Wednesday, October 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "We put the "O" in OCD."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Avengers: Infinity War Thread! SPOILERS!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Mon May 14, 2018 5:46 am

Draco x wrote:Just saw it yesterday and it was amazing. The one thing that stuck out to me in the plot is that they could have stopped Thanos at the end if
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Starlord hadn't bungled it up before Thanos wiped out half of reality

Tough crowd.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Thu May 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Draco x wrote:Just saw it yesterday and it was amazing. The one thing that stuck out to me in the plot is that they could have stopped Thanos at the end if
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Starlord hadn't bungled it up before Thanos wiped out half of reality

I was honestly fine with that. Better than what we got in the comic the movie is based on, where it's admitted the only force capable of ever stopping Thanos is Thanos himself.

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 pm

MikeinLA wrote:

I was honestly fine with that. Better than what we got in the comic the movie is based on, where it's admitted the only force capable of ever stopping Thanos is Thanos himself.

Well they had to drive the plot along and set up the second movie due toQuill's actions.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Sun May 20, 2018 10:00 am

1) I just realized something. By halving the population of the galaxy Thanos just halved his forces too.

2) How is Tony going to return to Earth? I'm more interested in that than anything else in the next movie.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sun May 20, 2018 11:18 am

LiamA wrote:1) I just realized something. By halving the population of the galaxy Thanos just halved his forces too.

Also he doesn't seem to have noticed that it was a 50-50 chance he would die too. Something tells me that he would not be so willing to die as he thinks everyone else should be. He got awfully lucky he wasn't in the other 50%.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun May 20, 2018 12:47 pm

LiamA wrote:1) I just realized something. By halving the population of the galaxy Thanos just halved his forces too.

2) How is Tony going to return to Earth? I'm more interested in that than anything else in the next movie.

Well, Nebula's ship is still on Titan withTony. I imagine that is how he is going to get home.

Chessack

Great Scott!!!

Postby Chessack » Sun May 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Quick question, sort-of off-topic...

... But why are you guys pointing blackouts and spoiler tags around things in a thread with a title marked "Spoilers?" I always applaud being cautious with spoilers about currently-showing films but this seems a little like overkill. The thread title warns people.

Just curious.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun May 20, 2018 3:33 pm

Chessack wrote:Quick question, sort-of off-topic...

... But why are you guys pointing blackouts and spoiler tags around things in a thread with a title marked "Spoilers?" I always applaud being cautious with spoilers about currently-showing films but this seems a little like overkill. The thread title warns people.

Just curious.

Common courtesy.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Sun May 20, 2018 5:01 pm

RobThompson wrote:Well, Nebula's ship is still on Titan withTony. I imagine that is how he is going to get home.

I wonder how fast of a learner he is.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun May 20, 2018 6:00 pm

LiamA wrote:
I wonder how fast of a learner he is.

Since she is there too and can fly the ship, I do not think it will be an issue.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Sun May 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Chessack wrote:
Also he doesn't seem to have noticed that it was a 50-50 chance he would die too. Something tells me that he would not be so willing to die as he thinks everyone else should be. He got awfully lucky he wasn't in the other 50%.

It could have been he knew this and didn't care. He may have even been hoping to be one of his own victims. The heroes ask him what he's going to do after he wipes out half of existence, which plays out in the end of the film. Given that fact it looks like his quest is it might not have mattered to him if he died.

Or he fudged the rules so he could live on the pretense he had to make sure no one could come afterwards and try to undo his plans. That would seem to make more sense. He is a villain after all. Though part of me worries in the sequel there is going to be an even worse threat who wants the Gauntlet for it's own purpose and we'll have to see the Avenger and Thanos team up to stop it.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun May 20, 2018 7:27 pm

MikeinLA wrote:

It could have been he knew this and didn't care. He may have even been hoping to be one of his own victims. The heroes ask him what he's going to do after he wipes out half of existence, which plays out in the end of the film. Given that fact it looks like his quest is it might not have mattered to him if he died.

Or he fudged the rules so he could live on the pretense he had to make sure no one could come afterwards and try to undo his plans. That would seem to make more sense. He is a villain after all. Though part of me worries in the sequel there is going to be an even worse threat who wants the Gauntlet for it's own purpose and we'll have to see the Avenger and Thanos team up to stop it.

Well, in the original story Nebula wound up with the Gauntlet after Thanos lost it.

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Sun May 20, 2018 7:41 pm

MikeinLA wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Red Skull is that very threat.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Sun May 20, 2018 7:46 pm

RobThompson wrote:Well, in the original story Nebula wound up with the Gauntlet after Thanos lost it.

That's a definite possibility. Red Skull re-appearing might have been more than just a bit of fan-service.

LiamA

cheese

Postby LiamA » Mon May 21, 2018 10:17 am

RobThompson wrote:Since she is there too and can fly the ship, I do not think it will be an issue.

That tells you how good my memory and a massive need to pee at the time are. I thought Tony was all by himself on the planet.

leave a comment with facebook