Advertisement

The 5th Week of the 2008 College Football Season

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 21435
Likes: 31 posts
Liked in: 171 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 pm
Location: Missi-by God-ssippi, a.k.a. Chapveria
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon


Postby chap22 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:09 pm

Fenway wrote:As much as I'm hoping for a miracle a la last year's LSU game, I highly doubt that we'll have a repeat against 'Bama.


their RBs are gashing y'all like you weren't there so far. methinks this is the game where we really learn how good (or not) the Cats' D is. and i'm pretty sure we KNOW how bad your offense is...i see this being a laugher by the 4th quarter.
Image
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Advertisement

Fenway
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1559
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 pm
Title: Girl Next Door


Postby Fenway » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:15 pm

chap22 wrote:their RBs are gashing y'all like you weren't there so far. methinks this is the game where we really learn how good (or not) the Cats' D is. and i'm pretty sure we KNOW how bad your offense is...i see this being a laugher by the 4th quarter.


Yep. I agree.

I'm still wondering why Hartline is our QB. Cobb was way better. Then he got hurt b/c he was playing RB, because Joker thinks that we shouldn't kill Hartline's confidence.

zombiemichaeljackson
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6770
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:56 pm


Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Fenway wrote:Yep. I agree.

I'm still wondering why Hartline is our QB. Cobb was way better. Then he got hurt b/c he was playing RB, because Joker thinks that we shouldn't kill Hartline's confidence.


You'd prefer to go back to the days before Brooks then? :wink:

Fenway
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1559
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 pm
Title: Girl Next Door


Postby Fenway » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Well, 14-0 isn't awful. It certainly isn't 31-0.

twoheads wrote:You'd prefer to go back to the days before Brooks then? :wink:


No, I'd just prefer it to be basketball season.

rdrsfn82
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 32360
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 am
Location: Reno, NV


Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:25 pm

Kentucky can still come back, but they need to do something on offense at some point. Holding Alabama to 14 in the first half isn't that bad of a performance, especially considering they didn't let them do too much late in the half. The defense played pretty well in the second quarter.
Image

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Duke is better, but still another year away. Cutcliffe is a damn good coach.

zombiemichaeljackson
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6770
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:56 pm


Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Team Maverick! wrote:Duke is better, but still another year away. Cutcliffe is a damn good coach.


Yes he is. I'm still pissed that TN drove him away.

Twice.

rdrsfn82
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 32360
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 am
Location: Reno, NV


Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Team Maverick! wrote:Duke is better, but still another year away. Cutcliffe is a damn good coach.


There's a good chance Duke and North Carolina could compete for the ACC title in football next year or the year after.

That seems like a sign of the apocalypse.
Image

superfictious
User avatar
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa
 
Posts: 10399
Likes: 86 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com


Postby superfictious » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:35 pm

twoheads wrote:Yes he is. I'm still pissed that TN drove him away.

Twice.


You think UT is bad? Ole Miss fired him after he became the most successful coach in their history. Who knew the team would struggle when Eli Manning, the #1 pick in the draft, was gone?



:roll:

Fenway
User avatar
cheese
 
Posts: 1559
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 pm
Title: Girl Next Door


Postby Fenway » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:36 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:Kentucky can still come back, but they need to do something on offense at some point. Holding Alabama to 14 in the first half isn't that bad of a performance, especially considering they didn't let them do too much late in the half. The defense played pretty well in the second quarter.


That would require, as you said, for our offense to actually do something. I have zero faith. I miss our seniors....

I have no problems with our defense. They've only given up 7 pts to Bama. They've done amazingly well.

rdrsfn82
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 32360
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 am
Location: Reno, NV


Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Fenway wrote:That would require, as you said, for our offense to actually do something. I have zero faith. I miss our seniors....

I have no problems with our defense. They've only given up 7 pts to Bama. They've done amazingly well.


Yeah that last possession really showed there's not much reason to have faith.
Image

zombiemichaeljackson
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6770
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:56 pm


Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:11 pm

Alabama can't defend an inside screen.

Good to know.

rdrsfn82
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 32360
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 am
Location: Reno, NV


Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:13 pm

twoheads wrote:Alabama can't defend an inside screen.

Good to know.


My previous comments may have been spoken too soon.
Image

zombiemichaeljackson
User avatar
rubber spoon
 
Posts: 6770
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:56 pm


Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:16 pm

rdrsfn82 wrote:My previous comments may have been spoken too soon.


If Kentucky can get enough time to throw the post should be wide open on this next series.

rdrsfn82
User avatar
Wrasslin' Fan
 
Posts: 32360
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 6 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:46 am
Location: Reno, NV


Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:18 pm

twoheads wrote:If Kentucky can get enough time to throw the post should be wide open on this next series.


Agreed. Although on 3rd and 9 it may not be there. OR it will be on a perfect pass while I typed this. Either way. :P
Image

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests

Advertisement