Friday, October 19, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Special collector's edition 4D variant!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:12 pm

Sarahroo wrote:I think I would be interested please. Is this the one with tammy? :smt007

Pretty sure this is the sequel.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:02 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Pretty sure this is the sequel.

Ooooooh that might be even better. :smt026

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:21 pm

So, September sucked for movies. There was limited movies I wanted to begin with and then three of them got delayed. Two by a month and the other by two months. What does October have in store for me?

October wants

ImageA Bluntless Sicario. :-(
ImageI heard it's the worst one yet.
Image Who doesn't like a good festival? :twisted:
ImageThe 1999 remake.
ImageI probably shouldn't.
ImageI actually don't know one thing about this.
ImageWas there any doubt?
ImageCute
ImageWhatever happened to Robb? She was a terrific child actor.
ImageKing and Romero!
ImageKing directing? And is that the Green Goblin?
ImageI know Dormer will let me down again.
ImageFantasy!
ImageI know how I'll be spending Halloween.
Image?
ImageThat's some cool art.
ImageI might pass on this.
ImageIs this any good?

Damn, that be a lot of Blu-rays. I might have to cut a few things until later.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:43 am

That gwac is such a good guy.

Glacier16

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Glacier16 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:05 pm

List time! Already?
PS- I actually really like that version of House on Haunted Hill. Couldn't really say why though.

October wants/needs/maybes

Community: The Complete Series
Batman: The Complete Animated Series
Sicario: Day of the Soldado
The First Purge
Skyscraper
Constantine: City of Demons
Hotel Artemis
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Arizona
Reprisal
Sorry to Bother You
Christopher Robin
I Think We're Alone
Patient Zero
Mandy
Teen Titans Go! To the Movies
The Spy Who Dumped Me
The Darkest Minds (although this is realllly a maybe cuz im kinda over YA stuff)
The 12th Man (never heard of)
Maximum Impact ( :lol: that cast )

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Sarahroo wrote:They drive me crazy “over there”. I posted all those codes for sale. I did not think about separating out the Disney type codes. Gasp. I have been banned until 1 am tonight.

:smt011

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:39 pm

Glacier16 wrote:Thought that was known for awhile?

I've never had anything deleted, but I've noticed quality changes with code movies. With music, stuff has been taken off iTunes and then put back up. Still have a copy of a song that was from a removed album.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 pm

I didn't see Christopher Robin because BR doesn't have a cover image for it. I might have to add that one too. I'm not buying 23 new releases though. Especially with the time and money spent with the Batman animated series.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:26 pm

GLX wrote:
I've never had anything deleted, but I've noticed quality changes with code movies. With music, stuff has been taken off iTunes and then put back up. Still have a copy of a song that was from a removed album.

I know plenty of people who have had movies disappear or resolutions change. Sometimes it's only temporary. Contacting customer service usually resolves any issues. I think this is the first time a company has come right out and admitted that we "own" nothing. All we have is a license to watch said movies. They can remove any movies at anytime, even if someone bought it for full price. That kind of is the exact opposite of what they used to say. It used to be if you bought the movie then you would always have it. It didn't matter if the movie was later removed from iTunes.

I've been saying all along that we don't own any of these digital movies. It is why I never spend any money to buy them. I only redeem codes, get them from InstaWatch or use credits. There's no guarantee that Vudu will even exist next month. I see that today Universal removed UV status from all of their movies and some shows. I wonder if they're still showing up in linked accounts? It's kind of bullshit that movies that were redeemed into UV accounts, from UV code sheets, are no longer UV.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Watched ghost stories tonight. The 3 stories themselves were ok. I liked the big overarching story and really liked the twist. Pretty decent.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:51 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I didn't see Christopher Robin because BR doesn't have a cover image for it. I might have to add that one too. I'm not buying 23 new releases though. Especially with the time and money spent with the Batman animated series.

I enjoyed Christopher Robin, but it's not an excellent film. Helps to be a Pooh fan.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:54 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I know plenty of people who have had movies disappear or resolutions change. Sometimes it's only temporary. Contacting customer service usually resolves any issues. I think this is the first time a company has come right out and admitted that we "own" nothing. All we have is a license to watch said movies. They can remove any movies at anytime, even if someone bought it for full price. That kind of is the exact opposite of what they used to say. It used to be if you bought the movie then you would always have it. It didn't matter if the movie was later removed from iTunes.

I've been saying all along that we don't own any of these digital movies. It is why I never spend any money to buy them. I only redeem codes, get them from InstaWatch or use credits. There's no guarantee that Vudu will even exist next month. I see that today Universal removed UV status from all of their movies and some shows. I wonder if they're still showing up in linked accounts? It's kind of bullshit that movies that were redeemed into UV accounts, from UV code sheets, are no longer UV.

I mainly only buy with credits or if a deal is really good. Movies usually fall behind games, music and comics, when it comes to what I typically buy through iTunes.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:59 pm

GLX wrote:
I enjoyed Christopher Robin, but it's not an excellent film. Helps to be a Pooh fan.

:smt055

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:05 pm

GLX wrote:

I guess I'm out then.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:28 pm

GLX wrote:
I mainly only buy with credits or if a deal is really good. Movies usually fall behind games, music and comics, when it comes to what I typically buy through iTunes.

The only thing I used to buy digitally were Xbox games. Only the ones that didn't have retail releases. Some DLC for games too. That was back on the 360 when I was really into videogames. I haven't spent a cent on music or comics.

I think I'll completely stop reading comic books if they ever go digital only. I won't even read that Cloak and Dagger digital series until it hits trade and those are my favorite characters. I would be done buying movies too. I would just stick to a couple subscription services.

leave a comment with facebook