Advertisement

Super Blacklisted Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1019 posts

Re: Super Blacklisted Draft

Postby HNutz » Mon May 20, 2013 9:09 am

TROY wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nomad
Speed
Namorita
Thor Girl
Kate Bishop
Reptil
Victor Mancha

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Living Brain
Man-Ape
Gorgeous George
Mercy
Fear
Plasma
Mammomax

Very nice Young Justice team there! Also, I'm intrigued about your thinking behind your villains. They look pretty Mort-y but they could be great under the right writer.

Advertisement

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby HNutz » Mon May 20, 2013 9:27 am

e_galston wrote:My Last Pick is Living Lightning

my teams are both teams based on the Outsiders, first team is based on the post Graduation Day team, second team is based on the classic team

Team 1:

Winter Soldier: Nightwing
Valkyrie: Grace
Lyra: Thunder
Omega Sentinel: Indigo
Quasar: Jade
Prophet: Arsenal
3-D Man: Captain Boomerang Jr

Team 2:
Photon: Halo
Jubilee: Looker
Rictor: Geo-Force
Colleen Wing: Katana
Xavin: Metamorpho
Mach V: Atomic Knight
Living Lightning: Black Lightning

Okay, I don't know a lot about DC's Outsiders like Atomic Knight, Halo & Looker but, from the little I know, those are some good picks (I really like Mach V as Atomic Knight). And the rest of your picks are spot on.

Your first team, though, is my favorite.There's some cool characters we haven't seen interact together (Winter Soldier & Valkyrie), some outside-the-box thinking (Prophet), some that just fit really well (Omega Sentinel, Quasar) and some unexpected picks (3-D Man).

HNutz
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby HNutz » Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 am

Some more info on my team:

The Disavowed

Written by Jason Aaron
Art by Ron Garney

Marvel's modern version of Suicide Squad, Checkmate & Task Force X, with a little A-Team and Mission Impossible thrown in.

Expendable, overlooked heroes running the missions that SHIELD can't and the Avengers won't. Heroes trying to redeem their recent moral lapses and/or keep themselves out of prison.

No backup. No calvary. No chance of rescue.

No one to count on but each other.

Steel Spider - Arrested by Thunderbolts for continuing to be a hero after the Superhuman Registration Act was passed. Arm eaten by Venom.

David North - Involvement with Weapon X as both Maverick & Agent Zero

White Tiger - Various evil stuff during Shadowland

Hardball - Association with the Power Broker. Attemped to knock off an armored car. Double agent inside Camp Hammond. Sabatoged/stole S.P.I.N. Tech that would have ended World War Hulk.Running a HYDRA group.

Devil Slayer - Former hitman, recent Revenger

Warwolf - Lycanthropic agent of SHIELD

Micromax - Joining O*N*E, brainwashed into an assassination attempt

vs.

The 1400 Club

Black Widow (Yelena Belova) - Russian superspy + AIM Super Adaptoid

Machinesmith - Robot able to beam his consciousness into other mechanical bodies and other machinery

Erik Killmonger - Financial genius able to outfight and outthink T'Challa. Also beat death.

Tinkerer - Criminal weaponeer responsible for the technology behind Mysterio, Scorpion, Big Wheel, Rocket Racer, Black Cat, Diamondback and many others.

Spymaster - Undercover spy, uses intangibility equipment on occasion, constant thorn in Iron Man's side. (And back from the dead thanks to... the Hand).

Foreigner - Master strategist & hand to hand combatant. Limited hypnosis abilities make it appear that he has super speed. Master of disguise, with many identities already in place. Multilingual business leader. Was once the mastermind of the original "1400 Club", a network of spies, assassins, etc but he allowed it to get taken down because it had become too unwieldy. Ex-husband of Silver Sable and, IIRC, he's banged the Black Cat like a screen door in a hurricane.

Witchfire - Good guy gone bad, master of a variety of different categories of magic.

The Foreigner has reorganized the defunct "1400 Club" into a cabal of villainy, a small network of supervillains who, although they often work separately, their plans work toward the advancement of a common goal... complete global domination!

(Something like the Light, but without the alien alliance)

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1466 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm

e_galston wrote:

my teams are both teams based on the Outsiders, first team is based on the post Graduation Day team, second team is based on the classic team

Team 1:

Winter Soldier: Nightwing
Valkyrie: Grace
Lyra: Thunder
Omega Sentinel: Indigo
Quasar: Jade
Prophet: Arsenal
3-D Man: Captain Boomerang Jr

Team 2:
Photon: Halo
Jubilee: Looker
Rictor: Geo-Force
Colleen Wing: Katana
Xavin: Metamorpho
Mach V: Atomic Knight
Living Lightning: Black Lightning

I talked with Erik quite a bit about this team throughout the draft and I really like it. Making a "classic" team and a "modern" team is a neat way to keep people guessing and not using some of the more obvious choices really showed how much thought was put into these teams.
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Keb wrote:Final pick: Lady Mastermind

Black Avengers
ImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage

Story: A technological war looms on the borders of Wakanda, while a hostile threat lurks deep in the shadows. Fearing an all-out war against his people, King T'Challa (the Black Panther) calls in six super-powered beings to ramp up security in his nation. Bringing together the spy (Black Widow), the hero (Black Knight), the thief (Black Cat), the soldier (Venom), the muscle (Joe Fixit/Gray Hulk) and the weapon (X-23), the king (Black Panther) must protect his people from...

The Hellmongers Club
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage

Story: After the destruction of Wakanda's capital city by Namor (in AvX), Count Nefaria (Black King) realizes the potential to overtake and exploit the richness of Wakanda's technology and resources. He recruits Selene (Black Queen), who finds Ezekiel Stane (White King) and the three decide to form a new Hellfire Club. Dubbed the "Hellmongers Club", they recruit Amora the Enchantress (White Queen), Arnim Zola (Black Bishop), Gorgon (Black Rook) and Lady Mastermind (White Bishop). Together, they put in motion a plan to remove Wakanda's king and take over the country etc etc.

I don't really know how they would get away with explaining the return of Joe Fix-It but I could honestly see the Black Avengers working out well for awhile as the Secret Avengers and for exactly the same reasons that Keb listed in his story. I love the idea of a new Hellfire Club rising up and attempting to take control of Wakanda while it is in such a vulnerable state. This is definitely a book that I would buy.
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 20, 2013 3:34 pm

pastajoe wrote:Justice League Dark
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Hellboy, Hellstorm, Selene(Underworld), Daredevil,
Mr Monster, Necromancer, Man-Thing

The Religious Order
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Nightcrawler, Warrior Nun Areala, Battle Pope, Magdalena,
Gargoyle, Angela, Van Helsing

There's no doubt about it, these are just fun teams. As always, pasta creates 2 unique teams using characters that you wouldn't always think about and they work extremely well together. Both of these teams would work well in some type of crossover capacity.
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 20, 2013 3:39 pm

TROY wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nomad
Speed
Namorita
Thor Girl
Kate Bishop
Reptil
Victor Mancha

The Living Brain
Man-Ape
Gorgeous George
Mercy
Fear
Plasma
Mammomax

What I really like about Troy's teen team is the fact that it works perfectly in the capacity of both a new Young Avengers title as well as a replacement title for the Teen Titans. That being said, man did he knock it out of the park with his Brotherhood of Evil Team. Now I can't get the image of Man-Ape trying to romance the Living Brain out of my head!
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 20, 2013 3:49 pm

HNutz wrote:
The Disavowed

Written by Jason Aaron
Art by Ron Garney

Marvel's modern version of Suicide Squad, Checkmate & Task Force X, with a little A-Team and Mission Impossible thrown in.

Expendable, overlooked heroes running the missions that SHIELD can't and the Avengers won't. Heroes trying to redeem their recent moral lapses and/or keep themselves out of prison.

No backup. No calvary. No chance of rescue.

No one to count on but each other.

Steel Spider - Arrested by Thunderbolts for continuing to be a hero after the Superhuman Registration Act was passed. Arm eaten by Venom.

David North - Involvement with Weapon X as both Maverick & Agent Zero

White Tiger - Various evil stuff during Shadowland

Hardball - Association with the Power Broker. Attemped to knock off an armored car. Double agent inside Camp Hammond. Sabatoged/stole S.P.I.N. Tech that would have ended World War Hulk.Running a HYDRA group.

Devil Slayer - Former hitman, recent Revenger

Warwolf - Lycanthropic agent of SHIELD

Micromax - Joining O*N*E, brainwashed into an assassination attempt

vs.

