Sunday, December 9, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl Season Five Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:17 pm

SporkBot wrote:They have shown people like the guru with the crystal in his chest, and before that, the scientist with arm tusks. Thing is, most real-life immigrants, I believe, are blue-collar workers. So space-aliens being cab drivers, truckers, janitors, etc., isn't a terrible parallel.

Though it doesn't exactly help that their previous three season-long baddies have either been Kryptonians or the Kryptonian-like Daxamites, while the average Temba, no matter how wide his arms, was barely seen outside a bar before this season.

And then there's the other aliens, like the one who was stealing from museums and set Winn up for it, IIRC.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:20 pm

StrongStyleFiction wrote:
Woke progressives are some real fucking terrible people. In their made up pretend world, they decided to make aliens on earth about immigration to make a point and only think of those aliens as service workers for rich white liberals? They didn't think doctors inventing new cures for diseases? Engineers? Anything?

"But I was a navigator on a ship that traveled millions of miles to get here." "I don't hear toilet scrubbing."

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:04 pm

There's the Nth metal factory they built

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:There's the Nth metal factory they built

...that wrecked the economy in some towns, put families out of work, etc.

Wait, wasn't that a LexCorp factory? So, that's not on the E.Ts after all.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:There's the Nth metal factory they built

Well, Lena's money built, but good point. Still, is the average person going to be helped all that much by it? As opposed to economically feasible limitless clean energy? Or a cure for different types of cancer?

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:57 pm

HNutz wrote:
...that wrecked the economy in some towns, put families out of work, etc.

Wait, wasn't that a LexCorp factory? So, that's not on the E.Ts after all.

One would assume they supplied the technical expertise in working it. But it begs the question as to where they are actually sourcing the Nth metal.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:29 pm

achilles wrote:
One would assume they supplied the technical expertise in working it. But it begs the question as to where they are actually sourcing the Nth metal.

I feel like we're putting more thought into this than the writers did.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:35 pm

I think that's a safe assumption

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Watching it now.

"HAHAHA! Brainy didn't know mojitos were alcoholic and he passed out! Let's all laugh at the guy from the future not knowing something!"

Oh, look, Parasite 2.0 can destroy the aliens he copies? Interesting (but I bet Supergirl will be safe)..

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:54 pm

SporkBot wrote:They have shown people like the guru with the crystal in his chest, and before that, the scientist with arm tusks. Thing is, most real-life immigrants, I believe, are blue-collar workers. So space-aliens being cab drivers, truckers, janitors, etc., isn't a terrible parallel.

Though it doesn't exactly help that their previous three season-long baddies have either been Kryptonians or the Kryptonian-like Daxamites, while the average Temba, no matter how wide his arms, was barely seen outside a bar before this season.

Oh, look, there's an alien healer who's been around for decades and is famous... But he can't heal humans?

So who are the "dozens of lives" he's healed over the years that are apparently common knowledge now? Can't be human. And, if they're aliens, that kinda exposes their secret a bit, right?

And... a shapeshifting street performer? Wow, they REALLY are everywhere!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:05 pm

"I decided not to use my image inducer today. I met a girl, she turned out to be an alien too and she stopped using her image inducer, too."

This... may not end well.

Especially considering the bad guy for this episode needs to feed on aliens...

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:14 pm

That guy in the red shirt and Flava Flav necklace reminds me of Red Tornado and Martian Manhunter (well, his necklace, at least).

J'onn: "Find this face, DEO."
Brainy: "Done."

That's some scary ass Big Brother shit there.

"Hey, I'm Kara from CatCo and that's my friend breaking and entering behind you..."

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Between the show (via Heywood) admitting that the last three disasters were of alien origin and then them (via Kara) admitting that she didn't do her research... Wow.

If Kara didn't write an ill researched paper, none of that stuff with the healer might have happened. Then again, maybe it's for the best with his daughter (as long as he doesn't die).

Trapping the Parasite (with a power increasing amulet) under an energy dome with J'onn, Supergirl, DEO agents with personal force fields and TONS of innocents... Good plan. :roll:

Also, good thing Guardian had his gear nearby to save that one family from debris, J'onn to go check on that one alien guy instead of helping the dozens of people in danger and Supergirl was there to evacuate people one at a time.

"You can't change people's minds by slamming doors in their faces." - Interesting.

"I'm going to write an "Aliens of Central City" series." Sure, Kara, that might be good, IF you do your research this time. OR... you're putting a target on their heads.

J'onn J'onzz, Private Eye? That could be cool.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Jon Cryer Cast As Lex Luthor in Supergirl

I... don't know how I feel about this.

He was Ducky.
Alan Harper.
Lenny Luthor in Superman IV.

So.. Lex Luthor? I dunno....

Interestingly enough, he's 53. Brenda Strong, who plays Lex and Lena Luthor's mom, is 58.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:17 pm

HNutz wrote:Image

Jon Cryer Cast As Lex Luthor in Supergirl

I... don't know how I feel about this.

He was Ducky.
Alan Harper.
Lenny Luthor in Superman IV.

So.. Lex Luthor? I dunno....

Interestingly enough, he's 53. Brenda Strong, who plays Lex and Lena Luthor's mom, is 58.

She got started very...young?!?! :lol:

leave a comment with facebook