Advertisement

Super Anything Goes Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 999 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Re: Super Anything Goes Draft

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:34 pm

Agent Sasher wrote:I think I am going to try and come up with the most ridiculous team I can think of for the next draft! That way whoever has to pick my opposing team can just go nuts as well!

that's what I usually do

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1240 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:29 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:i'm super pumped

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

:like
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 618 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:28 pm

i'll post the new thread in a couple days, have to work in the am, so i'll do it either tomorrow when i get home or on thursday, but remember its gonna be a comics only draft

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 881 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: cyclone, Chili con Blarney

Postby outsider » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:56 am

e_galston wrote:we'll start the next draft on monday...
I'll be out of town until the 3rd thru the 10th, but if you're okay with me playing catch-up, go ahead and add me to the list.
Bubba's battle theme sounds fun.
:smt066 :smt062
-

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 840 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:54 pm

e_galston wrote:i'll post the new thread in a couple days, have to work in the am, so i'll do it either tomorrow when i get home or on thursday, but remember its gonna be a comics only draft

Unlike most drafts, I have a theme in mind AND picks planned out.

However, it's pretty specific and there's no real backups if I miss a character. :(

Actually... I'm rethinking my original theme. I think I have an idea that's more fun. 8)

BubbaKanoosh wrote:The Dreadnaughts

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Zartan, Dog Logan, Bebop, Slayback, Bushwacker, Kano, Whiplash

In 2002, a military crack unit was experimented on, sent on covert operations all over the world, and once the government found there usefulness complete framed them for crimes they didn't commit. They were sent to a maximum superhuman prison, where they promptly escaped to the New York underground. If you need their help, and you can find them, maybe you can hire...

A-TEAM 7

Hannibal Smith, Grifter, John Wraith, Jenny Sparks, Al Pratt, Paladin, Jimmy Woo

Heh... really digging the fact that, instead of Avengers or Justice League... you went with Dreadnaughts & A-Team 7. Some cool picks all around, especially Grifter, Hannibal, Jimmy Woo, Zartan, Jenny Sparks, Dog Logan, Paladin... and then you thought outside the box with Slaymaster, Bebop, Bushwacker! Very cool!

pastajoe wrote:From screens large and small comes...the S.I.N.

Sinister Infamous Network

Casanova Frankenstein, Nuclear Man, Trickster, Malcolm Merlyn, Harley Quinn, Sandman, Mordru

VS

From the past, into the present, to ensure our future...they are J.L.A.

Justice from Live Action

Nick Fury, Meteor Man, Isis, The Cape, Electra Woman, Man from Atlantis, Zatanna

As always, great use of acronyms!

I like how you used some "classic" characters like Zatanna, some forgotten about ones like Trickster, some characters from mort-y shows like Birds of Prey and the Cape... yeah, I'd TOTALLY watch this show! 8)

outsider wrote:Nostalginauts
Crystar, She-Ra, Changeling, Storm, Metamorpho, Jason, Captain Marvel

Reflecticons
Diamond Lil, Floronic Man, Hobgoblin, Jinx, Silver Swan, Zardeth, Chilla

Some definite oddball picks here, too. But I especially like the combination of Crystar & She-Ra, Hobgoblin, Captain Marvel and Jinx. You used heroes & villains from a variety of places! Good job! :)

Agent Sasher wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Your Marvel team looks like it's been ripped from the comics. I could TOTALLY see this Uncanny X-Force/Thunderbolts combo being published.

As for your DC team, I think my favorite thing is how you used Flashpoint Batman for your "Secret Six Squad". :)

Grayson wrote:
The Revenge Society

Growing tired of his repeated failure to seize control of the Guild of Calamitous Intent, the Phantom Limb sets his sights on a different prize. If he can't control the largest organized supervillainy organization in the world, then he will simply control the world instead. In order to do this, he begins recruiting villains who have been cast aside by their primary arch-nemeses and in secret begins training and rearming them to be better than they were before. Counting on the world viewing them only as failures, the Revenge Society starts small but in a matter of months gain significant power and hold key victories over villainous and heroic teams alike.

Phantom Limb, Torpedo Man, Porcupine, Orb, Maxie Zeus, Hypno Hustler, Egg Fu

The All-New Time Masters

In the puzzling absence of Rip Hunter, the space-time continuum mysteriously begins to fall apart. Brought together by Booster Gold, the all-new Time Masters are tasked with the responsibility of holding all of time and space together. Plucked from various time streams throughout the multiverse, these individuals operate with the knowledge that failure literally is not an option...

Spider-Man (Miguel O'Hara), Batman (Terry McGinnis), Mind Witch (Megan Summers), Booster Gold, Nightstar, Torunn, Superman (Kal Kent)

LOVE the Time Masters! Particularly the trio of Spider-Man 2099, Batman Beyond & Booster Gold. I'm not as familiar with the rest, but they seem cool.

As for your villains... Egg Fu! Porcupine! Phantom Limb! Orb! Hypno Hustler! That's great! Hilarious AND original! :lol:

e_galston wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I'm only familiar with the original Rangers, so I don't really know a lot about most of the folks you drafted. But props on picking (and sticking with) an unusual and pretty unique theme!

draco x wrote:
The Eliminators

Ryu Hayabusa, Alucard, Proto Man, Vectorman, Kratos, Blaze, Magdalene

Vs.

The Guardians

Bob, Dot, Matrix, AndrAIa, Ray Tracer, Mouse, Turbo

This reminds me of an updated "Captain N: The Game Master"... in a good way! Would love to see the characters I know (Ryu, Alucard, Kratos, Proto Man) in a shared universe, exploring different video game universes and whatnot... Always appreciate it when folks show love to Ninja Gaiden! 8)
Last edited by HNutz on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 pm

HNutz wrote:
(Imagine a world between Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter & FDR: American Badass. Imagine a team reminiscent of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen & the Manhattan Project. Imagine a group active during WWI dealing with the things that go bump in the night.)

Early into President Wilson's administration, the world was engulfed in conflict and on the precipice of a war to end all wars. To subtly protect US interests and keep them out of the growing violence, Wilson created a group, operating under the cover of darkness and reporting directly to his office. These agents make up... the Shadow Protocols.

(I was going for a name similar to Morrison's "Black Casebook" and Moore's "Black Dossier", to evoke similar thoughts.)

Agents of the Shadow Protocols

Harry Houdini - The escape artist
Wyatt Earp - The gunman
Jack Dempsey - The muscle
Nellie Bly - The investigator
Henry Ford - The machinist
Rupert Gould - The monster hunter
Nikola Tesla - The visionary inventor

(Although historically a pacifist opposed to the war, I'm imagining that putting him into a context such as this, where he could prevent US entry into WWI, he'd be more active. I'm also visualizing some creative prototypes he could bring to the table)

(While he became famous for hunting the Loch Ness Monster & a sea serpent, I'm postulating that those weren't his first experiences with hunting creatures, just the best known. Also that these experiences may have, in part, led to his later nervous breakdowns. Happy with my VERY last minute idea! 8) )

Would love to see what would come from Tesla & Ford working together.

Vs.

The Portents of Doom

Gregori Rasputin - The mystic
Mata Hari - The spy
The Axeman of New Orleans - The supernatural killer
Charles Ponzi - The millionare con artist
Aleister Crowley - The occultist
H.P. Lovecraft - The vessel
Felix Von Luckner - The captain

(Between the creation of his own religion, the drug use, etc. Crowley was also a spy for the British. So here I'd have him acting as a mole, who informs the British (who get word to the Americans) that Rasputin is in possession of the Necronomicon and is close to unlocking its secrets)

I would have H.P. Lovecraft as an unwilling vessel, a housing for some powerful demon. This would be Rasputin's ultimate weapon and, incidentally, what leads to Lovecraft's publishing of a new series of "fiction" (actually the remembrances of his experience).

I'm picturing him as a German Captain Jack Sparrow.

(And, as always, these are real people and links about each have been provided.)

I absolutely love both of these teams! Either Dark Horse or Image need to make this book happen ASAP please. :smt026
ImageImageImage

HNutz likes this post.

Sasher McSmasher
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 590 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby Sasher McSmasher » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks HNutz! I originally planned to do a Marvel Villains squad to go against Team Thunderforce but then I watched Flashpoint and Thomas Wayne is so awesome I thought I would give him a team similar to Batmans Outsiders but it ended up looking more like the Suicide Sqaud so I just refer to them as the Batman and the Suiciders.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:48 pm

e_galston wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Love both of these teams! I haven't watched Power Rangers regularly since I was in the 5th or 6th grade but I would watch this! Great job my friend!

Agent Sasher wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

:shock: This would make an incredibly intense face off. I feel like it would be some epic Uncanny X-Force/Secret Avengers/Thunderbolts crossover with an Elseworlds Secret Six. It would be glorious! :-D

draco x wrote:
The Eliminators

Ryu Hayabusa, Alucard, Proto Man, Vectorman, Kratos, Blaze, Magdalene

Vs.

The Guardians

Bob, Dot, Matrix, AndrAIa, Ray Tracer, Mouse, Turbo

Intriguing concept of actual video game characters infiltrating Mainframe. This would have been a pretty great season of Reboot if the show were still around and had a better budget.

outsider wrote:Nostalginauts
Crystar, She-Ra, Changeling, Storm, Metamorpho, Jason, Captain Marvel

Reflecticons
Diamond Lil, Floronic Man, Hobgoblin, Jinx, Silver Swan, Zardeth, Chilla

Both of these teams remind me of the good old days when I was a little kid reading comics and anything was possible. Great job! 8)

pastajoe wrote:Sinister Infamous Network

Casanova Frankenstein, Nuclear Man, Trickster, Malcolm Merlyn, Harley Quinn, Sandman, Mordru

VS

Justice from Live Action

Nick Fury, Meteor Man, Isis, The Cape, Electra Woman, Man from Atlantis, Zatanna

You had me at Meteor Man and you hooked me with the Cape! Holy crap these teams are filled with all kinds of awesome!

BubbaKanoosh wrote:The Dreadnaughts

Zartan, Dog Logan, Bebop, Slayback, Bushwacker, Kano, Whiplash

A-TEAM 7

Hannibal Smith, Grifter, John Wraith, Jenny Sparks, Al Pratt, Paladin, Jimmy Woo

I love the fact that both of these teams could easily exist within almost any of the universes that you took characters from. Great teams that would provide a great story filled with great action. GREAT!
ImageImageImage

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 429 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:41 pm

This thread has inspired me to do a fanfic around the concept I made coincidentally.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 618 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:49 pm

thanks for the kind words Grayson... i took a (not to popular) theme and ran with it...

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby HNutz » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:14 pm

draco x wrote:This thread has inspired me to do a fanfic around the concept I made coincidentally.

Yeah, I have some ideas for a story for my team, too.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:11 pm

HNutz wrote:
Yeah, I have some ideas for a story for my team, too.

Good stuff, bro. Best of luck with that.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:14 pm

HNutz wrote:
Unlike most drafts, I have a theme in mind AND picks planned out.

However, it's pretty specific and there's no real backups if I miss a character. :(

I'll have to get to the rest later, but, for now...

Heh... really digging the fact that, instead of Avengers or Justice League... you went with Dreadnaughts & A-Team 7. Some cool picks all around, especially Grifter, Hannibal, Jimmy Woo, Zartan, Jenny Sparks, Dog Logan, Paladin... and then you thought outside the box with Slaymaster, Bebop, Bushwacker! Very cool!

As always, great use of acronyms!

I like how you used some "classic" characters like Zatanna, some forgotten about ones like Trickster, some characters from mort-y shows like Birds of Prey and the Cape... yeah, I'd TOTALLY watch this show! 8)

Some definite oddball picks here, too. But I especially like the combination of Crystar & She-Ra, Hobgoblin, Captain Marvel and Jinx. You used heroes & villains from a variety of places! Good job! :)

Your Marvel team looks like it's been ripped from the comics. I could TOTALLY see this Uncanny X-Force/Thunderbolts combo being published.

As for your DC team, I think my favorite thing is how you used Flashpoint Batman for your "Secret Six Squad". :)

LOVE the Time Masters! Particularly the trio of Spider-Man 2099, Batman Beyond & Booster Gold. I'm not as familiar with the rest, but they seem cool.

As for your villains... Egg Fu! Porcupine! Phantom Limb! Orb! Hypno Hustler! That's great! Hilarious AND original! :lol:

I'm only familiar with the original Rangers, so I don't really know a lot about most of the folks you drafted. But props on picking (and sticking with) an unusual and pretty unique theme!

This reminds me of an updated "Captain N: The Game Master"... in a good way! Would love to see the characters I know (Ryu, Alucard, Kratos, Proto Man) in a shared universe, exploring different video game universes and whatnot... Always appreciate it when folks show love to Ninja Gaiden! 8)

Yeah, I grew up on Ninja Gaiden so I will always have fond memories of that franchise. Yeah, I was coincidentally going for the Captain N theme here if the show had better better writing and artwork.

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:18 pm

draco x wrote:
Yeah, I grew up on Ninja Gaiden so I will always have fond memories of that franchise. Yeah, I was coincidentally going for the Captain N theme here if the show had better better writing and artwork.

You mean the way we remember the show vs the way the show ACTUALLY was written & animated? ;)

So you wouldn't have 2 midgets and a vain, self-obsessed vampire hunter on the team? That's probably a good call. 8)

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:19 pm

HNutz wrote:Always appreciate it when folks show love to Ninja Gaiden! 8)

draco x wrote:Yeah, I grew up on Ninja Gaiden so I will always have fond memories of that franchise. Yeah, I was coincidentally going for the Captain N theme here if the show had better better writing and artwork.

8)
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum