Advertisement

My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 760 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: My Take On Agents Of SHIELD

Postby Grayson » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:20 pm

I stopped paying attention to this thread 2 or 3 pages in...ever since I have been trying to figure out a foolproof way to blindside Syxx and steal his Outhouse Championship belt...

...hope I didn't just say that outloud. :?
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Draco x wrote:
And what ideas or improvements do you have to get one up over me then? Oh wait you don't have any do you? It's easy to criticize someone who has an idea who you may not like rather than think up some of your own? At least Strict, Cat, Hnutz, Simian, etc have done that here.

I don't because I actually watch and enjoy the show. :lol:

The ideas you pitched would never work in the universe they've set up. (what the hell is Moon Knight doing as a shield agent?) and comparing GI Joe and SHIELD means that you don't have any idea what SHIELD is dude. :smt005

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:39 pm

Ways to improve the actual show:

Have Wards parentage to be revealed to be connected to one of the Howling Commando's. It's obvious that someone he is related to is known in the movieverse from what was teased early on so that would make sense.

Skye's real name is Jessica Drew, would react why most men automatically treat her as if they want to protect or fall in love with her as well as just why Shield would want to keep her past a mystery.

DO NOT MAKE COULSON AN LMD - Because that above all else really doesn't serve anything other than fanboys going "I told you so"

Also in season 2, help prepare and tease the netflix shows to get people prepared. Have Murdock appear in a court room at one point, have Coulson mention Jones was originally a possible SHIELD recruit.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 252 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:55 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
1. I said no one cares about your opinion. No one cares about that portion. People are responding to your lunacy, not your opinions, because you're trying to improve something you haven't seen. The solution is watch an episode on Hulu and then come up with ways to improve it.

2. I haven't seen the show. It would be stupid of me to try and come of with ways to improve a show I've never seen.

1. Doesn't matter what reasons you have for responding as you still take the time and energy to comment on my posts. If what I say is so problematic then why not ignore or just not comments? You can come up with whatever excuses you want but all of you are helping to keep this thread alive.

2. I may not have seen the show but I have read the comics which the show is based on so that gives me some right to make some input. No dice.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 232 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Draco x wrote:
1. Doesn't matter what reasons you have for responding as you still take the time and energy to comment on my posts. If what I say is so problematic then why not ignore or just not comments? You can come up with whatever excuses you want but all of you are helping to keep this thread alive.

2. I may not have seen the show but I have read the comics which the show is based on so that gives me some right to make some input. No dice.

Which comics have you read? I'm not trolling, I'm honestly asking, because I can't think of any SHIELD books that would make one think SHIELD was supposed to be Marvel's GI Joe...

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:58 pm

doombug wrote:Ways to improve the actual show:

Have Wards parentage to be revealed to be connected to one of the Howling Commando's. It's obvious that someone he is related to is known in the movieverse from what was teased early on so that would make sense.

Skye's real name is Jessica Drew, would react why most men automatically treat her as if they want to protect or fall in love with her as well as just why Shield would want to keep her past a mystery.

DO NOT MAKE COULSON AN LMD - Because that above all else really doesn't serve anything other than fanboys going "I told you so"

Also in season 2, help prepare and tease the netflix shows to get people prepared. Have Murdock appear in a court room at one point, have Coulson mention Jones was originally a possible SHIELD recruit.

Thanks. Was that so hard? These are good ideas that I like by the way.

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 232 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:59 pm

doombug wrote:

That is possibly the best single idea for this show I've seen in ANY thread.

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Which comics have you read? I'm not trolling, I'm honestly asking, because I can't think of any SHIELD books that would make one think SHIELD was supposed to be Marvel's GI Joe...

The connection is basically that the idea for the original GI Joe cartoon was supposed to the SHIELD agents fighting against Hydra, which Larry Hama had proposed to Marvel. However, Marvel rejected the idea so he renamed the concept GI Joe and Hydra got reworked as Cobra.

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 272 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Frankly, you guys would rag on him whether he watched the show or not. You all are just latching onto the fact that he hasn't seen it as justification for jokes.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:02 pm

doombug wrote:I don't because I actually watch and enjoy the show. :lol:

The ideas you pitched would never work in the universe they've set up. (what the hell is Moon Knight doing as a shield agent?) and comparing GI Joe and SHIELD means that you don't have any idea what SHIELD is dude. :smt005

If you read the idea for what the concept of the original GI Joe cartoon in the 80's, you'll see the connection.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Herald wrote:Frankly, you guys would rag on him whether he watched the show or not. You all are just latching onto the fact that he hasn't seen it as justification for jokes.

This coming from the guy who constantly criticizes things that he doesn't read or watch... :P
ImageImageImage

Herald
biny little tird

Liked in: 272 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Grayson wrote:
This coming from the guy who constantly criticizes things that he doesn't read or watch... :P

Thank you for further demonstrating my point. You're not interested in a solid conversation, just a reason for jokes.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Agents of W.A.L.K.I.N.G. D.E.A.D.
Agents of J.O.N. H.A.M.M.
Agents of N.A.M.B.L.A.
Agents of T.H.E. D.A.I.L.Y. S.H.O.W. w.i.t.h. J.O.N. S.T.E.W.A.R.T.
Agents of S.H.A.R.K. T.A.N.K.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Herald wrote:Thank you for further demonstrating my point.

That's not a very good point to make and besides that, at least Draco is trying to be constructive about his criticism.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Herald wrote:Frankly, you guys would rag on him whether he watched the show or not. You all are just latching onto the fact that he hasn't seen it as justification for jokes.

Thanks much, Herald. It's basically more the fact that some here have made up their minds that my ideas suck from the get-goand refuse to move beyond their biases-And I do agree that even if I had seen the show, my ideas would have still been shot down. The only arguments I keep hearing for the most part are how my opinions suck or how the fact that I haven't seen the show makes my spin irrelevant-never mind the fact that I have read the comics and have done online research on SHIELD. However I do appreciate the fact that some here have actually gotten the point and have explained what their ideas would be instead. That's all I was asking for from the get-go instead of the useless complaining.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum