Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


The Blacklist

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:27 pm

GOSD wrote:
She's working for Red. Has to. This is just another card Red can play when Lizzie needs another push away from her husband. Compromising photos?


Only problem with that idea is that it actively harms Lizzie. He might think it's best for her to kick him to the curb, but even if he's correct, it will still cause her great emotional pain and distress.

It would almost be easier on her for Red to simply have the man killed. Clearly, he could have his people make it look completely like an accident. She'd suffer some sadness, but would at least believe he hadn't betrayed her love. Her entire marriage wouldn't be shown to be a sham.

The man killed her father just to spare her the pain of learning the truth.

Thus far, Red has been fairly above-board in his interactions with Lizzie. He allows her to come to her own conclusions. And Red does hold to a code about certain things.
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:27 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Only problem with that idea is that it actively harms Lizzie. He might think it's best for her to kick him to the curb, but even if he's correct, it will still cause her great emotional pain and distress.

It would almost be easier on her for Red to simply have the man killed. Clearly, he could have his people make it look completely like an accident. She'd suffer some sadness, but would at least believe he hadn't betrayed her love. Her entire marriage wouldn't be shown to be a sham.

The man killed her father just to spare her the pain of learning the truth.

Thus far, Red has been fairly above-board in his interactions with Lizzie. He allows her to come to her own conclusions. And Red does hold to a code about certain things.


[to the wife of a business acquaintance he has just shot] Janice, if you don't stop your yammering, I'm gonna have to shoot through this door. Which will be a shame, because I won't have any idea what I'm shooting at.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:08 pm

I loved the con that Red pulled last night.
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:16 pm

Stephen Day wrote:I loved the con that Red pulled last night.


It was him, but also predictable.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:18 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:
It was him, but also predictable.


Agreed, it was still fun to see even though you could see it coming.
User avatar

The Old Doctor

A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Agreed, it was still fun to see even though you could see it coming.


Yes, because it was him, but not that great. The best moment was really Red telling that story to the guard and insulting Liz.

Next moment was watching him spook the hell out of Malik at the meeting. She really seemed to not know if she's safe or not. Even Red's comments to Cooper was a great blend and character display.

Liz getting into the red dress was just nice. She was otherwise boring.
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:49 pm

Stephen Day wrote:
Agreed, it was still fun to see even though you could see it coming.


What's beautiful about that con is that he was probably telling (at least some version of) the truth. Always mix a little truth into a lie. And Red always does.

They balanced out the utter predictability of the con by making you wonder if it really was a true story. The con itself was unimportant, because the viewer is sitting there wondering...wondering...wondering...

That was the beautiful part about that scene and that performance.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:46 am

So she doesn't work for Red, she was there to test the husbands loyalty to his agenda... AND I knew that double take the husband did when he saw Red at the hospital was significant.
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:25 am

Eh. Everyone's an agent, I guess. The baby he wanted to adopt is probably a sleeper agent too.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:54 am

People stop loving this show?
User avatar

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:31 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:People stop loving this show?


Well, it's just at the point for me where I don't think I'd be watching if James Spader wasn't playing Red.

Lizzie has been portrayed as a totally clueless moron throughout the series. The only exception was when she had to infiltrate the HQ after it had been taken over, and she was totally bad-ass. That's it. Every other time, she's being led around by the nose by Red, or being duped by her husband.

This episode wasn't even about her, and it didn't really matter, because she contributed exactly the same amount of importance as she usually does even when the episode is about her.

And next episode, you see this absurd scene where she's one one side of the door and her evil husband is on the other side, masterfully evading her keen (ahem) investigative skills.

They've really got to do more to make her worthy of Red's interest and respect, and so far, they're really not. I want to like Lizzie, but more and more, they're making it hard to care about anyone who is not Red.
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Well, it's just at the point for me where I don't think I'd be watching if James Spader wasn't playing Red.

Lizzie has been portrayed as a totally clueless moron throughout the series. The only exception was when she had to infiltrate the HQ after it had been taken over, and she was totally bad-ass. That's it. Every other time, she's being led around by the nose by Red, or being duped by her husband.

This episode wasn't even about her, and it didn't really matter, because she contributed exactly the same amount of importance as she usually does even when the episode is about her.

And next episode, you see this absurd scene where she's one one side of the door and her evil husband is on the other side, masterfully evading her keen (ahem) investigative skills.

They've really got to do more to make her worthy of Red's interest and respect, and so far, they're really not. I want to like Lizzie, but more and more, they're making it hard to care about anyone who is not Red.


I'm still enjoying this show, but yeah, I have this same problem too. The husband not being what he seemed might have been a cool reveal if they hadn't hugely telegraphed it weeks in advance.
User avatar

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:People stop loving this show?

Not me - I'm loving it more than ever. I don't see how they can keep the momentum, but I'm pleased to see they are thus far...
User avatar

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:07 pm

The whole storyline with Lizzie and her husband is shit. That's the only weak link in this show.

Red is just awesome so I don't really give a fuck. :smt102

Image

:lol:
User avatar

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:20 pm

I was finally able to watch the episode from this past Monday. I'm glad that Keen finally knows the truth about her husband. That storyline will hopefully move in some interesting directions now.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: contramundi, dairydead, e_galston, GLX, Google [Bot], Grayson, IvCNuB4, Johnnie Torch, Matatronic, Mister Babadook, TheLurker and 30 guests