Monday, August 20, 2018 • Morning Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl Season Four Thread

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:31 am

I know, it's a little early to start the Season Four thread, but I thought it made more sense than adding to the Season Three thread.

We all know about Agent Victory and the trans character coming next season, but did y'all see that they're bringing Manchester Black to the show, too (played by David Ajala)?

And, they're making Black.. a black guy.

Is is just me, or is that really on the nose?

pastajoe

Rain Partier

Postby pastajoe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:39 am

Is he from Manchester too?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:41 am

pastajoe wrote:Is he from Manchester too?

Well, the actor is British...

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:53 am

HNutz wrote:I know, it's a little early to start the Season Four thread, but I thought it made more sense than adding to the Season Three thread.

We all know about Agent Victory and the trans character coming next season, but did y'all see that they're bringing Manchester Black to the show, too (played by David Ajala)?

And, they're making Black.. a black guy.

Is is just me, or is that really on the nose?

No, it's not just you. But it IS CW, and it IS SG. So they need their trans character, several lesbians, and they need to turn historically white characters black. Now, if they went and brought Steel into the picture, I somehow doubt they'd turn him white...

I'm kind of surprised they didn't make Supergirl herself a black lesbian in transition... :wink:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:06 am

achilles wrote:
No, it's not just you. But it IS CW, and it IS SG. So they need their trans character, several lesbians, and they need to turn historically white characters black. Now, if they went and brought Steel into the picture, I somehow doubt they'd turn him white...

I'm kind of surprised they didn't make Supergirl herself a black lesbian in transition... :wink:

Or, if they don't change the race (Agent Liberty and Mon-El spring to mind) they turn them evil or douchey...

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:26 am

HNutz wrote:
Or, if they don't change the race (Agent Liberty and Mon-El spring to mind) they turn them evil or douchey...

Wait...isn't SG herself already evil and douchey? :smt017

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:39 am

achilles wrote:
Wait...isn't SG herself already evil and douchey? :smt017

Not in the beginning.

But these days? You could probably make that argument.

And I'm thinking next season will only double down on the guard assaulting, complaining about Lena having the Kryptonite that saved her life and stopped Reign, more bizarre takes on current issues, all while ignoring the valid points like "alien invasions have increased since Supergirl arrived. Maybe we should prepare ourselves" and "Hey, the President is violating the Constitution" (they're probably going to just forget about her, I'm thinking).

*sigh*

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:15 pm

HNutz wrote:
Not in the beginning.

But these days? You could probably make that argument.

And I'm thinking next season will only double down on the guard assaulting, complaining about Lena having the Kryptonite that saved her life and stopped Reign, more bizarre takes on current issues, all while ignoring the valid points like "alien invasions have increased since Supergirl arrived. Maybe we should prepare ourselves" and "Hey, the President is violating the Constitution" (they're probably going to just forget about her, I'm thinking).

*sigh*

Given that Spiner was cast as the Vice President, or maybe President of Vice, which would be more fun, I'm thinking they'll address it. But also, it being CW, I'm thinking they'll address it by having President Durlan by triumphant, with the Constitution amended since she's so awesome or something, or the whole issue swept under the rug, because she's so awesome or something. I don't think the writers are going to give up their dream.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 pm

I'm on the verge of not even watching. I've been trying to work on a podcast about the show with another guy, and if that proceeds I will watch it just to be able to discuss it on the podcast, but it's been kind of on hiatus before it even began, so I'm not sure it will even happen. And if not... as unthinkable as it is, I just might be done with the Supergirl show.

I know it would not be great forever, but I am really bummed that I only get ONE good season out of it.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:52 pm

It doesn't bother me that they got a black guy to play Manchester Black.

It bothers me that, given the previous two seasons, he's likely going to be a standard bad guy with a paper-thin contradiction to Supergirl's no-kill rule (and that's a whole freakin' debate as it is). I have no reason to suspect that he'll be portrayed as he was in "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way...?" They've already attempted to question Kara's convictions so she can rise above her doubts and so forth, but they haven't done it very well.

*sigh*

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Chessack wrote:I'm on the verge of not even watching. I've been trying to work on a podcast about the show with another guy, and if that proceeds I will watch it just to be able to discuss it on the podcast, but it's been kind of on hiatus before it even began, so I'm not sure it will even happen. And if not... as unthinkable as it is, I just might be done with the Supergirl show.

I know it would not be great forever, but I am really bummed that I only get ONE good season out of it.

Yeah, the first season on CBS was fine, but then... :shock:

As a side note, evidently the reason Max Lord simply stopped without explanation was that the actor is based in Los Angeles and didn't want to move. They asked him about it on a local news show. Said he was willing to return for a guest spot. Of course he didn't get into why they never mentioned the character again, a simple explanation like he had, (that Lord was sitting in a prison somewhere).

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:02 pm

Chessack wrote:I'm on the verge of not even watching. I've been trying to work on a podcast about the show with another guy, and if that proceeds I will watch it just to be able to discuss it on the podcast, but it's been kind of on hiatus before it even began, so I'm not sure it will even happen. And if not... as unthinkable as it is, I just might be done with the Supergirl show.

No you didn’t. You got one “slightly less awful than the rest” season out of it.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:22 pm

chap22 wrote:
No you didn’t. You got one “slightly less awful than the rest” season out of it.

Well, compare it to the rest of the show.... :drunk

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:51 pm

chap22 wrote:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:53 pm

How many times have you said this ? Same with the Supergirl title. You've been threatening that one for almost 6 years. It's time to shit or get off the pot. Or get a new shtick.

leave a comment with facebook