The 1400 Club

Black Widow (Yelena Belova) - Russian superspy + AIM Super Adaptoid

Machinesmith - Robot able to beam his consciousness into other mechanical bodies and other machinery

Erik Killmonger - Financial genius able to outfight and outthink T'Challa. Also beat death.

Tinkerer - Criminal weaponeer responsible for the technology behind Mysterio, Scorpion, Big Wheel, Rocket Racer, Black Cat, Diamondback and many others.

Spymaster - Undercover spy, uses intangibility equipment on occasion, constant thorn in Iron Man's side. (And back from the dead thanks to... the Hand).

Foreigner - Master strategist & hand to hand combatant. Limited hypnosis abilities make it appear that he has super speed. Master of disguise, with many identities already in place. Multilingual business leader. Was once the mastermind of the original "1400 Club", a network of spies, assassins, etc but he allowed it to get taken down because it had become too unwieldy. Ex-husband of Silver Sable and, IIRC, he's banged the Black Cat like a screen door in a hurricane.

Witchfire - Good guy gone bad, master of a variety of different categories of magic.

The Foreigner has reorganized the defunct "1400 Club" into a cabal of villainy, a small network of supervillains who, although they often work separately, their plans work toward the advancement of a common goal... complete global domination!

(Something like the Light, but without the alien alliance)

The Disavowed really seems like it would be a great team to spin out of the older Thunderbolts title. It would nice to see this team sort of cut off from the rest of the Marvel Universe, interacting with the 1400 Club and their own supporting cast until maybe they had to swoop in and save the Avengers' asses. :P
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 20, 2013 3:57 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Moving away from Cyclops vision, Magneto realizes its time to have his own. With the resurgence of homo superior, he once again can form The Brotherhood

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Resurrected at the point of death and having there body replaced by a magical inanimate clone by Roma, these heroes are brought together to fight dangers that no one knows exists. Ones that effect the time stream and the fabric of time and space itself. From evil time lords and alien invasions to demonic hordes and all things that go bump in the night. They are alive as long as they make no contact with their former lives and loved ones. They live in the shadows and fight out of view. They are the Secret Society

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Her past self is in the present, but the present jean died and like always is reborn. And now she's the field leader of this team.

Voodoo is here for the hokus pokus.

Not going to lie, I really loved your Brotherhood team but I was blown away by the Secret Society. Eventually, when the rest of the Marvel Universe realizes that Cyclops was right, I would love to see Magneto splinter off and work with this type of Brotherhood team. The Secret Society would be a great team and I would love to see a book with art by David Aja. Great job Bubba!
ImageImageImage

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 20, 2013 4:06 pm

outsider wrote:The Whitelist
Whiteout, White Rabbit, Snowfall, Snow Queen, White Noise, White Fang, Snowblind

SPECTRUM
Cerise, Tangerine, Honey Lemon, Charles Moss, Charles Little Sky, Odysseus Indigo, Violet Pinkerton

Like pasta, outsider is able to create 2 really unique teams with 14 completely out of the box choices. Using characters with off the wall color names for the SPECTRUM team was absolutely brilliant and I liked that The Whitelist started out seemingly like it was going to be a team to sorta rival Keb's Avengers but then spun off into it's own fantastic creation.

All things considered, I think that everyone did an outstanding job once again!
ImageImageImage

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 722 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon May 20, 2013 10:29 pm

I know i said i was gonna critique teams but i got into a buffy marathon, so i wasn't able to. but i also got really good news last night so yay I won't be homeless!!!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 20, 2013 10:42 pm

e_galston wrote:I know i said i was gonna critique teams but i got into a buffy marathon, so i wasn't able to. but i also got really good news last night so yay I won't be homeless!!!

That is fantastic news! Congratulations sir!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 722 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Mon May 20, 2013 11:26 pm

thanks a friend of mine told me i could move in with him and his partner. Its not exactly where i wanna live. I will be in Frederick, MD but its like an hour away from DC and an hour away from Baltimore, which is better than where i'm at now. And its a bigger city, and has WAY more options for me as far as job and social life. And its only a train ride into Baltimore or DC

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 434 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Tue May 21, 2013 6:39 am

That's good news. If you see el topo tell him to get his ass back here!

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum