Advertisement

Super Universe Swap Draft

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 369 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Super Universe Swap Draft

Postby e_galston » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 am

ImageImageImageImageImage

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 783 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:35 pm

The All New Outsiders

ImageImage

Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Nova (Richard Rider), Cyclops, Emma Frost, Human Torch (Johnny Storm)

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 463 posts

Postby HNutz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Grayson wrote:The All New Outsiders

Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Nova (Richard Rider), Cyclops, Emma Frost, Human Torch (Johnny Storm)

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 323 posts

Postby pastajoe » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:45 pm

The Doom Patrol (to DC)

Dr Doom, Super Adaptoid, Super Skrull, Mystique, Carnage

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 341 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:12 am

I have always wanted to bring Captain America to the DCU and make him the leader of the Justice Society of America. The Man with No Fear has always said that Justice is blind, now he brings this philosophy to the JSA. More often than not she is thought of as a Goddess so it is only fitting to put Storm on a team that had many Godlike beings walk among their members. The original JSA had an Android among it's ranks that showed more heart than many humans, I would place The Vision in that role. A Vision created by Ivo that finds his true heart and joins the ranks of the JSA to take down the onslaught of his Android "brother" Amazo. The original JSA had Captain Marvel aka Shazam so this versions should have a Marvel of their own, so I give them Marvel Man. Must have a super genius on this team but I wanted someone that could be super powerful as well, so I chose Hany Pym, he gives the option of becoming Ant-man Giant Man Goliath Yellow Jacket Wasp etc.

The JSA

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 545 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:27 am

The Syndicate

Two-Face: great villain for DD and Punisher. So misused in the DCU.
Parasite: I've said this a thousand times, Parasite would be a great Hulk (and even Thor) villain.
Deadshot: I can see him being a good rogue for Hawkeye or Winter Soldier
Zoom (Hunter Zolomon): "Ironman, I want to make you a better hero"
Black Adam: Norse vs Egyptian. Thunder vs. lightning. Thor vs. Teth.
Circe: Foil for Wanda? Yep. Foil for Doc Strange? Yep. Foil for the Defenders, regular or Fearless? Yep.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 am

Last pick Monday? Or tomorrow and do the opposite company draft Monday?

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 am

i don't care one way or the other

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:46 am

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:03 am

e_galston wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageImage

This team is stellar. Deadman just made it more so.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:04 am

e_galston wrote:i don't care one way or the other

Ok

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:19 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
This team is stellar. Deadman just made it more so.

with the male dc characters so many of them really have to be from the DC universe to work.. the flashes don't have superspeed without the speedforce, can't imagine a GL power ring (or any color for that matter) would work in another universe that long. I went with characters who could still work. Plus i think it would be fun to see the various marvel death entities/gods try to work with Deadman to finally be able to rest in peace or potentially be brought back to life Just thought it could lead to good stories.

pastajoe
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 323 posts

Postby pastajoe » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:04 pm

The Doom Patrol (to DC)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Dr Doom, Super Adaptoid, Super Skrull, Mystique, Carnage, Daken

I wanted a team that would highlight some aspects of the Marvel superheroes, and led by Dr Doom would challenge the JLA.
Last edited by pastajoe on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:30 pm

e_galston wrote:
with the male dc characters so many of them really have to be from the DC universe to work.. the flashes don't have superspeed without the speedforce, can't imagine a GL power ring (or any color for that matter) would work in another universe that long. I went with characters who could still work. Plus i think it would be fun to see the various marvel death entities/gods try to work with Deadman to finally be able to rest in peace or potentially be brought back to life Just thought it could lead to good stories.

If I made Zoom a Marvel character, I would eliminate the Speed Force factor.. I think his motive operandi is just great. The whole "I will make you a better hero" is great, IMO. I took this draft as characters that I'd create in the Marvel U. Tweak their origins a bit and stuff but keep the core of the chapter the same. Like having Harvey Dent being a NY D.A. Etc.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 463 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:39 pm

Sending unused or underutilized DC characters for Marvel to use better (in their own titles, main roles in team titles, etc.)

The Flash (Wally West) - Former New Warrior & New Avenger (not Illuminati New Avengers). Best friends with Kyle.
Adam Strange - Guardians of the Galaxy (written like the "Planet Heist" mini, a little like MacGyver in space)
Lady Blackhawk (Zinda Blake) - Invaders during WWII, the go-to pilot in books like Wolverine, Captain America, etc. Later on, a main character in Fearless Defenders.
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) - Earth's only Green Lantern, former New Warrior & New Avenger. Wally's best friend.
The Question (Vic Sage) - Loner, conspiracy nut in the MU. Like Batman without the people skills and the money. The lone hero out of a very corrupt Chicago, but will help other heroes on occasion.
Supergirl (Linda Danvers) - Basically Marvel's version of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer meets Veronica Mars. While she fights several threats in her hometown of Leesburg, VA (with an increasing percentage of supernatural threats), she runs into very few superpowered allies. For a short time, she's an "Earth born angel". As she gets older, she runs into characters like Doctor Strange. She has several ties with the members of PAD's X-Factor. Does not wear a costume, just street clothes or specialized gear.

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
If I made Zoom a Marvel character, I would eliminate the Speed Force factor.. I think his motive operandi is just great. The whole "I will make you a better hero" is great, IMO. I took this draft as characters that I'd create in the Marvel U. Tweak their origins a bit and stuff but keep the core of the chapter the same. Like having Harvey Dent being a NY D.A. Etc.

That's what I was doing, too. If Marvel had the rights to use these characters, if they were introduced to the MU instead of the DCU, how would they look?

I REALLY like your take on Zoom and I could easily see him focusing on Stark, who has several issues that Zoom might take offense to.
Last edited by HNutz on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum