Monday, October 15, 2018 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Do you want $5 in Vudu credit? The process takes maybe five minutes.

Go to https://www.prevacid24hr.com/perks/Logout.aspx

Sign up with your email and other info. They will send you an email to activate your account.

Once you login, on the right side, "fill up your pill," starting with UPC 30067-6286-143, and then read a couple articles or take a survey.

Claim your Vudu reward as your perk. They say within 24 hours you will receive your code.

hellmutt

Post Whore

Postby hellmutt » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:55 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Do you want $5 in Vudu credit? The process takes maybe five minutes.

Go to https://www.prevacid24hr.com/perks/Logout.aspx

Sign up with your email and other info. They will send you an email to activate your account.

Once you login, on the right side, "fill up your pill," starting with UPC 30067-6286-143, and then read a couple articles or take a survey.

Claim your Vudu reward as your perk. They say within 24 hours you will receive your code.

I redeemed that yesterday or the day before but didn't get the $5 yet. I'll come back and let you guys know if it comes in...

theDevilman

dINGO

Postby theDevilman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Do you want $5 in Vudu credit? The process takes maybe five minutes.

<--snip-->

Forget it. Just had to clear my cookies. :)

sillylitlelamb

Garbage Collector

Postby sillylitlelamb » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:47 pm

What the hell?

Unfortunately you are not eligible to receive a Prevacid®24HR Perk.
Please call us at 1-888-433-7707 if you have any questions.

LivingDeadGrl

cheese

Postby LivingDeadGrl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 pm

Penny Dreadful season 1 due out Decemeber 31st!!!

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:17 pm

LivingDeadGrl wrote:Penny Dreadful season 1 due out Decemeber 31st!!!

It's actually due out October 7th. The same day Hemlock Grove season 1, Bates Motel season 2 and American Horror Story: Coven come out. It'll be an expensive day for me.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:21 pm

sillylitlelamb wrote:What the hell?

Unfortunately you are not eligible to receive a Prevacid®24HR Perk.
Please call us at 1-888-433-7707 if you have any questions.

Try putting in your real email address and info and see what happens. :P

LivingDeadGrl

cheese

Postby LivingDeadGrl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:13 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:It's actually due out October 7th. The same day Hemlock Grove season 1, Bates Motel season 2 and American Horror Story: Coven come out. It'll be an expensive day for me.

Huh.... Wal-Mart had it posted for December. Either way hoping to snag it up! Well.... after it comes down on the price maybe......................

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:20 pm

LivingDeadGrl wrote:Huh.... Wal-Mart had it posted for December. Either way hoping to snag it up! Well.... after it comes down on the price maybe......................

Walmart is wrong. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Penny-Dreadful-Season-One-Blu-ray/103368/
It makes more sense to put it out around Halloween instead of Christmas. Walmart is probably just using a placeholder release date. The release was just announced yesterday.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:24 pm

LivingDeadGrl wrote:Penny Dreadful season 1 due out Decemeber 31st!!!

I'm currently watching Penny Dreadful and I'm enjoying it a lot.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Arion wrote:
I'm currently watching Penny Dreadful and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Posting at the Outhouse and watching TV at the same time is hazardous to one's health.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:20 am

I just got in my two $5 Vudu credits from that promo. It was almost exactly 24 hours.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:43 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I just got in my two $5 Vudu credits from that promo. It was almost exactly 24 hours.

I can't do this from the iPad. Something about cookies or popups or something. I will crank up the old laptop to try it there. Thanks for the heads up. :smt006

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:53 am

Researchers Share Disc, Digital Stats at LAES

“We’re at a critical juncture with home entertainment,” agreed Justin Bailey, director of entertainment industry analysis for The NPD Group. So far digital isn’t making up for the declines in physical sales, he said, and part of the problem is awareness of digital sellthrough. According to NPD, 8% of iTunes users have made an EST video purchase. That compares with 70% who’ve paid for music on iTunes in the last year.

UltraViolet, the buy-once-play-anywhere digital cloud service backed by most of the major studios, has been embraced by only 7% of consumers in the United States, Bailey said. “It’s just not getting awareness yet,” he added.

But it’s not all doom and gloom: Those who have caught on to UltraViolet turn out to be major home entertainment consumers, both before and after they sign on. According to NPD data, UltraViolet users (who are 73% male) buy an average of 10 Blu-rays a year, and while 55% of them had never made an EST purchase before signing up, 51% said they made an EST purchase afterwards.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:00 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Researchers Share Disc, Digital Stats at LAES

“We’re at a critical juncture with home entertainment,” agreed Justin Bailey, director of entertainment industry analysis for The NPD Group. So far digital isn’t making up for the declines in physical sales, he said, and part of the problem is awareness of digital sellthrough. According to NPD, 8% of iTunes users have made an EST video purchase. That compares with 70% who’ve paid for music on iTunes in the last year.

UltraViolet, the buy-once-play-anywhere digital cloud service backed by most of the major studios, has been embraced by only 7% of consumers in the United States, Bailey said. “It’s just not getting awareness yet,” he added.

But it’s not all doom and gloom: Those who have caught on to UltraViolet turn out to be major home entertainment consumers, both before and after they sign on. According to NPD data, UltraViolet users (who are 73% male) buy an average of 10 Blu-rays a year, and while 55% of them had never made an EST purchase before signing up, 51% said they made an EST purchase afterwards.

Interesting. That backs up the idea that if you hang out with a particular crowd, it can influence your judgment. I would have assumed digital was waaaaay bigger. If this is true, then hardly anyone does it. Interesting. Then there should be waaaaay more people in my life giving me their code slips. WhaddaIgottado? Carry a sign for them? Hmmmmph!

leave a comment with facebook