Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not ComicsAlliance!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl Season Three

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Holy crap, they're doing it. It's about time CW ! Promo shots of Mon-El's outfit from the April 23 episode. :smt023

Um...er....those future fighting techniques he's learned for fighting worldkillers so far seem to mainly consist of getting knocked out quickly and missing the rest of the fight....

She already seems to have that part down pretty well, I don't think she needs any more training in that, Mon-Useless ex....

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:09 pm

So, everyone singing karaoke isn't the worst way to start off an episode...

... until Wynn finds out his dad died. :(

Oh, look, Wynn's mom is Aunt Jackie/Sheldon's mom! 8)

Anyhow, she says that she was protecting Wynn by staying away. That his dad threatened HIM (not her) if she ever came around.

Oh, and flying monkeys (drones?) skywrote a message to her.

Awww... Looks like J'onn's dad has Martian Alzheimer's. :(

Mom told Wynn how she was his apprentice at the toy shop and how their trip to Disneyland was really a trip to a domestic violence shelter.

Then she stole some evidence and a gun and went to confront someone (the "new Toyman"/"Toywoman"?), who got the drop on her.

Mon-El, Wynn, Supergirl and Jimmy (who, for some reason is NOT in costume) confronted her and Wynn wound up beating her in the end.

Mon-El told Supergirl that the REAL reason they were there was that the third WorldKiller becomes the Blight in 1000 years.

And Daddy J'onn talked to J'onn.

Jimmy has been trying to get a hold of Lena, who's trying to help what'sherface.

(I'm assuming she's trying to help...)

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:42 am

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:02 am

Decent episode. Far from the worst, no huge nits to pick, but also not the best either. It was fine, but it lacked that je ne sais quoi that would elevate it to among the very best of the series' episodes.

What it did was probably pretty necessary at this point; re-establish Jimmy and Winn, who were both in danger or sinking out of sight. OTOH, it did so at the expense of taking a break in the overall story arc. Not sure as I mentioned how I'd have handled this one if it were on me.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:12 am

A little surprised that Jimmy seems to have totally abandoned his Guardian costume, even when going out to fight a bad guy beside Supergirl.

Also, it was weird seeing the "remote controlled toys as bombs" trick not too long after Gotham had their Mad Bomber use a similar tactic.

Still... I liked the episode.

Glaeken

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glaeken » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:36 am

The classic family moment. 8)

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:25 pm

There's a pretty well-concealed reference in this episode. Basically, remember that yellow-and-black harlequin-looking Toyman from Super Friends? That guy was based on a different Toyman who had replaced Winslow Schott in the comics at the time, a fellow named Jack Nimball. (Because comics are very subtle.) Now, Schott Sr.'s would-be avenger didn't wear a harlequin outfit, but she did have a name tag that read "Jacqueline." One quick IMDB search later, and yep. Jacqueline Nimball is the credited role.

I admit I have a thing for recurring villains, so killing off people like original-recipe Toyman or Parasite or Livewire doesn't make me super-thrilled with a show. (And, sorry, I'm just not into Reign.) But this made me feel a little better about it.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:26 pm

I don't believe he's dead

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:44 pm

HNutz wrote:A little surprised that Jimmy seems to have totally abandoned his Guardian costume, even when going out to fight a bad guy beside Supergirl.

I'm glad Jimmy is giving up being the Guardian. It was a stupid idea to begin with. Not every supporting character needs to become a kickass costumed fighter with never-before-seen fighting skills.
These DEO background agents however seem to be more adept at running around like terrified Japanese citizens during a Godzilla attack. Good thing they had Supergirl, a Daxamite boy toy and that CatCo photographer turned CEO there to stop the flying monkeys with their slow-mo Ninja poses.

Alex Danvers continues to be shoe-horned in to the emotional secondary plots to keep her relevant.

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:36 am

Maybe if J'onn's dad has enough issues with his memory he'll revert back to being M.A.N.T.I.S. & show these folks how to do it right :)

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:52 am

Bianco wrote:Maybe if J'onn's dad has enough issues with his memory he'll revert back to being M.A.N.T.I.S. & show these folks how to do it right :)

OMG, I didnt realize that. :shock:

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 am

Bianco wrote:Maybe if J'onn's dad has enough issues with his memory he'll revert back to being M.A.N.T.I.S. & show these folks how to do it right :)

As long as he regresses back to Alias' Marcus Dixon on the way. 8)

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:35 am

HNutz wrote:
As long as he regresses back to Alias' Marcus Dixon on the way. 8)

Well as long as he brings Alias' Jack Bristow with him

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:24 am

That was all I could think of when I saw him out there. But it would be too awesome, and therefore CW won't do it. :P That said, there's probably rights issues...

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:10 pm

I didn't even realize that was the same actor until you mentioned it now.

leave a comment with facebook