Wednesday, September 26, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Sometimes true. Always authentic."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Avengers: Infinity War Thread! SPOILERS!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Mon May 21, 2018 10:26 am

LiamA wrote:
That tells you how good my memory and a massive need to pee at the time are. I thought Tony was all by himself on the planet.

:lol:

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon May 21, 2018 11:14 am

Chessack wrote:
Also he doesn't seem to have noticed that it was a 50-50 chance he would die too. Something tells me that he would not be so willing to die as he thinks everyone else should be. He got awfully lucky he wasn't in the other 50%.

He made sure he wasn't part of the halfing... he clearly said he plans on watching the sunrise afterwards enjoying his victory.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat May 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Somehow, some way, the planets and the stars aligned last night and I had to opportunity to see this film finally.

I had to sit in the front row though, which was surprising considering how long the film has been out, and I will try not to take any points away from the film because of it. That being said, I didn't really take the same meticulous notes that I usually take, so allow me to apologize up front if this is a little disjointed and all over the place.

* The opening scene did a phenomenal job telegraphing the might of Thanos and the threat that he poses but it also sorta rendered everything that happened in Ragnarok a little obsolete, didn't it?

* RIP Loki. RIP Heimdall. :cry: :cry:

* I knew that this film was going to be riddled with cameos but here we are, only a few minutes in, and there is already far, FAR too much Gwyneth Paltrow. Did she really need to be there?

* I wish everyone would treat Tony Stark the way that Doctor Strange treats him. :lol:

* Tony Stark is such a dick that he actually needs to take a moment to consider whether or not the threat of Thanos is worthy of him calling Steve Rogers?! :smt011

* Steve Rogers (and that magnificent beard) saves the day once again. You damn right! 8)

* Fuck off General Ross.

* Out of all of the characters that were impacted by the Civil War, you would think that Rhodey would be the one who would have the most reason to hang on to a grudge but here he is, downright relieved to see his old friends. Fuck off Tony.

* Ebony Maw is by far the most interesting member of Thanos' Black Order...so of course he's going to be the first one to die. :smt011

* I don't want to be excited about the return of a character like the Red Skull but kudos to Marvel Studios for slipping that old nazi bastard in there for continuity's sake.

* RIP Gamora. :shock: :cry:

* Thanos' journey throughout the film was heavy and I appreciated seeing the impact of what he was attempting to do weigh on him as a character. It really made him standout from other villains, not just in the MCU but across the superhero movie genre in general.

* Loved how Wakanda heavy the final act of the movie was.

* Loved how Guardians of the Galaxy heavy the entire movie was.

* Loved most of the interactions between characters that have heretofore had no reason or opportunity to interact with one another.

* The final scenes between Groot and Rocket, Peter and Tony, and Steve reacting to what just happened absolutely gutted me. :cry:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:39 pm

Grayson wrote:
* I wish everyone would treat Tony Stark the way that Doctor Strange treats him. :lol:

* Tony Stark is such a dick that he actually needs to take a moment to consider whether or not the threat of Thanos is worthy of him calling Steve Rogers?! :smt011

* Steve Rogers (and that magnificent beard) saves the day once again. You damn right! 8)

* Fuck off General Ross.

* Out of all of the characters that were impacted by the Civil War, you would think that Rhodey would be the one who would have the most reason to hang on to a grudge but here he is, downright relieved to see his old friends. Fuck off Tony.

* I don't want to be excited about the return of a character like the Red Skull but kudos to Marvel Studios for slipping that old nazi bastard in there for continuity's sake.

* The final scenes between Groot and Rocket, Peter and Tony, and Steve reacting to what just happened absolutely gutted me. :cry:

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 pm

I expect I will enjoy this movie more than its follow-on as this one featured more of the Marvel characters I really enjoy than its sequel will have.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat May 26, 2018 7:43 pm

The more that I think about it, the more cruel and unnecessary it seems to me that they "killed" Star-Lord after the death of Gamora, a revelation which prompted him to react in a manner that cost the heroes the victory on Titan, and would have no doubt been something that he would have had to live and come to terms with throughout the sequel. I don't begrudge Peter one bit for making that decision, it would be highly dubious for any of us to suggest that we have never done something irrational for love and I personally believe that his journey and growth as a result of it could have been a powerful arc during the next film. :smt102

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat May 26, 2018 11:28 pm

As usual Grayson points out something I didn't even think about during the movie. Tony after I believe they said 2 years since Civil War is still being such a moron that when his literal best friend comes back to earth and tells him about an alien who is basically about to become a walking nuke won't set aside his idiotic pride and call the one guy who can help get everyone out of this mess?!

Christ Tony, at least pretend to be an adult. :smt011

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat May 26, 2018 11:32 pm

The fact that he actually had the phone with him make me think he'd been thinking about it for awhile...

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat May 26, 2018 11:33 pm

Eric Ratcliffe wrote:As usual Grayson points out something I didn't even think about during the movie. Tony after I believe they said 2 years since Civil War is still being such a moron that when his literal best friend comes back to earth and tells him about an alien who is basically about to become a walking nuke won't set aside his idiotic pride and call the one guy who can help get everyone out of this mess?!

Christ Tony, at least pretend to be an adult. :smt011

He was going to call but did get interrupted by an attack on New York.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sat May 26, 2018 11:36 pm

HNutz wrote:The fact that he actually had the phone with him make me think he'd been thinking about it for awhile...

Tony is a narcassistic piece of garbage. 10 to 1 odds the only reason he had that phone on him in the first place is because he expected Steve to call him. Fuck off Tony.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun May 27, 2018 12:03 am

Tony is my fav character in the MCU and I agree with Hnutz and I think Grayson needs to just step back and do some yoga because he seems tense.

OneWhoIsAll

Expert Post Whore

Postby OneWhoIsAll » Sun May 27, 2018 3:36 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Tony is my fav character in the MCU and I agree with Hnutz and I think Grayson needs to just step back and do some yoga because he seems tense.

Not to mention his hate boner for Gwyneth Paltrow.

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Sun May 27, 2018 6:00 am

Grayson wrote:
Tony is a narcassistic piece of garbage. 10 to 1 odds the only reason he had that phone on him in the first place is because he expected Steve to call him. Fuck off Tony.

He started strong but after Avengers he just became too much of a twit. For me, his presence really hurt Spider-Man: Homecoming (and pretty much every other Marvel movie he has been in.)

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sun May 27, 2018 8:19 am

Hey, Grayson.

Look what could have been...

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Sun May 27, 2018 8:51 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Tony is my fav character in the MCU and I agree with Hnutz and I think Grayson needs to just step back and do some yoga because he seems tense.

Honestly, I'm getting older and the body doesn't move the way it used too, so it would probably do me some good to start yoga but that doesn't change how universally wrong and terrible Tony has been.

leave a comment with facebook