer version of Abobo in this draft.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Re: Super Alphabet Draft Round 2

Postby HNutz » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:52 am

Samus Aran, Simon Belmont, Carmen Sandiego, Dirk the Daring, Edward Kenway, Fox McCloud, Ganon, Heihachi Mishima, Index Librorum Prohibitorum, Jack series, Kazuya Mishima, Link, Master Hand, Nemesis, Ogre, Pelagia, Quadratus, Ryu Hayabusa, Sephiroth, Shang Tsung, Ulthane, Vivi Ornitier, Wolf O'Donnell, (Mega Man) X, Yoshimitsu, Princess Zelda

Zero, Yoshi, Xehanort, Dr. Albert Wily, Voldo, Ultimecia, Dr. Thomas Light, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Quan Chi, Princess Peach, Hal "Otagon" Emmerich, N, M, L, K, J, I, H, G, F, E, D, C, B, A

War! War has united the various realms of video game. Or, to be more precise, invasion. A long-dormant force has reawakened, discovered a source of unexpected power and began consolidating their power base. Many empires have joined the invaders or been crushed beneath their heels. The surviving heroes have united, preparing to launch an all-out assault againt the invaders, using both magic & technology to exploit a small but vital flaw in their stronghold.

Knowing the dangers of magic and resurrection, the invaders have found a realm without magic, which they use as a prison world. They brainwash and hide the captives away on this world, along with guards to keep an eye on them. Most are well-hidden in Earth and can not be found to be reawakened. Others know who they are but do not want to leave their new life. Others still have found something worth fighting for, become a better person, or simply want to return to their old lives. But, either way, they're willing to fight the invaders.

And the guards, although working with the invaders, certainly have their own hidden agendas (which probably led to them getting "awarded" with this station). The lack of oversight and the feeling of abandonment they all seem to share only adds fuel to this fire.

But the invaders don't know that, as more magic enters the realm, the brainwashing is fading for a select few (most of them were placed into alternate identities that mirror their "real selves" in some aspect, so that they would readily buy into their new life) and objects of power are being drawn into the world.

(So it's like "Fabletown"/"Once Upon A Time" on Earth and "Ready, Player One" in the world of video game, with a little "Neverending Story" thrown in.)

The Earthbound

Samus Aran, Simon Belmont, Dirk the Daring, Edward Kenway,

The Wreckers

Peach,

A Team (of mercs)

Otagon,

The Great Rebellion

Fox McCloud, Index Librorum Prohibitorum, Link , Ulthane, Vivi Ornitier, Wolf O'Donnell, (Mega Man) X, Yoshimitsu, Zelda, Yoshi, Dr. Thomas Light

The Evil Empire

Ganon, Master Hand, Nemesis, Ogre, Pelagia, Quadratus, Ultmecia, Quan Chi

Mishima Corporation

Heihachi Mishima, Jack series, Kazuya Mishima, Nemesis, Zero, Dr. Albert Wily, Sub-Zero

