Thursday, June 21, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Guest-starring Wolverine's cold, dead corpse!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl Season Three

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:04 pm

"You dont need to tell me anything twice."

Isn't that usually what the guy would say? ;)

"... but Kara was this elitist and I was a complete misogynist..."

:roll:

Still, it's cool having J'onn and Mon-El share a beer and bond while working on the "car".

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:07 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:WTF Alex? Nice way to exacerbate a tense situation.
"Well, that could have been worse". Yes, and it could have been better without you jumping the gun.

Why does the writing staff on that show write everyone as an effin moron? I mean stupid Alex, stupid SG, stupid J'ohn, stupid Winn, stupid Brainy, stupid Mon-el, stupid villains, (yeah, really pick one of the two cities in the world with a Kryptonian to launch you evil master plan in). Only Lena finally seems to realize that Reign is their buddy that they've all been hanging with who has mysterious blackouts at the times when Reign is active. And it's not like the Black Scorpion....excuse me Reign costume really disguises her all that well. Geeze, makes me root for Reign to win and kill them all...

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:10 am

HNutz wrote:
And this episode starts off with Supergirl and the DEO busting into someone's house based solely on... a dream Kara had?

Good for a warrant in any court in the land! :lol: Well, CW land anyway. When it's convenient for the writers. You know, when it lets them go home early.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:14 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:I really like Purity. Her character was fleshed out more than Reign's.
Mon-El is this show's Mr. Terrific. This guy led a revolution in the future? :?
Okay, I am curious about the Legion's real mission in the present.

I don't know, it seems like there's a contest going on as to who gets to be the most useless and stupid. Granted, Mon-El hasn't seemed to be good for anything yet, but then Alex is a real anchor around the neck too. And Jimmy? Why is he even still there? They won't use him as Guardian, he sucks with Lena. Winn is a plot device. Imra is hot, so I forgive her for a lot. Brainy is notable for being both annoying and absent, just like Jimmy a lot these days. Damn, Clark seems to the only useful one of the lot in the two times he's been on the show.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 am

HNutz wrote:And this episode starts off with Supergirl and the DEO busting into someone's house based solely on... a dream Kara had?

And you'd think that after Winn pointed out there was one solitary heat signature not moving inside, someone like J'onn, having done this long before Kara put on the cape and matching skirt, would have suggested she use her X-ray vision and super-hearing to figure out what she was doing before the obvious "oopsy" b&e. The only way to be more Wiggum-esque would have been to have Alex hope this was the right house, because the first three were really upset. I mean, they could've still had the whole surprise that Julie (I forget if that was her name) was listening to music, and even Alex being overly cautious, if they wanted.

Also...between Mon El talking to J'onn and then Imra, it feels like their relationship is on a very confused basis. At first it sounds like they were buddies that got married to end a feud, then they talk about "falling in love" in their honesty chat. I mean, really? He knew Kara for less than a year. She's been with Saturn Girl (I guess?) for seven. Is his nostalgia really going to override nearly a decade of actual experience with someone else? Because I was actually glad he'd moved on; it was a sign the poorly structured relationship with Kara was dead and gone, at least on his end. Eh, at least Kara mentioned she was moving on, so maybe that's something. Unless the season finale has Mon mack on her before leaving for the future or some stupid thing.

I like that Winn is made useful, but...really? He's twice solved a problem the "12th level intellect" couldn't? I'm not even familiar with Brainiac 5, and that sounds like bull to me.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:32 am

I was hoping there was a flame out thread somewhere

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:03 pm

This show continues to be terrible. Like "worse than Riverdale" terrible...at least Riverdale is gloriously terrible. This is just blandly terrible, which is much less forgivable.

Yet I still continue to watch both. :smt011 :smt011

Bianco

phrase IV

Postby Bianco » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Maybe they can call Felicity about neutralizing that siren cry. :)

Yeah this episode was a mess from begining to end based on what people already mentioned above

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:56 pm

https://www.newsarama.com/38808-netflix-s-punisher-recruits-supergirl-s-maggie-sawyer-actor-two-others.html

Netflix's Punisher has hired Floriana Lima, Josh Stewart, and Giorgia Whigham as regulars ahead of its second season, according to Deadline.

Genre fans will remember Lima as she played Maggie Sawyer in the CW's Supergirl recently. In Punisher, Lima will play Krista Dumont - "a smart, compassionate, and driven psychotherapist for military veterans."

Does that mean Maggie's leaving?

(Or, more accurately, isn't coming back after the breakup?)

Yay!

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:05 pm

HNutz wrote:https://www.newsarama.com/38808-netflix-s-punisher-recruits-supergirl-s-maggie-sawyer-actor-two-others.html

Yay!

Maybe the cw wants Kara to hook up with her sister, they're just adopted. When the whole world says It can't get any worse, cw says hold my beer. :lol:

StrongStyleFiction

cheese

Postby StrongStyleFiction » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:13 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Maybe the cw wants Kara to hook up with her sister, they're just adopted. When the whole world says It can't get any worse, cw says hold my beer. :lol:

Flash did marry the girl he was raised with on another CW show...so...its possible...I guess... :smt102

Johnnie Torch

cheese

Postby Johnnie Torch » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:43 pm

HNutz wrote:https://www.newsarama.com/38808-netflix-s-punisher-recruits-supergirl-s-maggie-sawyer-actor-two-others.html

Yay!

But lets be real. Every plotline with Alex next season will continue to revolve around her struggle to move on after Maggie and the greatest love affair the world had ever seen throughout the ages... :roll:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Looks like it comes back April 16.

Starting with... Toyman's funeral.

:(

Would rather have Legends of Tomorrow... :(

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 pm

Yeah, now I know april 16 is going to end shitty

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 am

Holy crap, they're doing it. It's about time CW ! Promo shots of Mon-El's outfit from the April 23 episode. :smt023
"In Search of Lost Time"

"When Myr'nn (guest-star Carl Lumbly) inadvertently causes psychic disturbances at the DEO, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) must work with J'onn (David Harewood) to contain the resulting chaos. Meanwhile, Mon-El (Chris Wood) begins training Kara in fighting techniques he's learned in the future for battling Worldkillers."

leave a comment with facebook