Advertisement

The 5th Week of the 2008 College Football Season

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 0 post

Postby D » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:23 pm

GratefulFred wrote:The last Georgia touchdown was garbage points.
I guess. What I'm thinking is Bama is a running team right? Obviously a big lead at the half is good for any team, but for Bama it's the perfect, ideal situation in which to run their offense. Yet they only managed to get a quarter of their points in the second half of the game. On the other end, obviously a big deficit is the last thing any teams wants going into the 2nd half, but it's especially bad for Georgia. They're a running team and their O Line is terrible when they half to protect while the deep play develops. Georgia loses Moreno and they're forced to go for the big plays. Yet they manage to get their season average in points in two quarters of football. Surely this means something for both teams. Isn't Bama supposed to have a problem with putting teams away?
Dragon

Advertisement

D
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby D » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:26 pm

C20Percent wrote: It was never very competitive -- I never thought Georgia was in this game.
That is a good point.
Don't know about that block in the back though.
Dragon

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:07 am

chap22 wrote:i think USC, Oklahoma, and LSU are more talented, but i think Bama's better coached than all 3 (and God i hate admitting that) and would probably beat Oklahoma head-to-head but would need significant + turnover margins to beat the other two (sorry Sooner fans, i just ain't sold on them yet, and won't be until i see them beat a good defensive team for the first time in 5 years or so...)

Well, *everyone*(with the exception of UT) are better coached than LSU. How Miles continues to succeed despite doing 3-4 monumentally stupid things every freakin' game is beyond me. Well, no, that's not true. I do know how. They're ridiculously talented. But still.....

As for Oklahoma, I think they really are that good. I know TCU isn't from a major conference, but they're really not a bad team, and their defense is their strength. Oklahoma made them look like a bunch of high schoolers.

GratefulFred
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby GratefulFred » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:34 am

I think it's time we all admit to ourselves that Miles might not be that bad of a coach.

I'll be on campus Saturday at 8:00am to tailgate for a 7:00pm kickoff because my girlfriend is taking her LSAT. I am going to get obliterated.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:00 am

Miles is a the Mike Shanahan of college football.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 am

GratefulFred wrote:I think it's time we all admit to ourselves that Miles might not be that bad of a coach.

I think he's got to be some kind of genius Sunday through Friday, but on Saturday he does some absolutely idiotic things, and his teams always have about 3-4 really dumb penalties in any given game. It's amazing they're talented enough to overcome it, but they are.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 am

Miles is a complete enigma to me. about 5 times per game i have to stop and ask myself is he a mad genius, or just a complete idiot who is blessed with ridiculous talent?

b/c i'll admit, some of his decisions that at first glance look bone-headed are really actually pretty damn good ideas (i.e., the 3rd quarter onside kick against Auburn; they got no points out of it, but that doesn't mean it was a bad idea; it completely got into Tubby and that team's collective gourd when they realized this WASN'T gonna be a 7-6 game and their offense was going to have to produce, and i'm thoroughly convinced that NOBODY at Auburn has faith that that offense can produce).

and it ain't like no other coach makes some serious boners during a game. i've seen Saban lose just as many, if not more, "shouldn't lose" games due to brain-farts as Miles has.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm

chap22 wrote:Miles is a complete enigma to me. about 5 times per game i have to stop and ask myself is he a mad genius, or just a complete idiot who is blessed with ridiculous talent?

A little bit of mad genius and a whole lot of ridiculous talent.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Congrats to Paterno for figuring out that the Spread offense is just the wishbone where the receiver plays the old TB role, and the RB plays the old FB role.

You know the old man is happy as a pig in shit to be able to run the ball 50 times a game.

They're sleepwalking through this game and still winning. If Royster and Williams hadn't fallen down 2-3 times for no reason this game would be much uglier.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Kansas, what the fuck?

Did Seneca Wallace sneak back on the team, or did you guys decide to play the third stringers from the start of the game?

Seriously, get your shit together or you guys are going to get upset.

Fenway
cheese

Title: Girl Next Door

Postby Fenway » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:13 pm

As much as I'm hoping for a miracle a la last year's LSU game, I highly doubt that we'll have a repeat against 'Bama.
Read My Blog: http://justanotherwannabeclassic.tumblr.com/

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Fenway wrote:As much as I'm hoping for a miracle a la last year's LSU game, I highly doubt that we'll have a repeat against 'Bama.

Saban is due for a letdown against inferior competition at some point. It's what happens almost every year for his teams.

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:40 pm

Kansas must have an Outhouse member, as they headed my advise and have scored twice to cut the lead to 20-14 to start the second half.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Iowa just went for it on 4th and 1 from the Michigan St. 20 with 2 min left and no timeouts in a 16-13 game.

They lost 3 yards...and the game.

Seriously, WTF?

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:59 pm

twoheads wrote:Iowa just went for it on 4th and 1 from the Michigan St. 20 with 2 min left and no timeouts in a 16-13 game.

They lost 3 yards...and the game.

Seriously, WTF?

Who can't kick a 36 yard FG?

Plus shouldn't you try something like a sneak that means you can't lose yards if you are going to go for it?

That sounds like a really dumb call.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum