Wednesday, April 25, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Memorial to dead childhoods."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:11 pm

Sarahroo wrote:Well good. As it should be.

I think they did a good job in the movie with a nod to the races at the end and Superman was never able to actually land a hit on him but he pushed Superman and evaded everything Superman threw so I think Flash’s speed title was properly kept

If Flash hadn’t been running the wrong way I think Superman might not have caught up to him either?

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:22 pm

DC should have made solo movies first, so people could know the origins of the characters and get to know them. Instead they just throw them into the middle of a big event movie. Marvel had Hulk, Cap, Thor, and Iron Man all out before Avengers came rolling around. Ant-man had his own movie before he was thrown into Civil War. Doctor Strange had his own movie before Infinity War. The GOTG got two movies before they interact with anyone else. The one exception was Black Panther and I didn't really care for him in Civil War. Hoping his own movie fixes that problem.

The wait between each solo movie isn't that bad either when Hulk and Doctor Strange can show up in a Thor movie or Iron Man in a Spider-Man movie. Plus everyone can get together every 3 years in a huge Avengers movie. Everything just feels more seemless.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:23 pm

They’ll never have the Marvel magic

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Flash can run at the speed of light. Regardless if he started running in the wrong direction, Superman shouldn't be able to catch up to him in a blink of an eye when Flash had a ten minute head start.

I can't wait to see an Aquaman movie where we can actually see him use his powers to communicate with marine life. It's pointless to have him on a team punching things when Superman and Wonder Woman are so much more powerful. It will be awesome seeing him call a whale dude and a dolphin bro.

Batman becomes just about useless when the team is fighting these huge villains. He can't hurt them in any way and has to spend his time dodging their attacks. Maybe he actually could be of some use if he showed some actual leadership ability and helped his team out. Black Widow and Hawkeye fall into this trap in Avengers. They can only take out grunts.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Very good points. I thought they needed Aquaman and flash at least in others movies first. I was going to gripe about the big earth killing villains at first and ask for just some bad guys like the previous Batman’s had but then I remembered that the Avengers movies are the same way.

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Let's take a look. A look into the future. All the way to April 2018. What treasures await us? Can the month be as good as this one? Let's see....

My April wants: (insert applause)

ImageHonestly, I cared little for the first two parts and barely remember them. Maybe I'm missing something.
ImageSee pic below and understand all.
ImageI'm feeling daring.
ImageI wasn't going to get this, but Amazon had a price mistake on the limited edition set.
ImageMaybe
ImageThere's the Aquaman I know and love.
ImageSomething I actually saw a trailer for.
ImageBetter not be boring.
ImageNeeson's last action movie?
ImageI have my reasons.
ImageOne of the best actors ever!
ImageThe movie I'm most excited for.
ImageIs this the last one?

No Phantom Thread, Molly's Game, The Greatest Showman, Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay or Paddington 2 for me. I might get Molly's Game someday. There also looks to be quite a few direct to video Lionsgate movies that I'll be passing on. Lord, please make me strong enough to pass on Deep Blue Sea 2.

Not the greatest month, but decent enough for me.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Just finished Ragnarok. Good movie. Fun. A little too cutesy I think. A little too Guardians Of The Galaxy. Good movie though. I’ll probably like it more if I watch it again.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:05 pm

Sarahroo wrote:Just finished Ragnarok. Good movie. Fun. A little too cutesy I think. A little too Guardians Of The Galaxy. Good movie though. I’ll probably like it more if I watch it again.

I think it was good they went in that direction after everyone was universally meh for Thor 2.

I would have preferred he kept both eyes though

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Sarahroo wrote:Just finished Ragnarok. Good movie. Fun. A little too cutesy I think. A little too Guardians Of The Galaxy. Good movie though. I’ll probably like it more if I watch it again.

I had similar thoughts. I thought the beginning had way too much comedy in it. It balances out better as the movie rolls on. I like Thor to be a little more serious than GOTG. I had people in my other group hate it because they consider it a comedy. Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster is an odd choice.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:35 am

Finished up 3 Billboards last night. I can’t tell you anything particular that I liked but it was a good movie. I like the main actress and actors a lot. You really pull for this heartbroken, sad, mom who needs answers and justice. Probably never need to watch it again but am glad I watched it.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:52 am

Not as much in April. Many that look ok but not many I really want to see.
List time list time

April Gotta gets in pref order
Greatest showman.
Hostiles
Maze runner 3 ( really liked the 1st, 2nd was a dud.....)
The post
Insidious 3 (may turn into a maybe)

Maybe gets
Father figures (may become a gotta)
Commueter ( also close to a gotta)
Beast of burden
Looking glass
Molly’s game
All the money in the world
Phantom thread
Braven
Deep blue sea 2

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:29 pm

The original Deep Blue Sea is a guilty pleasure for me. I remember generally being surprised when Samuel L Jackson got eaten by a shark so early. It was no masterpiece but it was fun. This part 2 looks like a remake and I know it's just going to suck. I'm fighting with myself not to buy it. I'm sure it will be in the Wal-Mart $7.88 bin within six months.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Finally a decent Walking Dead episode

GiveWarAChance

Not a Kardashian

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:10 pm

My entire weekend viewing.

And soon

Glacier16

cheese

Postby Glacier16 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:58 am