Advertisement

Super Anything Goes Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7256
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby Grayson » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 pm

draco x wrote:Thanks for the updates and all, Grayson, but just letting you know the name of my Team 2 is the Guardians actually.


:like

Fixed!

Advertisement

outsider
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 32756
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby outsider » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Ack, I'm behind! It's been a crazy week but I'll catch up Friday morning.
Awesome picms, esp. pastajoe & HNutz
-

HNutz
User avatar
Fagorstorm
 
Posts: 13638
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Online


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby HNutz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:10 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
(Imagine a world between Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter & FDR: American Badass. Imagine a team reminiscent of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen & the Manhattan Project. Imagine a group active during WWI dealing with the things that go bump in the night.)

Early into President Wilson's administration, the world was engulfed in conflict and on the precipice of a war to end all wars. To subtly protect US interests and keep them out of the growing violence, Wilson created a group, operating under the cover of darkness and reporting directly to his office. These agents make up... the Shadow Protocols.

(I was going for a name similar to Morrison's "Black Casebook" and Moore's "Black Dossier", to evoke similar thoughts.)


Agents of the Shadow Protocols

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Harry Houdini - The escape artist
Wyatt Earp - The gunman
Jack Dempsey - The muscle
Nellie Bly - The investigator
Henry Ford - The machinist
Rupert Gould - The monster hunter

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
(Although historically a pacifist opposed to the war, I'm imagining that putting him into a context such as this, where he could prevent US entry into WWI, he'd be more active. I'm also visualizing some creative prototypes he could bring to the table)


(While he became famous for hunting the Loch Ness Monster & a sea serpent, I'm postulating that those weren't his first experiences with hunting creatures, just the best known. Also that these experiences may have, in part, led to his later nervous breakdowns.And apparently this is the ONLY photo of him online. Happy with my VERY last minute idea! 8) )

Vs.

The Portents of Doom

ImageImageImageImageImage

Gregori Rasputin - The mystic
Mata Hari - The spy
The Axeman of New Orleans - The supernatural killer
Charles Ponzi - The millionare con artist
Aleister Crowley - The occultist

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
(Between the creation of his own religion, the drug use, etc. he was also a spy for the British. So here I'd have him acting as a mole, who informs the British (who get word to the Americans) that Rasputin is in possession of the Necronomicon and is close to unlocking its secrets)


(And, as always, these are real people and links about each have been provided.)

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 18974
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby e_galston » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:12 pm

My Eleventh draft pick and sixth member of my first team is Jake the Black Megaforce Ranger

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
Image

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7256
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby Grayson » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:36 pm

The Revenge Society

ImageImageImageImage

Phantom Limb, Torpedo Man, Porcupine, Orb

The All-New Time Masters

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
In the puzzling absence of Rip Hunter, the space-time continuum mysteriously begins to fall apart. Brought together by Booster Gold, the all-new Time Masters are tasked with the responsibility of holding all of time and space together. Plucked from various time streams throughout the multiverse, these individuals operate with the knowledge that failure literally is not an option...


ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Spider-Man (Miguel O'Hara), Batman (Terry McGinnis), Mind Witch (Megan Summers), Booster Gold, Nightstar, Torunn, Superman (Kal Kent)
ImageImageImage

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7949
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby Draco x » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:30 am

My 4th pick for the Guardians is Andreaia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Draco x
User avatar
penile prisoner
 
Posts: 7949
Likes: 18 posts
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby Draco x » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:32 am

Grayson wrote:
:like

Fixed!


Thanks. Much appreciated.

Agent of the Bat
User avatar
Outhouse World Champion
 
Posts: 26269
Likes: 6 posts
Liked in: 5 posts
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Georgia
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby Agent of the Bat » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:56 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Image

outsider
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 32756
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby outsider » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:41 am

Nostalginauts
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Crystar, She-Ra, Changeling, Storm, Metamorpho, Jason, Captain Marvel

Reflecticons
ImageImageImageImage
Diamond Lil, Floronic Man, Hobgoblin, Jinx
-

BubbaKanoosh
User avatar
2009 Most Valuable Poster
 
Posts: 35070
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 am
Formerly: BRBKanoosh


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:00 am

.
Last edited by BubbaKanoosh on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

e_galston
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 18974
Likes: 3 posts
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:38 pm
Location: Frederick, MD
Formerly: Sitebreaker


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby e_galston » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:13 pm

only bad thing about drafting the way i have is i can't have any cool team names
Image

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7256
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby Grayson » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:29 pm

e_galston wrote:only bad thing about drafting the way i have is i can't have any cool team names


Yeah you can! Since your teams are made up of various members of other Ranger teams, you could come up with your own Power Rangers series. 8)

outsider
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 32756
Likes: 25 posts
Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:35 pm
Title: Absent
Formerly: Scantronman, _OM_ & cyclopsfan


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby outsider » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:17 pm

e_galston wrote:only bad thing about drafting the way i have is i can't have any cool team names

I know jack about Power Rangers, but I'm 101% sure we can come up with cool team names with you.
-

HNutz
User avatar
Fagorstorm
 
Posts: 13638
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:22 pm


Online


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby HNutz » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:46 pm

outsider wrote:Ack, I'm behind! It's been a crazy week but I'll catch up Friday morning.
Awesome picms, esp. pastajoe & HNutz


:like 8)

Thanks, man!

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 7256
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 7 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Online


Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby Grayson » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 pm

HNutz wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
(Imagine a world between Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter & FDR: American Badass. Imagine a team reminiscent of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen & the Manhattan Project. Imagine a group active during WWI dealing with the things that go bump in the night.)

Early into President Wilson's administration, the world was engulfed in conflict and on the precipice of a war to end all wars. To subtly protect US interests and keep them out of the growing violence, Wilson created a group, operating under the cover of darkness and reporting directly to his office. These agents make up... the Shadow Protocols.

(I was going for a name similar to Morrison's "Black Casebook" and Moore's "Black Dossier", to evoke similar thoughts.)


Agents of the Shadow Protocols

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Harry Houdini - The escape artist
Wyatt Earp - The gunman
Jack Dempsey - The muscle
Nellie Bly - The investigator
Henry Ford - The machinist
Rupert Gould - The monster hunter

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
(Although historically a pacifist opposed to the war, I'm imagining that putting him into a context such as this, where he could prevent US entry into WWI, he'd be more active. I'm also visualizing some creative prototypes he could bring to the table)


(While he became famous for hunting the Loch Ness Monster & a sea serpent, I'm postulating that those weren't his first experiences with hunting creatures, just the best known. Also that these experiences may have, in part, led to his later nervous breakdowns.And apparently this is the ONLY photo of him online. Happy with my VERY last minute idea! 8) )

Vs.

The Portents of Doom

ImageImageImageImageImage

Gregori Rasputin - The mystic
Mata Hari - The spy
The Axeman of New Orleans - The supernatural killer
Charles Ponzi - The millionare con artist
Aleister Crowley - The occultist

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
(Between the creation of his own religion, the drug use, etc. he was also a spy for the British. So here I'd have him acting as a mole, who informs the British (who get word to the Americans) that Rasputin is in possession of the Necronomicon and is close to unlocking its secrets)


(And, as always, these are real people and links about each have been provided.)


Sorry man, cropping the other picture would have been a nightmare. I hope this picture works instead.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], MSN [Bot], MSNbot Media and 64 guests

Advertisement