Tuesday, October 16, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Your boob-window into the world of comics."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat May 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Vader wrote:
Always appreciated

Sarahroo is even at her temple of Marky Mark just for you.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Sat May 19, 2018 8:05 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Sarahroo is even at her temple of Marky Mark just for you.

Too much unseemly activity going around today

I’ll never forget her Facebook profile pic of her in what seemed like a pink room wallpapered with Marky Mark Calvin Klein ads and candles lit everywhere. She is a devoted servant of the funky bunch and their esteemed leader. May good vibrations follow her as their salute goes.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat May 19, 2018 8:15 pm

I was watching The Return of Swamp Thing extras last night.

Heather Locklear and the producers wanted this poster to promote the movie:

Harvey Weinstein wanted this one:

Harvey wanted more breasteses and Heather wasn't impressed. Harvey won because Harvey knows best. Now that the producer owns the movie they go with the first image on Blu-rays and other stuff.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Sat May 19, 2018 8:17 pm

I loved Heather Locklear back then but I like the 2nd poster better

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Vader wrote:I loved Heather Locklear back then but I like the 2nd poster better

I liked Locklear too. It's not even close to me with the posters. The first one by a mile. The second one doesn't even look like Locklear. The first one is fun and tells you pretty much what you are in store for. The second one is just trying to be sexier for Harvey reasons.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Sat May 19, 2018 8:31 pm

I like the way swamp thing looks in the 2nd versus how he really looked in that movie. The artist version reminds me of so many old movie posters and I always liked that cartoonish vibe in posters. If locklear had perhaps a better facial expression I might go for the first but I really wasn’t a big fan of that movie and swamp thing’s face. The body of swamp thing looked good though. All I remember was a fight in a lab or something at some point. I think I saw it late night on the USA network as a kid a few times.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat May 19, 2018 8:32 pm

Regardless, they say Heather Locklear was very upset with Harvey's decision and she thought the poster would ruin her career.

It's Heather Locklear, damn it. You have a fun poster of the real actress in the movie. A poster that she is proud of. There's no need for a sexed up drawing of her. It's Heather Locklear.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat May 19, 2018 8:34 pm

The art looks more like that woman from the Weird Science TV show.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Sat May 19, 2018 8:36 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:The art looks more like that woman from the Weird Science TV show.

Vanessa angel?

I think that was her name from the bowling movie Kingpin

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat May 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Vader wrote:
Vanessa angel?

I think that was her name from the bowling movie Kingpin

I don't know her name. The face reminds me of hers.

carkey

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby carkey » Sat May 19, 2018 10:00 pm

I thought I heard somewhere that they’re making a live-action Swamp Thing TV show on the new DC streaming service.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat May 19, 2018 10:16 pm

carkey wrote:I thought I heard somewhere that they’re making a live-action Swamp Thing TV show on the new DC streaming service.

I'll pay for that right after CBS All Access and that Disney streaming service that is coming......never. I guess every studio and channel will have their own streaming service soon. For $200 a month we should be able to get them all.

carkey

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby carkey » Sat May 19, 2018 11:09 pm

I’m the same mindset of you. It’s impossible to subscribe to everything. Something has to give, unfortunately, it’s not corporate profits :(

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun May 20, 2018 12:07 am

That DC streaming service will probably be the future home of all their animated movies. No more Blu-rays or codes.

Another thing I love about new special features on a catalog release is that the people can finally be honest in the interviews. The director from The Return of Swamp Thing talks about how he hated one of the actors and the production manager. All special features on new movies consist of cast and crew blowing smoke up each other's asses.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sun May 20, 2018 4:05 am

Don't you just love movie nights? I had a pretty good one. Not a single Barbie movie in sight.

Special Delivery was much better than I hoped for. It had a solid 25 minute bank robbery in the beginning. I think it's the first time I saw a bank robbery with a man armed with a bazooka and another with an eye patch. They also use grappling hooks to climb the side of a building and try to getaway. The rest of the movie revolves around the one bank robber who managed to escape and stuffed his money in a mail drop off. Several other people witnessed him drop the money in the box and they want a piece of it.

Tomorrow Never Comes might have been even better. Despite having to watch it on DVD with a crummy transfer. I started off hating it, but ended really liking it.

Variety is the spice of life.

leave a comment with facebook