Wednesday, December 12, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Code Craze

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Just watched Hotel Artemis. Very good movie to watch. Very stylistic. Good music. I liked it a lot. Not sure I necessarily got it but I liked watching it.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Watched old black and white scary on MA via Harry. What fun. Now onto Hallmark.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Watched The Spy Who Dumped Me with........”The Family”..........I liked it my wife actually liked it, the baby had no comment

Earlier I watched Olaf’s Frozen Christmas by myself. I liked that as I figured and the shorts included with it
(Probably should have tried to watch it with the baby but he seems like a real film snob having no respect for the Kunis)

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:39 pm

I spent nearly two hours trying to turn my parents house into a smart home. It has only been two years since I bought my father the echo and smart devices. He couldn't figure it out and wouldn't ask for help. My mother finally brought it up today.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:44 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I spent nearly two hours trying to turn my parents house into a smart home. It has only been two years since I bought my father the echo and smart devices. He couldn't figure it out and wouldn't ask for help. My mother finally brought it up today.

You mean the Free lights amazon gave you double of accidentally if I remember correctly. Were you successful?

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:22 pm

Setting up the Echo, bridges, lights, and plugs was challenging with manuals that told me nothing. Lots of trial and error and trying to look things up on the internet. I would set one thing up and the next thing wouldn't work. Try unplugging something and have the ip address completely change and then try to find out how to get the new ip address for the bridge. There's separate apps for the Echo, lights and plugs. Those all have to setup and linked together.

Everything is working now and is pretty cool. I can't wait to shut the lights off on my parents from my tablet.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 pm

I remember when we first got uverse and I was changing my wife’s channel from my iphone at work and screwing with her.
She thought there was a ghost in the house!

Use your light power well

Don’t waste it

Get your money’s worth!

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:53 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:I spent nearly two hours trying to turn my parents house into a smart home. It has only been two years since I bought my father the echo and smart devices. He couldn't figure it out and wouldn't ask for help. My mother finally brought it up today.

I guess he thinks you cannot rush into these things. Glad it’s going now.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 am

Gobble day is almost upon us. More snow is almost upon me. Rowdy shoppers are waiting to kill for 4K TVs on Black Friday, even though they have no way to watch 4K content. More importantly, it's time for me to see what I want for December. I can't rely on Santa to deliver the goods.

Image60 year old action Cruise. :smt007
ImageFitting the spinoff has the younger Farmiga sister.
ImageMulan was in World War II?
Image60 year old action Washington. :smt007
ImageBorden time.
ImageThat cover is awful.
ImageDopey faced Knightley.
ImageThis is going to rock. Right? :smt102
ImageNow that cover looks snazzy.
ImageFantasy! Bad fantasy?
ImageThe spring breakers are back.

No catalog releases? No anime? Just new releases? I might throw in Galveston too. Not much really. I'm sure I'll be getting plenty of movies from the jolly fat man anyways.

Vader

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby Vader » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:14 am

I think I’ll actually buy another 4k tv on Black Friday to replace the one that burned out finally. I noticed just the other day that Vudu now plays UHD on Samsung but it doesn’t look all that more impressive unless the room is totally dark.

I remember the first movie I think I played on Vudu in HDX when I bought my first flatscreen years ago was Green Lantern and I was pretty impressed by that whole space intro.

I need to try a more impressive UHD movie I’m guessing to get a better effect

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:06 am

I have 45 4K movies in my physical collection and still no intentions of buying a TV to watch them in 4K. :D

Everything I have heard and read says that the difference from HD to 4K is negligible, unless you have a huge TV and sit two feet from it. Streaming will be even worse. Vudu streams UHD at around 15 mbps. A disc is between 50-60. HDR is supposed to make some difference. I wouldn't buy a TV that didn't have HDR.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Anyone want an Olaf GP?

carkey

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby carkey » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Sarahroo wrote:Anyone want an Olaf GP?

I’d check that out. My kids are in the holiday spirit.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:58 pm

carkey wrote:
I’d check that out. My kids are in the holiday spirit.

Im worried I may have messed up so let me know. :smt102

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:06 pm

December lists? What fun. Wow after the first 3 that was really hard to prioritize.

Gotta gets in priority order
The nun
Venom
House with the clock in its walls
Simple favor
Predator
Colette
I still see you
Lizzie
Mission impossible #? May be a maybe?

Maybe gets
Harms way. May be a gotta?
Miseducation of Cameroon post. No code I think
God bless the broken road
Eq2
Smallfoot
Peppermint
Galveston. Just not sure it does it for me.

leave a comment with facebook