Monday, November 19, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:16 am

carkey wrote:
I don't know if you have Amazon PRIME or not, but I'm certain most of these, or similar type of movies are on there. I saw the catalogue and thought to myself, GWAC would probably enjoy these. :drunk

Lets not be silly now. Most of these are Italian or British movies from the 70's. If Amazon even had them for streaming, they would most likely be terrible looking transfers. I don't even have to look to know The Teenage Prostitution Racket won't be on there.

Eyeball just got a new transfer and I had to import it from the UK. There's no HD option available in NA, streaming or physical. Heck, it isn't even able to be watched at all on Prime or Vudu. Hell Comes to Frogtown is the same. Only available in SD over here and I had to import it. The major studios won't touch most of these with a ten foot pole. They license them out to independent labels to make new transfers and to release them. The two biggest movies are Shivers and Flowers in the Attic. Shivers last saw a release in 1998 in NA. David Cronenberg directed it, damn it! And Now the Screaming Starts is listed on Prime as VHS Retro Style. What the hell is that? :smt078

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Sarahroo wrote:Anyone want Or a GP for planes fire and rescue?
Anyone want a GP for infinity war?

People avoid that GP like the plague around here.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:26 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:People avoid that GP like the plague around here.

I guess so.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:38 pm

No need to even get the GP portion for me and I don't want to even attempt to sell it. I'll just kill that portion off.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:42 pm

I finally watched Infinity War last night. I have to say I was starting to have superhero fatigue with Spider-Man: Homecoming and Black Panther. I really liked Infinity War though. It's pretty amazing they were able to pull off a movie with such a huge cast. It really felt like the culmination of ten years worth of storylines. It also felt a lot like a Thanos movie. It starts with him, ends with him, goes into his backstory, and tells you about his relationship with Gamora. I loved the fight with Iron Man and his team against Thanos on Titan. It was better than the Wakanda battle. It's going to be a hard movie for future Avengers movies to top in sheer scale. I'm looking forward to Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Hawkeye to enter the fight in the next movie.

The only thing I worry about is that the next movie will just erase all the deaths and therefore make all the dramatic moments no longer matter.
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Obviously, every character that turned to ash from the infinity stones will come back. Spider-Man and the GOTG already have confirmed sequels that take place after Infinity War. There's no way Black Panther and Doctor Strange stay dead. That leaves Vision, Gamora, Loki, and Heimdall. Gamora is almost certainly trapped in the soul gem. They hinted at that with Thanos talking with kiddie Gamora. Vision is an android that can just live in another body and they already said is more than just his gem. So Loki and Heimdall will probably be the only characters left dead. Idris Elba is a big name to keep playing a bit part in Marvel movies. Loki's story feels played out.

Of course some Avengers could die in the next movie. It feels like a last hurrah for the original Avengers and a passing of the torch to the newer people. I could see someone sacrificing themselves to bring everyone else back from the dead and someone possibly falling in battle. Contracts are probably up or peeps are going to want to move on. Tony Stark has already been in 50 damn movies.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:07 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:No need to even get the GP portion for me and I don't want to even attempt to sell it. I'll just kill that portion off.

Well that’s just a shame and a waste. I guess I’ll try to sell them cheap over there.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:09 pm

I think we may try to watch AIW tonight. I’ve already heard lots of spoilers but still sounds great.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:46 pm

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like digital codes have been really drying up for months now. There's weeks where there's one new movie with a code for the week or maybe two. There might be a TV show with one too and possibly a catalog title. Disney is the biggest studio and they release one new movie a month. Avengers in August, Solo in September and Ant-man in October. Universal has already had 4-5 movies that haven't even come with a code this year. HBO has even dropped UV codes from a couple releases. Then there's Funimation who has dropped UV support. The major studios have all slowed movie production and smaller studios have upped their production. All leads to less codes.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:27 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I don't know if it's just me but it seems like digital codes have been really drying up for months now. There's weeks where there's one new movie with a code for the week or maybe two. There might be a TV show with one too and possibly a catalog title. Disney is the biggest studio and they release one new movie a month. Avengers in August, Solo in September and Ant-man in October. Universal has already had 4-5 movies that haven't even come with a code this year. HBO has even dropped UV codes from a couple releases. Then there's Funimation who has dropped UV support. The major studios have all slowed movie production and smaller studios have upped their production. All leads to less codes.

It feels like they really want to be done with this stage and move onto us spending br/dvd/digital combos levels of money on just the digital. As I said many times when that happens I finally go back to just lots of Netflix discs like I used to before code craze hit me all those years ago. Ah memories.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:30 am

We watched AIW last night. Oh. My. Gosh that was terrific. Well done. Exciting visually amazing. Allllllllll those characters woven together. Just terrific. I even knew how it ended and know it won’t all stand where it’s at when the next one comes out but I am still upset with the ending. These characters mean so much it was heartbreaking to watch the ending. Loooooooooved it.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Sarahroo wrote:
It feels like they really want to be done with this stage and move onto us spending br/dvd/digital combos levels of money on just the digital. As I said many times when that happens I finally go back to just lots of Netflix discs like I used to before code craze hit me all those years ago. Ah memories.

I think 2019 will be the big push for the major studios going to subscription services. Taking their movies and shows off of Netflix and creating their own $10 a month service. The subscription based streaming is seeing big gains every year and there's way too much money there for the studios not to try their hand at it. We already have DC Universe and Disney starting their thing soon. Since Disney acquired Fox, you know all of their stuff will be taken off of Netflix once that contract expires.

Netflix will probably exist mostly on the strength of their original content. At this point they have a ton of shows, movies, documentaries, comedy specials, reality shows, talk shows, and foreign language productions. Their current and upcoming list of originals is staggering. I can't see anyone catching up to Netflix on that front. Plus there's very little creative interference from Netflix. They'll also still have all the smaller studios that will never be able to have their own streaming services.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Looks like Deadpool 2 will be arriving nice and late for me. One more $5 gift certificate to use at Target and I can go back to actually getting my movies on release day again. They also purposely put any anime limited edition set that is ordered with a discount on to backorder for a good month, hoping people will cancel their orders. It doesn't matter if the item is currently in stock or if you placed your preorder several months in advance. Every single time it goes into backordered status. I have one that I got $20 off of right now that is supposed to come out next Tuesday. Everything else I ordered for the week has been shipped already. I know that set won't ship until sometime next month. I'm in no rush. Let's play this game again Target. :twisted:

In the meantime, let me take a look at this light September. Probably a good thing with how many movies I already see that I want in October.

ImageI've heard it's one of the best horror movies this year.
ImageThey don't make a lot of horror anthologies anymore. Critics seem to dig it.
ImageShailene was delayed a month and now Glacier16 gets to see her again in my want list. :P
ImageBefore Demi Moore went onto such greatness as Striptease there was this.
ImagePreordered the LE of 666 copies last month.
ImageStar-Lord versus the dinos.
ImageTwo 70's native American horror movies for the low price of $8.79.
ImageThe younger less annoying Tilly sister.
ImageThe Witch again!
ImageVol.2. Only three more to go.
ImageI need more Star Wars in my life.
ImageI need even the bad TCM movies. :|
ImagePleasant

Five new release movies and one miniseries for the entire month. Four of which come with a code. Not much, but I'm actually really looking forward to most of them. I had to fill in the rest with catalog releases and two anime shows. I'm passing on Ocean's 8. The previews I saw on TV for it looked awful. There's only one other movie that has a code that week and I don't want that either. Solo week only sees three other movies that come with codes and Jurassic week sees two other movies. The first week of the month sees three new release movies with codes too and two Disney catalog movies. I count 12 new movies for the entire month of September that come with digital codes. 4 TV shows also. All the shows come from WB.

Glacier16

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glacier16 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:32 am

Yup, codes have been scarce as they seem to be dropping them from physical stuff and personally there hasn't been too much out there that I want to own/buy so the code craze has slowed a bit.

On that note, code available for Death of Superman! :P

September List of wants/needs/maybes

Not Adrift :P

Won't You Be My Neighbor?
Ocean's 8
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Community: The Complete Series (yes!)
Siberia
Solo: A Star Wars Story

Probably not Hereditary since I head about a certain scene in it that I might not like. Same reason I skipped mother!

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Glacier16 wrote:Yup, codes have been scarce as they seem to be dropping them from physical stuff and personally there hasn't been too much out there that I want to own/buy so the code craze has slowed a bit.

On that note, code available for Death of Superman! :P

September List of wants/needs/maybes

Not Adrift :P

Won't You Be My Neighbor?
Ocean's 8
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Community: The Complete Series (yes!)
Siberia
Solo: A Star Wars Story

Probably not Hereditary since I head about a certain scene in it that I might not like. Same reason I skipped mother!

If it comes down to you throwing away the code, I will gladly take it. It is nowhere near a priority to me so if anyone really wants it, you can sell it, you can trade it, etc you do it.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:41 pm

The double whammy. Lack of codes and what does come with codes mostly sucks. The studios seem to be cracking down on code craze. Too many people have been lost to this terrible disease.

leave a comment with facebook