Shadaloo

Shang Tsung, Xehenort, Voldo

Loners

Carmen Santiago, Ryu Hayabusa, Sephiroth, Raiden

Samus is a bounty hunter on Earth. But we'd get to see scenes of her in her armor (flashbacks, off world action down the line, etc) at some point. And it would be fun seeing her side by side with Mega Man X.
Simon would be a monster hunter, pretty much like Dean Winchester
Carmen Santiago? Think Sherlock's take on Irene Adler. C.C. Rendozo from Wildcats 3.0. Zoe & Root from Person of Interest. Or, y'know, Carmen Santiago. 8) She'll sell to/steal from Mishima, Shadaloo and the Earthbound.
As for Dirk the Daring... you remember how, in the cartoon, he could see all of the different options in front of him? Maybe he's got his own limited "Sherlock Scan"or whatnot...
Fox McCloud's my Top Gun, my Luke Skywalker piloting an X-Wing, shooting down the Death Star.
Ganon's tower would be full of artifacts/obstacles from other, familiar games, like the Fire Swords, spikes, deadly fog (which I THOUGHT I could use as my "F" pick), crushed Tetris blocks & Koopa shells, etc.
Imagine the Mishima Zaibatsu Corp. as "Wolfram & Hart" (the evil law firm from Angel) and Heihachi's the current CEO.
Index is basically The Archive (from The Dresden Files), with 103,000 grimores in her head.
Jacks are pretty much T-1000 series Terminators (the Arnold Schwarzenegger model), but Russian.
Kazuya's basically Smallville's Lex Luthor, but with the Devil Gene.
Link's the epic, optimistic hero. Like Luke fighting Darth Vader or Frodo & Sam in LotR.
Master Hand's the source of Ganon's newborn power. Ganon uses him like a puppet on a string... or is it the other way around?
Nemesis (from Resident Evil) is one of Ganon's protectors in his tower. And he carries a giant rocket launcher.
Pelagia and Quadratus are the two Colossi guarding Ganon's tower.
I'd like to give Ryu a backstory with both the Mishima Corporation & Shadaloo. He's still a good guy, but he did some things for them. It started by them helping him find and hunt down his father's killer (and one of their competitors) and then some other jobs for them but left when they tried making him do something he knew was wrong. Now there's a personal grudge there... Ryu eventually sides with the rest of the Earthbound, but, like Batman, he's "part time" at best.
Sephiroth is the "Vampire Eric" of my story. He will associate with both the Earthbound and Shadaloo, depending on the situation and whatever mood he's in that day.
Shang Tsung is a "powerful and treacherous sorcerer" who calls his group of assassins and killers "Shadaloo". I'm picturing a pretty epic backstory with him & Ryu.
Remember "The Worthy" from the otherwise-forgettable "Fear Itself"? How the Asgardian elves made magical uru armor for some of the heroes? I could see my blacksmith strengthening some magical weapons (rebuilding Link's Master Sword, perhaps) or giving others a magical power-up (Samus or X, maybe)? He's big but he's not all that social...
I know I have Index already, but I wanted a second magician. Just because the Archive is around doesn't mean there's no place for Harry Dresden, y'know?
If Fox McCloud is my Luke Skywalker, Wolf is my Han Solo. If Fox is Jack Harkness, Wolf is John Hart. If Fox is Iceman, then Wolf is Tom Cruise. They have a bitter rivalry but they can work together.... for now.
I'd like to see what could be done with X's adaptive technology. You know, how he can gain the powers of his enemies... also, he knows how to do the Hadoken and can do it on occasion. I'd like to see X fighting side by side with Samus.
A Ninja cyborg that can teleport, heal himself and carries a lightsaber to a fist fight? Yeah, Yoshimitsu's not a "real world" character, but I would like to show him accidently teleporting between realms a couple of times (and reverting to a more realistic look in the Earth realm)
Zelda would be my Princess Leia and the mastermind of the Great Rebellion.
Dr. Wily's the reason that Zero is evil in the real world. And he's the inventor of the Jack robots.
Ultimecia is the Evil Queen,the Bride of Ganon, an evil sorceress from the Final Fantasy series who wants to remake/rule the world. She's what Death is to Thanos (or used to be, at least). But is she willing to share power with her husband...? Or, if Ganon is overthrown and she's still free, are the heroes simply replacing one evil with another? The devil you know vs. the devil you don't?
Dr. Light's pretty busy, keeping the Starfox jets and X in working order.
Sub-Zero's with Mishima Corp. (perhaps as Ryu's replacement, definitely teasing the idea of "Cyber Sub-Zero" down the road, but with a redesign) and not with Shadaloo (because of additional plans I have down the road).
Raiden, like Dungeon Master from the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon, provides cryptic advice to the Earthbound heroes. He knows that interferring too much may have disasterous and unforseen consequences (like in the last game) and is bound by certain rules but can and will kick a lot of ass when appropriate. As with Shang Tsung, Raiden's portrayal in the first Mortal Kombat is what I want to stick with. There's one situation in particular coming up that the power and wisdom of a god will be needed...
Quan Chi is The Dragon for Ganon, the secret consort of Ultimecia and The Starscream to them both. He's a powerful necromancer and manipulative bastard who wants all the power for himself. Even a god like Raiden isn't immune to his machinations. And, like Raiden and Yoshimitsu, Quan Chi can teleport between realms. I'd love to see a fight between Yoshimitsu and Quan Chi where Yoshimitsu, barely surviving, manages to teleport to the Earth realm... only to be shocked (along with the audience) to see that Quan Chi has followed him!
Peach is one of the Wreckers, a small group of Earthbound roving hunters (like Supernatural). Also my dirtiest pick, as she gets her powers from the "Vibe Sceptre" that she found at her mother's house & it makes her "laugh a lot" (their words). The Wreckers start off on Earth but will eventually try to make their way back to the Mushroom Kingdom (starting off by using an old, abandoned Warp Zone... they're not sure where it'll take them ), helping others along the way.
Otagon is my "Oracle". Aside from providing tech support to the mercs (his main job), he's also "the voice in the ear" for Peach as well, looking up lore, computer records, etc.

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:50 am

Round 2

D - Drax

The Global Guardians
Owlwoman, Manitou Raven, Jack O'Lantern, Icemaiden, Geoforce, Elysius

Venture Capital (a rival startup to The Motley Fools)
ImageImageImage
Luminus, Killer Shrike, Fadeaway Man

Doomed Patrol
ImageImageImage
Negative Man, Hell's Angel, Drax

Round 1
Need a simple job done in a not-so-simple way?
Do you have an evil scheme that requires a distraction on the other end of town?
Better call
The Motley Fools
Oddball, Psycho Pirate, Warp, Zebra Man, Angle Man, Enigma, Kaleidoscope

Daddy's Girls
Quarrel, Ravager, Scandal, Tarantula, Unuscione, Bloodstone, Donner

Star Squadron
Vanguard, Xenith, Yz the Thunderbolt, Ceritak, Forager, Gabriel the Air-Walker, Halo, Inazuma, Jack of Hearts, Lightray, Mister Miracle, Nikki
-

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:51 am

E is for Nathaniel Essex (Mister Sinister)

Masters of Evil

Count Nefaria (Luchino Nefaria), Mandarin, Loki, Immortus, Amahl Farouk (The Shadow King), Nathaniel Essex (Mister Sinister)

Villain's Inc.

ImageImageImage

Paperdoll, Owl, Hood

Sinister Syndicate

ImageImageImage

Klaw, Speed Demon (James Sanders), Griffen

The Uncanny Avengers

Phoenix (Jean Grey), Captain America (Steve Rogers), Thena, Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff), Iceman (Robert Drake), Genis-Vell, Songbird (Melissa Gold)

Young Allies

Dust (Sooraya Qadir), Zero-G (Alex Power), Spider Girl (Anya Corazon), Hope, Irma Cuckoo, Nico Minoru

Excalibur

Sabra, Ursa Major, Venus, X-51, The Machine Man, Sunfire (Shiro Yoshida), Excalibur (Faiza Hussain), Storm (Ororo Munroe)

Heroes for Hire

Boom Boom, Constrictor, Frenzy, Jack Flag, Misty Knight, Longshot

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum