Monday, August 20, 2018 • Evening Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Supergirl Season Three

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:38 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
That scene was probably the best acting we have seen from Chris Wood since he came on the show.

Because it's not suitable the way it is. Selena blamed Alura for the death of Krypton. The whole point of the Dark Kryptonians was that they wanted to make a new Krypton so they wanted to remake/reboot Earth into the image of their former world.

Except it was suitable. Far more suitable than Krypton, since they all had superpowers. Also, the way they were Kryptoforming, they'd have had a barren world with no plants of animals....or cities.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Yes, they did have powers on Earth. That's why they wanted this planet. But Earth isn't Krypton. Why go through the bother of having to destroy all those cities around the globe when global cataclysms can do that for you? They had planned on literally rebuilding a planet in the image of Krypton.

Pay attention ! :lol:

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:17 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Yes, they did have powers on Earth. That's why they wanted this planet. But Earth isn't Krypton. Why go through the bother of having to destroy all those cities around the globe when global cataclysms can do that for you? They had planned on literally rebuilding a planet in the image of Krypton.

Pay attention ! :lol:

But if they had planned on doing that, then they wanted to build a planet where they had no powers....pay attention! :wink: And how are a few people going to build a planet's worth of Kryptonian style buildings? Unless they use magic crystals, in which case, they don't need to Kryptoform the planet. They didn't even have the MoS excuse, whereby they'd be momentarily uncomfortable, (for like a few minutes), before they gained their full powers.

No, they wanted to Kryptoform the planet because the were.....EVIL, even if it made no sense.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:35 pm

achilles wrote:
But if they had planned on doing that, then they wanted to build a planet where they had no powers....pay attention! :wink: And how are a few people going to build a planet's worth of Kryptonian style buildings? Unless they use magic crystals, in which case, they don't need to Kryptoform the planet. They didn't even have the MoS excuse, whereby they'd be momentarily uncomfortable, (for like a few minutes), before they gained their full powers.

No, they wanted to Kryptoform the planet because the were.....EVIL, even if it made no sense.

Oh it made sense. They didn't want a bunch of cockroaches running around their planet, They weren't going to destroy the sun. Evil wants to have it's cake and eat it's superman powerset too. I mean with dominators and shit, wouldn't you?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:47 am

So... 30 seconds in and Guardian unmasked himself to calm down a random woman and "Superman just saved Madagascar".

Okay...

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Boy, time travel seems like an easy fix when a battle goes wrong...

"I'm gonna quit."
"Nuh uh. I'm quitting first! You gotta stay and be in charge! No more surfing 'Buy A Baby' websites at the office!"

So Mon-El AND Winn went to the future, Brainy stayed behind, J'onn quit the DEO (and appointed the about-to-quit Alex in his place), I guess Superman stayed in Madagascar, what'shername disappeared, Olsen admitted he was Guardian, Lena is up to something maybe, and an "Evil Supergirl" appeared...

Wait, didn't last season ALSO end with Mon-El leaving and an "evil" Kryptonian woman appearing?

Huh.

I don't know. It felt almost like a possible series ender.

It was alright, I guess.

But I felt like rewinding time to fight and imprison Reign was a bit of a cheat.

Might be interesting to see what happens with Olsen, now that he admitted his secret. Wonder how Morgan Edge will take that? And I guess Brainy or somebody is going to have to fix his gear when it gets broken.

Wish Alex had gone instead of J'onn, Winn or Mon-El. (What, is that too many guys for a female led superhero show on Sunday nights that's preceeding the new Charmed reboot?)

So much for J'onn's "no more guns" initiative that he brought up... Maybe.

Guess we'll see how the next one goes.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:39 am

SporkBot wrote:
Red Son Supergirl.

...so...Red Daughter.

Red Daughter?

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:29 am

Since i cant find the legends thread on my phone

Courtney Ford has been upped to series regular for Legends of Tomorrow season 4. Ford made her proper Arrowverse debut in the Legends of Tomorrow season 3 episode, 'Return of the Mack', though it wasn't altogether clear who her character was at first. It turned out she was Nora Darhk, daughter of Damien, whom the Legends had only just defeated in season 2.

Deadline reports that Ford has been upped to series regular status for Legends of Tomorrow season 4. Other new series regulars this season include Constantine actor Matt Ryan and Jes Macallan (who plays Sara Lance's girlfriend and head of the Time Bureau, Ava Sharpe). Ford is also married in real life to Brandon Routh

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:46 pm

So let me see...

Next season will have:

Supergirl, who assaults bouncers that are just doing their job under the guise of "girl power"
Alex, who was usually with a drink in her hand, talking about the "new girl" in her life or looking at "Buy A Kid" websites.
An "Evil" Kryptonian woman (again)
a "guy who thinks he's a woman"
Lena Luthor, Supergirl's former friend who got tired of her unreasonable demands regarding Kryptonite.
James, the (former?) Guardian and Lena's boyfriend.
Brainiac, the alien smart guy who's replacing Winn, the socially awkward smart guy.

...huh.

TheLurker

rubber spoon

Postby TheLurker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:50 pm

OMG. In some sort of publicity stunt they have Penn and Teller coming on to tonight's episode. It even sounds like Supergirl doesn't even appear tonight. WTF. Could this season get any longer???

Yes. I know. That is the joke. :lol:

Bianco

rubber spoon

Postby Bianco » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:56 pm

TheLurker wrote:OMG. In some sort of publicity stunt they have Penn and Teller coming on to tonight's episode. It even sounds like Supergirl doesn't even appear tonight. WTF. Could this season get any longer???

Yes. I know. That is the joke. :lol:

Already sounds better than most of the other episodes :)

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:13 pm

I think my favorite character arc this season was Jeremiah Danvers.

achilles

Rain Partier

Postby achilles » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:23 pm

HNutz wrote:So let me see...

Next season will have:

Supergirl, who assaults bouncers that are just doing their job under the guise of "girl power"
Alex, who was usually with a drink in her hand, talking about the "new girl" in her life or looking at "Buy A Kid" websites.
An "Evil" Kryptonian woman (again)
a "guy who thinks he's a woman"
Lena Luthor, Supergirl's former friend who got tired of her unreasonable demands regarding Kryptonite.
James, the (former?) Guardian and Lena's boyfriend.
Brainiac, the alien smart guy who's replacing Winn, the socially awkward smart guy.

...huh.

That about covers it.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:50 pm

I was away for the last couple of weeks so I just saw the finale tonight. It was a rushed mess, IMO.

The Reign mechanic still makes no sense to me. Can someone please explain how it is that Sam can turn into Reign both psychologically and genetically, and then back again, and then forth, and back and forth? And how, while her body is sitting in the DEO, she can drink magic water in the nether-world and it turns her body at the DEO super, but only long enough to beat Reign, and then she's back to normal human DNA? I really don't understand how this mechanic worked at all.

SporkBot

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby SporkBot » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:29 pm

I also thought Reign was supposed to get weaker as Sam got stronger...but that didn't happen at all.

Also, no rage from Kara about Alex using K-weaponry on the Krypto-Witches. Not that they were as effective as you'd think they'd be.

leave a comment with facebook