Wednesday, July 18, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Now part of a nutrituous breakfast!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The All-New Movie codes thread.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:04 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I won't have time to try it again until I get home. It's pretty strange though.

Weak week in movie land. I did manage to find one movie I wanted but there's no way it's coming with a UV code. I wonder how Sarahroo's voyage for the midnight release of Big Ass Spider went? Next week is looking up with three releases I'll be getting.

Ya it is.

The only thing I'm looking for this week is Runner Runner I think. Which one did you get?

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:14 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I won't have time to try it again until I get home. It's pretty strange though.

Weak week in movie land. I did manage to find one movie I wanted but there's no way it's coming with a UV code. I wonder how Sarahroo's voyage for the midnight release of Big Ass Spider went? Next week is looking up with three releases I'll be getting.

The line was too long and it was way too cold so I figured there was no way they had 1000's of copies to get B.A.S. before I got there so I ended up just giving up and going home. :derp:

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Sarahroo wrote:
The line was too long and it was way too cold so I figured there was no way they had 1000's of copies to get B.A.S. before I got there so I ended up just giving up and going home. :derp:

Where's your dedication? You'll probably lose your membership to the Arachnid Appreciation Society now.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:24 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Ya it is.

The only thing I'm looking for this week is Runner Runner I think. Which one did you get?

We Are What We Are. I liked the original Mexican one so I decided to give this one a chance.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:29 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:We Are What We Are. I liked the original Mexican one so I decided to give this one a chance.

Looks interesting. I had not heard of either version but then again I hadn't heard of The Family or Runner Runner as of late.
I got a movie from Hellmutt today via the super secret high council thread I had never heard of previously either called The Oranges.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:37 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Looks interesting. I had not heard of either version but then again I hadn't heard of The Family or Runner Runner as of late.
I got a movie from Hellmutt today via the super secret high council thread I had never heard of previously either called The Oranges.

I would have been more surprised if you or anyone in this thread had heard of that movie.

I never heard of a The Oranges either. I wish it would still be that way. :P Romantic comedies aren't exactly my cup of tea.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:44 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I would have been more surprised if you or anyone in this thread had heard of that movie.

I never heard of a The Oranges either. I wish it would still be that way. :P Romantic comedies aren't exactly my cup of tea.

Check your PMs.
Ya I know you're not into romantic comedies but I'm into variety when it comes to movies.
Thinking about it, you were wise to choose Sweetwater over Don Jon even though the scale tips in the favor of Scarlett over January, in regards to your taste in films Sweetwater far outweighed Don Jon by your standards.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:09 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Check your PMs.
Ya I know you're not into romantic comedies but I'm into variety when it comes to movies.
Thinking about it, you were wise to choose Sweetwater over Don Jon even though the scale tips in the favor of Scarlett over January, in regards to your taste in films Sweetwater far outweighed Don Jon by your standards.

If I was basing my purchase on strictly women I would take Scarlett any day. I chose the film that would interest me more. I like a lot of genres. Comedies aren't that common for me. I have been picking some up lately. Romantic comedies just about don't exist in my collection. Just looking at the box art scares me away. Give me sci-fi, fantasy, action, westerns, horror, thrillers or clown abductions.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:11 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:I would have been more surprised if you or anyone in this thread had heard of that movie.

I will admit it, I am pretty much down the road of being a "top 40" type of movie watcher. :smt011 I know...I know. So be it. 8)

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Sarahroo wrote:I will admit it, I am pretty much down the road of being a "top 40" type of movie watcher. :smt011 I know...I know. So be it. 8)

:smt013 How dare you like what everyone else likes!? Do you not care what the genre is? Are you pretty much down for anything? Compared to most in this thread I seem pretty damn selective. I like certain genres and will dig deep into them to find some hidden gems. But I also don't know what other interests and hobbies you guys have. Maybe it's primarily movies.

Vader

Zombie Guard

Postby Vader » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote: :smt013 How dare you like what everyone else likes!? Do you not care what the genre is? Are you pretty much down for anything? Compared to most in this thread I seem pretty damn selective. I like certain genres and will dig deep into them to find some hidden gems. But I also don't know what other interests and hobbies you guys have. Maybe it's primarily movies.

Everyone's hobby is entertainment! Whether it be comics, movies, collecting baseball cards whatever. Variety is the spice of life.
You're coming around, your choice of We're The Millers is an indication of that.
What you need is a weekend visit from Carkey in which he can walk you through every Steve Carell film starting with Crazy Stupid Love. Then he'll have you watching Julia Roberts & Sandra Bullock in no time as follow ups!

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:04 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote: :smt013 How dare you like what everyone else likes!? Do you not care what the genre is? Are you pretty much down for anything? Compared to most in this thread I seem pretty damn selective. I like certain genres and will dig deep into them to find some hidden gems. But I also don't know what other interests and hobbies you guys have. Maybe it's primarily movies.

Yeah, I am a goof...but an honest one. :smt102 I am pretty much down for anything. We watch most all genres but focus mostly on the cinemaplex type movies most... :drunk Hello...my name is sarahroo and I am a mass market movie watcher :smt007

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:10 pm

VaderTheTrader wrote:
Everyone's hobby is entertainment! Whether it be comics, movies, collecting baseball cards whatever. Variety is the spice of life.
You're coming around, your choice of We're The Millers is an indication of that.
What you need is a weekend visit from Carkey in which he can walk you through every Steve Carell film starting with Crazy Stupid Love. Then he'll have you watching Julia Roberts & Sandra Bullock in no time as follow ups!

How do you guys have the time to watch all of those movies? If my backlog is insane I can only imagine what yours looks like. Are movies your primary interest? I'm into so much stuff that when I spend a lot of time doing one thing everything else falls behind. I wish I had less interests.

That weekend with Carkey sounds like hell on earth. I have no problems with comedies. Give me unrated or rated R though. If Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts were in films that interested me I would watch them. Well, not Julia Roberts. I don't need variety. I'm very content with what I like, not musicals.

GiveWarAChance

Silly French Man

Postby GiveWarAChance » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Sarahroo wrote:Yeah, I am a goof...but an honest one. :smt102 I am pretty much down for anything. We watch most all genres but focus mostly on the cinemaplex type movies most... :drunk Hello...my name is sarahroo and I am a mass market movie watcher :smt007

Nothing wrong with that. I mean... :smt011 :smt013 If I was a mass market movie watcher my wallet would thank me. I think every person I've asked in this thread about what genres they watch has responded with everything.

Sarahroo

rubber spoon

Postby Sarahroo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:14 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:How do you guys have the time to watch all of those movies? If my backlog is insane I can only imagine what yours looks like. Are movies your primary interest? I'm into so much stuff that when I spend a lot of time doing one thing everything else falls behind. I wish I had less interests.

That weekend with Carkey sounds like hell on earth. I have no problems with comedies. Give me unrated or rated R though. If Sandra Bullock or Julia Roberts were in films that interested me I would watch them. Well, not Julia Roberts. I don't need variety. I'm very content with what I like, not musicals.

Yeah, movies have always been my primary, even in h.s. College :drunk and beyond. Our main focus is kids :smt007 and work. Movies, serial watching tv shows, reading, etc. fill in the gaps.

leave a comment with facebook