Sunday, August 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl Season Three

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:56 am

Meh, I really liked the Gates/Igle run.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:40 pm

Chessack wrote:.. So -- Am I gonna HATE all the stuff they are doing next season. 100%. You bet. Am I gonna stop watching? Probably not. After all, I hate the Supergirl comic but I still buy it every month. I have a collection to maintain!

But probably like this year I will DVR the episodes and wait until I am on a vacation or something to watch them, when I am bored and have nothing else to do. Unless our podcast catches up to the current season and then I will have no choice but to watch it as it comes out. Fortunately we're 3 years behind so we won't catch up that fast. ;)

Random observation: perhaps if you stopped maintaining this Collection Of Hatred you might stop being so pessimistic and unhappy all the time. Even a "die hard" fan knows when it's time to take a break and focus elsewhere.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:18 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Random observation: perhaps if you stopped maintaining this Collection Of Hatred you might stop being so pessimistic and unhappy all the time. Even a "die hard" fan knows when it's time to take a break and focus elsewhere.

Not me, I run on hated, nothing more.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:

Seriously. You'll be hard-pressed to find a bigger Dick Grayson fan than me and even I dropped Nightwing for a while during the Bruce Jones nonsense and again now. Sometimes completion just ain't worth it.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 pm

achilles wrote:Never read any Power Girl stuff, I take it...

No, but since Power Girl is (sort of) an alternate version of Supergirl, it would not surprise me to learn that she's received pretty bad treatment too.

As for why I keep the collection going. It's a collection. I like the character. I started collecting the things when it wasn't all that bad. The early stuff (Adventure, Action) is good. Superman Family might be OK - that's the one part I don't have yet.

But given that I have (across 7 series) 245 Supergirl comics in a row (10 +23 + 4 + 81 + 67 + 40 + 20), I'm not going to stop now.

I'm just not going to fool myself into expecting something that DC seems unable to produce.

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:21 pm

Bianco wrote:
The actor probably keeps looking at the scripts and is trying to politely bow out not wanting to be a part of this garbage

I don't blame him, other than the season premiere and crossover i won't watch much of SG unless it improves

The actor is already doing some other jobs. He voices Varian in Tangled The Series and is experience in boardway. But being part of Disney alone for voice over work is pretty efficient career.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:13 pm

YES. Tonight, this season dies. :drunk

Let us all hope that next season is better.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:48 pm

TheLurker wrote:YES. Tonight, this season dies. :drunk

Let us all hope that next season is better.

In the immortal words of James Wood's character in John Carpenter's Vampire Slayers: "Die motherf*cker, die, die die!".

Let's hope this season dies a violent, bloody death, and is launched into the cleansing fire of the sun.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 pm

So violent. :shock:

I agree.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Ummmmm, monitors DO NOT start on fire.

World catastrophe!! Let's get Superman to help. OR NOT!!!

The Martian Manhunter has been shown to be 90-95% as strong as Superman. Here? Weaker by the episode.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Not sure i give a shit, but i will let you know if i watch.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm

This is just getting worse.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:18 pm

In just one scene Alura is already the action hero they keep wanting us to believe that Alex is. :roll:

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:22 pm

achilles wrote:
Not me, I run on hated, nothing more.

Your sphincter must be like a vice grip. :P

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Alex: "woe is me. The entire world is under attack. But ME, ME, ME."

leave a comment with facebook