Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Liked in: 926 posts
Title: Unliving Legend
Formerly: GivePeaceAChance

Re: The All-New Movie codes thread.

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Arion wrote:
I'm currently watching Penny Dreadful and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Posting at the Outhouse and watching TV at the same time is hazardous to one's health.

theDevilman likes this post.

Advertisement

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:20 am

I just got in my two $5 Vudu credits from that promo. It was almost exactly 24 hours.

Sarahroo
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 219 posts

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:43 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I just got in my two $5 Vudu credits from that promo. It was almost exactly 24 hours.

I can't do this from the iPad. Something about cookies or popups or something. I will crank up the old laptop to try it there. Thanks for the heads up. :smt006

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:53 am

Researchers Share Disc, Digital Stats at LAES

“We’re at a critical juncture with home entertainment,” agreed Justin Bailey, director of entertainment industry analysis for The NPD Group. So far digital isn’t making up for the declines in physical sales, he said, and part of the problem is awareness of digital sellthrough. According to NPD, 8% of iTunes users have made an EST video purchase. That compares with 70% who’ve paid for music on iTunes in the last year.

UltraViolet, the buy-once-play-anywhere digital cloud service backed by most of the major studios, has been embraced by only 7% of consumers in the United States, Bailey said. “It’s just not getting awareness yet,” he added.

But it’s not all doom and gloom: Those who have caught on to UltraViolet turn out to be major home entertainment consumers, both before and after they sign on. According to NPD data, UltraViolet users (who are 73% male) buy an average of 10 Blu-rays a year, and while 55% of them had never made an EST purchase before signing up, 51% said they made an EST purchase afterwards.

Sarahroo
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:00 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Researchers Share Disc, Digital Stats at LAES

“We’re at a critical juncture with home entertainment,” agreed Justin Bailey, director of entertainment industry analysis for The NPD Group. So far digital isn’t making up for the declines in physical sales, he said, and part of the problem is awareness of digital sellthrough. According to NPD, 8% of iTunes users have made an EST video purchase. That compares with 70% who’ve paid for music on iTunes in the last year.

UltraViolet, the buy-once-play-anywhere digital cloud service backed by most of the major studios, has been embraced by only 7% of consumers in the United States, Bailey said. “It’s just not getting awareness yet,” he added.

But it’s not all doom and gloom: Those who have caught on to UltraViolet turn out to be major home entertainment consumers, both before and after they sign on. According to NPD data, UltraViolet users (who are 73% male) buy an average of 10 Blu-rays a year, and while 55% of them had never made an EST purchase before signing up, 51% said they made an EST purchase afterwards.

Interesting. That backs up the idea that if you hang out with a particular crowd, it can influence your judgment. I would have assumed digital was waaaaay bigger. If this is true, then hardly anyone does it. Interesting. Then there should be waaaaay more people in my life giving me their code slips. WhaddaIgottado? Carry a sign for them? Hmmmmph!

2 people like this post.

GiveWarAChance
FROGMAN

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:06 am

Sarahroo wrote:Interesting. That backs up the idea that if you hang out with a particular crowd, it can influence your judgment. I would have assumed digital was waaaaay bigger. If this is true, then hardly anyone does it. Interesting. Then there should be waaaaay more people in my life giving me their code slips. WhaddaIgottado? Carry a sign for them? Hmmmmph!

They would probably give you their code slips if you were a male. Ultraviolet users are all male. You have confused them.

theDevilman likes this post.

Sarahroo
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:08 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:They would probably give you their code slips if you were a male. Ultraviolet users are all male. You have confused them.

Dang it! That does explain it! Outta luck again! :smt061

hellmutt
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 21 posts

Postby hellmutt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:59 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I just got in my two $5 Vudu credits from that promo. It was almost exactly 24 hours.

Yah, I did get one in and it worked fine. I think I missed it in my inbox the first time.

LivingDeadGrl
cheese

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby LivingDeadGrl » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:38 pm

Anyone have a PlayStation membership????? I have a question

theflyingwaffle
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby theflyingwaffle » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:33 pm

So I wanna watch a good movie tonight, but I don't have the extra money to rent anything new. Any hidden treasures on netflix or amazon prime that are worth watching?

Sarahroo
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:52 pm

theflyingwaffle wrote:So I wanna watch a good movie tonight, but I don't have the extra money to rent anything new. Any hidden treasures on netflix or amazon prime that are worth watching?

I was trying to look through netflix....have you watched Odd Thomas?

theflyingwaffle
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby theflyingwaffle » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Sarahroo wrote:I was trying to look through netflix....have you watched Odd Thomas?

I have not. Is it any good?

carkey
cheese

Liked in: 41 posts

Postby carkey » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:32 pm

If you want a good laugh check out "The League". HILARIOUS!!!!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:24 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:They would probably give you their code slips if you were a male. Ultraviolet users are all male. You have confused them.

I'm all male!

GiveWarAChance wrote:Posting at the Outhouse and watching TV at the same time is hazardous to one's health.

Plus I can do both things at the same time.

hellmutt
Garbage Collector

Liked in: 21 posts

Postby hellmutt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:56 am

LivingDeadGrl wrote:Anyone have a PlayStation membership????? I have a question

yes, PS Plus...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum