Wednesday, December 19, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "If you loved Hotel Rwanda, you'll love The Outhouse."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Avengers: Infinity War Thread! SPOILERS!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

cbikle

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby cbikle » Mon May 28, 2018 12:54 am

RobThompson wrote:He started strong but after Avengers he just became too much of a twit. For me, his presence really hurt Spider-Man: Homecoming

Although I like how they interact, Tony Stark absolutely does make that movie feel less like a Spider-Man movie (also, the absence of JJJ and the Daily Bugle also throws things off).

The MCU relationship between Spider Man & IM is a lot different than the one in the comics (where they didn't really seem to even like each other and their roles were reversed, with Spider Man being more experienced as a super hero).

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon May 28, 2018 3:40 am

Hey Grayson, how did you like Hawkeye's role in the film? Was it worth not putting him on the posters?

RobThompson

cheese

Postby RobThompson » Mon May 28, 2018 6:01 am

cbikle wrote:
Although I like how they interact, Tony Stark absolutely does make that movie feel less like a Spider-Man movie (also, the absence of JJJ and the Daily Bugle also throws things off).

The MCU relationship between Spider Man & IM is a lot different than the one in the comics (where they didn't really seem to even like each other and their roles were reversed, with Spider Man being more experienced as a super hero).

For me it was more than that. Ever since Avengers, the MCU has slowly decided to highlight all the traits Tony has that make him an unlikable (and frankly less heroic) character. The Widow was right in her assessment of him at the end of Civil War:

Are you incapable of letting go of your ego for one goddamn second?

The answer, apparently, is yes, he is incapable of that.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Mon May 28, 2018 8:03 am

sdsichero wrote:Hey Grayson, how did you like Hawkeye's role in the film? Was it worth not putting him on the posters?

There were definitely subtle nuances to Hawkeye's role that most people won't be able to catch the first time through. One could even say they were practically imperceptible.

MikeinLA

cheese

Postby MikeinLA » Mon May 28, 2018 8:55 am

cbikle wrote:

Perhaps not coincidentally there is something of a mentor/protege relationship between them around the time of the Civil War comic. I'm pretty sure it's Stark that convinces Peter to reveal his secret id to the world. The relationship goes south from there.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Grayson…

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:13 pm

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:52 pm

sdsichero wrote:

Not quite sure what to make of that...

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand

Heh.

One theory is that the movie is going to be "Avengers: Endgame".

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:27 pm

HNutz wrote:
Not quite sure what to make of that...

Heh.

One theory is that the movie is going to be "Avengers: Endgame".

I really don't see the g

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
I really don't see the g

I think a lower case "g" actually works better if you use Russo's legs and the chair as the loop and trace the shadows below him to make the tail.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:15 pm

HERE's an interesting theory.

For those who haven't see it, click on the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSaRVRpsAKQ

Okay so the discovery/theory: You can see the souls of the universe moving throughout the Quantum Realm after Thanos' snap.

Watch the clip, before and after Scoot retrieves the Quantum Particles the Realm is a deep blue and in an almost "calm" state. But seconds before the Pym's disappear, we begin to see orange start to fill the Realm.

Orange is the color of the Soul Stone. Then, the camera pans out, and we see orange orbs traveling across the realm.

This would be around the time Thanos snapped his finger, down to the seconds if you watch Infinity War and how soon Bucky disappears.

Also, if you need a lineup of the snap to this, check this out: https://streamable.com/oj5nc

What do you guys think?

More at the link.

Thoughts?

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:40 pm

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:23 am

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:41 pm