Sunday, September 24, 2017 • Afternoon Edition • "The greatest comic book website."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:52 pm

My Marvel Netflix ranks.

1. Daredevil 2
2. Jessica Jones
3. Daredevil 1
4. The Defenders
5. Iron Fist
6. Luke Cage

Close one between Defenders and the first season of Daredevil. Luke Cage by far the worst. I didn't even like the villains or supporting cast on Luke Cage. Danny was annoying but I liked Colleen Wing and the baddies.

I liked how The Defenders setup Misty Knight to be more like the comic character and possibly setting up the relationship between the Daughters of the Dragon.

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:43 am

List time!

September wants/needs/maybes

Wonder Woman
It Comes at Night
The Mummy
2:22
Transformers: The Last Knight (first time i skipped a transformers movie in theaters. I'm just getting burned out on this nonsense)
The Big Sick
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
Beatriz at Dinner (haven't really heard of.....but that cast, ya know?)
47 Meters Down (or known in America as 154.199475 Feet Down)

Also, finished Defenders. I dug it. It was good and would watch again.

Sarahroo

phrase IV

Postby Sarahroo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:My Marvel Netflix ranks.

1. Daredevil 2
2. Jessica Jones
3. Daredevil 1
4. The Defenders
5. Iron Fist
6. Luke Cage

Close one between Defenders and the first season of Daredevil. Luke Cage by far the worst. I didn't even like the villains or supporting cast on Luke Cage. Danny was annoying but I liked Colleen Wing and the baddies.

I liked how The Defenders setup Misty Knight to be more like the comic character and possibly setting up the relationship between the Daughters of the Dragon.

I agree with the top half and bottom half. Not totally sure which Order in each half though. :smt102

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:25 pm

The Last Knight was the first Transformers movie I skipped at the theaters too. I honestly don't know how I even made it that far. I guess I was hoping the movies would get better. With that many stinkers and Bay still attached, there's very little hope for that. This latest one looks to be the most poorly reviewed one yet. Also crashed and burned at the US box office.

Vader

FROGMAN

Postby Vader » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:The Last Knight was the first Transformers movie I skipped at the theaters too. I honestly don't know how I even made it that far. I guess I was hoping the movies would get better. With that many stinkers and Bay still attached, there's very little hope for that. This latest one looks to be the most poorly reviewed one yet. Also crashed and burned at the US box office.

I think it had to do with Optimus as the villain.

I mean
WTF?

I still want to see it though

Vader

FROGMAN

Postby Vader » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 pm

I liked The Defenders
But I also liked Iron Fist and Luke Cage

Watching how to be a Latin lover right now
I had never heard of this one but it isn't half bad
Had one really funny part so far (just one)

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:40 pm

:|

Vader

FROGMAN

Postby Vader » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:31 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote::|

Ok 2 funny parts now

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:35 pm

Vader wrote:
Ok 2 funny parts now

How is a comedy not half bad by having two funny parts? I thought comedies were meant to be funny throughout. Isn't that kind of the whole point of them?

Vader

FROGMAN

Postby Vader » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:39 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:How is a comedy not half bad by having two funny parts? I thought comedies were meant to be funny throughout. Isn't that kind of the whole point of them?

You know how you said every comedy you've seen only really has maybe 1 or 2 funny parts

Well, this movie is likeable with some funny parts and about 2 really funny pats

Hence not half bad

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Vader wrote:
You know how you said every comedy you've seen only really has maybe 1 or 2 funny parts

Well, this movie is likeable with some funny parts and about 2 really funny pats

Hence not half bad

No, not every comedy has one or two funny parts. Bad comedies have one or two funny parts. That covers most of them, but not all. That's why for the most part I won't watch comedies. I figured fans of the genre would be getting much more out of them. It seems pointless to watch movies that are supposed to make you laugh and don't. It's like watching a horror movie with no scares, atmosphere, gore or good effects.

Vader

FROGMAN

Postby Vader » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:56 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:No, not every comedy has one or two funny parts. Bad comedies have one or two funny parts. That covers most of them, but not all. That's why for the most part I won't watch comedies. I figured fans of the genre would be getting much more out of them. It seems pointless to watch movies that are supposed to make you laugh and don't. It's like watching a horror movie with no scares, atmosphere, gore or good effects.

You had bought some comedy when you said that
I'm thinking Neighbors 2
Unfortunately the forum won't let me search right now for the exact post

Stop being so critical in your old age!

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Vader wrote:Stop being so critical in your old age!

Okay, let me find some poorly reviewed comedies to watch that might deliver one laugh.

Vader

FROGMAN

Postby Vader » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:03 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Okay, let me find some poorly reviewed comedies to watch that might deliver one laugh.

That's the spirit!!!

That one chuckle might change your life

(But you'll never get back the other hour and a half of your life where you weren't laughing)

Pros and Cons

GiveWarAChance

Hopscotch

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:45 pm

What's up with all the recent shark movies?

And why is that shark bigger than the boat?

leave a comment with facebook