Thursday, August 16, 2018 • Afternoon Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Blacklist

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue May 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Strict31 wrote:
So far there's only been one episode where Lizzie shined, and that was when she pulled a brief Diehard during the episode where the HQ was infiltrated. Last night, she was finally able to work something out that they've been telling us since before the mid-season break. Thanks, Sherlock.

The fact she was deceived by Tom for so long makes her look really stupid. She is unremarkable except for her importance to Red, and they've built up that importance for so long with zero pay-off that it had goddamn better be major when they finally decide to crap it onto the screen.

Lizzie, better when barefoot then not. :lol:

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:42 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:
Lizzie, better when barefoot then not. :lol:

Fists with your toes. It works. Not on broken glass, but otherwise, yeah.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue May 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Strict31 wrote:
Fists with your toes. It works. Not on broken glass, but otherwise, yeah.

Seems her toes know more then she does about dealing with folks. She should go barefoot more.

She found her hubby's box of stuff while barefoot.
She kicked those guys' asses while barefoot.
Her feet are as awesome as Alan Moore's beard... well, nicer to look at as they are not fletched with the tears of fanboys.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:18 pm

I wouldn't describe Alan Moore's beard as awesome. For that, it would need to be bulletproof and be capable of writing clever but disturbing limericks about the lusty residents of Dunwich. And it would also have to be a lesbian.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Every twist and turn is so badly telegraphed it's almost laughable. The real identity of Berlin the eventual reveal of Red being Lizzy's father.....The incredible incompetence of the FBI....really the only thing keeping this show remotely watchable is James Spader and I don't know that I'll come back for another year just because of how good spader is.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Mon May 12, 2014 10:07 pm

First, my reaction to the one character they killed off.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

I liked her! A CIA mom complete with British accent! And she was damn fine on my eyes.

Oh well, on with the post.

guitarsmashley wrote:Every twist and turn is so badly telegraphed it's almost laughable. The real identity of Berlin the eventual reveal of Red being Lizzy's father.....The incredible incompetence of the FBI....really the only thing keeping this show remotely watchable is James Spader and I don't know that I'll come back for another year just because of how good spader is.

But is she? Could be that she's really the daughter of Berlin.

Fucking metaphors... Red could also be her dad.

The show is Spader driven, I agree, just as House of Cards is Spacey driven. There really is no other reason to watch either show other then for them as the rest of the cast of characters are boring.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon May 12, 2014 10:33 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Every twist and turn is so badly telegraphed it's almost laughable. The real identity of Berlin the eventual reveal of Red being Lizzy's father.....The incredible incompetence of the FBI....really the only thing keeping this show remotely watchable is James Spader and I don't know that I'll come back for another year just because of how good spader is.

I've said that from the very beginning... those are my exact rguemtns. Lizzy is meh, the FBI's are idiots, but Spader and the Blacklist villains are the real reason to watch the show..

It's fun tv.. all the other HBO and cable channel shows, I wait for boxsets. This is just fun stuff to watch at the end of a long day of work.

I'll be back, Spader is just great.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 12, 2014 10:53 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:First, my reaction to the one character they killed off.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

I liked her! A CIA mom complete with British accent! And she was damn fine on my eyes.

Oh well, on with the post.

But is she? Could be that she's really the daughter of Berlin.

Fucking metaphors... Red could also be her dad.

The show is Spader driven, I agree, just as House of Cards is Spacey driven. There really is no other reason to watch either show other then for them as the rest of the cast of characters are boring.

I agree, I love Parminder Nagra and am very upset that she is dead...what is it with this show and killing the hot minority chicks?

The problem is after the midseason Alan Alda attack Red was left as a side character till tonight that is. Next season should be Red and Lizzy banging or not because of the other thing....or they could still bang. Whatever.

