Sunday, December 9, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "Where your childhood dreams don't have to die alone."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Code Craze

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Have you heard anything GWAC about what happens if you relink your uv to Vudu if you have a harry situation with any of your other contacts? I’m guessing it forces a refresh unless they imprinted in some fashion by now?

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Vader wrote:Had a name that reminded me of sit-ups or something.
I think he gave me Spartacus but I can’t remember the name for sure

syxxpakk?

I remember theofficialagp who had a beef with BR.com and was constantly getting banned over there. acousticgorilla and his TMNT avatar. He used to give some codes. potatoman32 and crazywords are two others that had 200+ posts. AllGood annoyed the shit out of me. Always going against popular opinion to get a reaction. Theflyingwaffle and StaticVic were way back. Of course the dreaded ready2play. Carkey's best buddy.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:10 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:syxxpakk?

I remember theofficialagp who had a beef with BR.com and was constantly getting banned over there. acousticgorilla and his TMNT avatar. He used to give some codes. potatoman32 and crazywords are two others that had 200+ posts. AllGood annoyed the shit out of me. Always going against popular opinion to get a reaction. Theflyingwaffle and StaticVic were way back. Of course the dreaded ready2play. Carkey's best buddy.

Ya syxxpak! I knew it had something to do with sit-ups!
Wow I forgot all of them

To be fair I am sleep deprived though

Another wonderful side effect of this new condition I find myself in

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:23 pm

There was 67 one post wonders in this thread. I miss them all.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Vader wrote:Have you heard anything GWAC about what happens if you relink your uv to Vudu if you have a harry situation with any of your other contacts?

Yes

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:35 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Yes

So what happens?

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Vader wrote:
So what happens?

Nothing. The Harry movies aren't in your UV account. People lost movies this week. They linked again and all their movies returned because they had only lost UV movies. What you have to worry about is the MA unlinking that is going to happen next year.

This was added this week to the terms of service:

Disconnecting your Movies Anywhere account with your Digital Retailer account will cease future Entitlement Sharing between Movies Anywhere and the disconnected Digital Retailer. Movies Anywhere-eligible movies based on Entitlements which were shared prior to disconnecting will continue to be available in Movies Anywhere and the disconnected Digital Retailer so long as the Digital Retailer account remains disconnected from Movies Anywhere. Should you choose to then reconnect your Digital Retailer account to a different Movies Anywhere account, there is a possibility that some of your Movies Anywhere-eligible movies will not be available in your Digital Retailer account. Each Digital Retailer’s policies and terms of use will determine whether Entitlements shared prior to disconnecting with Movies Anywhere will continue to be available in the Digital Retailer account.

It sounds like you will keep all the movies when they disconnect you. When you reconnect the Harry movies should be gone. Who knows?

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:03 pm

They also added a bunch of stuff about how selling codes and transferring them to other people isn't allowed and reason for them to delete your account.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:09 pm

Ya I’m reading a Blu-ray thread that makes it seem like it screws MA too right away.... but I’m only halfway into it
I’m not sure if I should relink and then relink the sub accounts that technically got merged so I didn’t think they’d even need to be relinked....
I’m out of the loop on all this stuff lately. I’m considering just taking the loss of 190 movies and just not reconnecting Vudu to uv and instead maybe connect fandango to MA but that still doesn’t bring back some of the missing to Vudu

So MA announced yearly disconnects or something? I know DMA used to call it renewing the license or something

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:11 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:They also added a bunch of stuff about how selling codes and transferring them to other people isn't allowed and reason for them to delete your account.

Hence why you will always keep your giant physical library

Mickey cracking the whip I guess

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 pm

Vader wrote:Ya I’m reading a Blu-ray thread that makes it seem like it screws MA too right away.... but I’m only halfway into it
I’m not sure if I should relink and then relink the sub accounts that technically got merged so I didn’t think they’d even need to be relinked....
I’m out of the loop on all this stuff lately. I’m considering just taking the loss of 190 movies and just not reconnecting Vudu to uv and instead maybe connect fandango to MA but that still doesn’t bring back some of the missing to Vudu

So MA announced yearly disconnects or something? I know DMA used to call it renewing the license or something

Just link back your UV. Nobody in my group lost anything by doing that. They just got everything back. Just disconnect Amazon and Fandango beforehand, just in case. At least all the movies will stay in those as long as you never connect again.

I believe MA announced disconnects every two years, when the service first went up.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Vader wrote:
Hence why you will always keep your giant physical library

Mickey cracking the whip I guess

I retired from that once I hit 3,000. Just chillin now.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:35 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:Just link back your UV. Nobody in my group lost anything by doing that. They just got everything back. Just disconnect Amazon and Fandango beforehand, just in case. At least all the movies will stay in those as long as you never connect again.

I believe MA announced disconnects every two years, when the service first went up.

I’ve never had fandangonow linked to MA I wonder if I should do that now or if the link to uv will screw that up or if I should make a new blank fandango so that and amazon can be set free eventually loaded

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:41 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I retired from that once I hit 3,000. Just chillin now.

You just maintain a physical collection of 3k now?

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:56 pm

For all the money Amazon has they sure have a crappy video app

leave a comment with facebook