Also since Berlin's daughter was sent to him piece by piece and is Red's #79 which is either his kill or that guy from the beginning of the series that dissolved bodies and all that....berlin's daughter is fucking dead.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:56 pm

You know...it's hard to blame the Berlin telegraph on the writing. I mean, the moment you saw Peter Stormare's name in the credits, it gave the whole thing away right there. The moment they decided to cast Stormare, the "twist" was ruined.

What can be blamed on the writing is how blatantly they ripped off Kaiser Soze from the Usual Suspects. Not just the character concept, but the exact same twist from that movie.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon May 12, 2014 10:57 pm

Strict31 wrote:You know...it's hard to blame the Berlin telegraph on the writing. I mean, the moment you saw Peter Stormare's name in the credits, it gave the whole thing away right there. The moment they decided to cast Stormare, the "twist" was ruined.

What can be blamed on the writing is how blatantly they ripped off Kaiser Soze from the Usual Suspects. Not just the character concept, but the exact same twist from that movie.

I didn't see the name or the casting but, the second I saw him on screen I knew what was going on.

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:04 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
I didn't see the name or the casting but, the second I saw him on screen I knew what was going on.

It's almost impossible to disguise that actor as anything other than the main bad guy these days. There was no way he was just gonna be in the episode as a guard. The moment you saw him, you knew.

That's a problem with a lot of TV shows, I find. They try to be mysteries or whatever; to trick you about the identity of the really real killer. But the moment a well-known actor's name shows up in the opening credits, or the moment you see that actor on-screen, you know.

You get taken right out of the story because from that moment, you know Famous Actor Guy is guest-starring tonight as the Killer. Maybe you would have figured out the twist on your own, but now you'll never know, because there's no other reason for Famous Actor Guy to guest star in the episode.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue May 13, 2014 5:24 am

Strict31 wrote:You know...it's hard to blame the Berlin telegraph on the writing. I mean, the moment you saw Peter Stormare's name in the credits, it gave the whole thing away right there. The moment they decided to cast Stormare, the "twist" was ruined.

That;s what I even said, the dude telling the origin of Berlin was actually berlin.. straight out of Usual Suspects.

So we can assume Berlin blames Red on his daughter's death because Red was the man she loved. And it wasn't Berlin who burnt the house down, but it was Berlin's enemies getting back at him.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Tue May 13, 2014 7:51 am

Yeah, Berlin's true identity was obvious. Like most of you said, as soon as I saw who it was, it was pretty damn clear.

I expected more from that finale though. :|

So, is Tom really dead? Where was his body? Did Lizzy take it?

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:29 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
That;s what I even said, the dude telling the origin of Berlin was actually berlin.. straight out of Usual Suspects.

So we can assume Berlin blames Red on his daughter's death because Red was the man she loved. And it wasn't Berlin who burnt the house down, but it was Berlin's enemies getting back at him.

And I half-expected him to bust out with: "You think the darkness is your ally. But you merely befriended it. I was born in it. Molded by it..."

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 am

guitarsmashley wrote:

I agree, I love Parminder Nagra and am very upset that she is dead...what is it with this show and killing the hot minority chicks?

The problem is after the midseason Alan Alda attack Red was left as a side character till tonight that is. Next season should be Red and Lizzy banging or not because of the other thing....or they could still bang. Whatever.

Also since Berlin's daughter was sent to him piece by piece and is Red's #79 which is either his kill or that guy from the beginning of the series that dissolved bodies and all that....berlin's daughter is fucking dead.

Parminder Nagra is sweet and sexy all in one. Add that her character was the only one of the FBI team with any depth... what a waste.
Well, I'm still crushing on her.

Okay, but Berlin AND Red have copies of the same photo. So while Red has fire scars, so could Berlin. Also, pieces of a girl is not always the girl they claim, unless Berlin could read DNA with his own eyes. So I think this is the (bs) mystery for next season - Who's daughter is she and what the hell is the story? Did one of them steal her from the other and who was who did it? I cannot see Red doing that to a girl either. Really does not seem to be his style.

leave a comment with facebook