Advertisement

The Blacklist

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 594 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Re: The Blacklist

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue May 13, 2014 10:34 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
That;s what I even said, the dude telling the origin of Berlin was actually berlin.. straight out of Usual Suspects.

So we can assume Berlin blames Red on his daughter's death because Red was the man she loved. And it wasn't Berlin who burnt the house down, but it was Berlin's enemies getting back at him.

I thought it as well. Felt so cheap and rip-offy. I expected better.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 594 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Tue May 13, 2014 10:36 am

GOSD wrote:Yeah, Berlin's true identity was obvious. Like most of you said, as soon as I saw who it was, it was pretty damn clear.

I expected more from that finale though. :|

So, is Tom really dead? Where was his body? Did Lizzy take it?

I suspect he crawled away after she went off with Red.

That or her feet ate him like Alan Moore's Beard would.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 476 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Tue May 13, 2014 11:59 am

LOL, I was also thinking Usual Suspects when he told the bone story.

It's so hard to use solid/recognizable character actors without spoiling the story twists. Almost every procedural whodunit show--especially Bones--gives away who did it based solely on recognizability.

We aren't supposed to believe Tom is dead, are we? Only Lizzie, right?
At this point, it would be a twist if that character really was dead.
-

Strict31 likes this post.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 282 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue May 13, 2014 12:27 pm

The Old Doctor wrote:
Parminder Nagra is sweet and sexy all in one. Add that her character was the only one of the FBI team with any depth... what a waste.
Well, I'm still crushing on her.

Okay, but Berlin AND Red have copies of the same photo. So while Red has fire scars, so could Berlin. Also, pieces of a girl is not always the girl they claim, unless Berlin could read DNA with his own eyes. So I think this is the (bs) mystery for next season - Who's daughter is she and what the hell is the story? Did one of them steal her from the other and who was who did it? I cannot see Red doing that to a girl either. Really does not seem to be his style.

79 is berlins sister, reds ex, Lizzie's mom.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

2 people like this post.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:46 pm

outsider wrote:LOL, I was also thinking Usual Suspects when he told the bone story.

It's so hard to use solid/recognizable character actors without spoiling the story twists. Almost every procedural whodunit show--especially Bones--gives away who did it based solely on recognizability.

We aren't supposed to believe Tom is dead, are we? Only Lizzie, right?
At this point, it would be a twist if that character really was dead.

I think the car commercials featuring the actor playing Tom spoiled the fact he wouldn't die. They've been running a series of those commercials, but the one that aired during last night's episode has the actor promising Tom will reveal the truth about himself.

So...while I was hoping that he would die, I did not expect him to. But shit, maybe his story is about to get interesting next season.

This show, i have found, makes a habit of being blatantly obvious about its twists, then trying to convince you those are totally not the twists that you thought, only to reveal, yeah, those were totally the twists, bro. Yep.

In a way it's cool, because you have Red being a liar both devious and honorable at once. His truth may come out as a lie, and vice versa. And Spader performs this complexity so well that it's almost as if the writers drank his blood and gained his power.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 476 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Wed May 14, 2014 6:51 am

Strict31 wrote:I think the car commercials featuring the actor playing Tom spoiled the fact he wouldn't die. They've been running a series of those commercials, but the one that aired during last night's episode has the actor promising Tom will reveal the truth about himself.
What's this? Do you have a link to those commecials?
(I watch the show on Hulu Plus, and it's typically the same three commercials. OVER AND OVER. Stupid Geico talking paintings.)

Strict31 wrote:This show, i have found, makes a habit of being blatantly obvious about its twists, then trying to convince you those are totally not the twists that you thought, only to reveal, yeah, those were totally the twists, bro. Yep.

In a way it's cool, because you have Red being a liar both devious and honorable at once. His truth may come out as a lie, and vice versa. And Spader performs this complexity so well that it's almost as if the writers drank his blood and gained his power.

As long as it's mostly Spader, I'm down. They could have him read maps and pull out more bullshit stories and I'd be okay with that.
I was once in Lebanon, Kentucky for Country Ham Days... I killed two members of the cornbread mafia with their own shoes and part of a bourbon still, and then I sampled some of the local sorghum molasses.

It was a wonderful trip.
-

Strict31 likes this post.

Strict31
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 166 posts
Title: Ain't enough space bitches

Postby Strict31 » Wed May 14, 2014 8:40 am

outsider wrote:What's this? Do you have a link to those commecials?
(I watch the show on Hulu Plus, and it's typically the same three commercials. OVER AND OVER. Stupid Geico talking paintings.)

As long as it's mostly Spader, I'm down. They could have him read maps and pull out more bullshit stories and I'd be okay with that.
I was once in Lebanon, Kentucky for Country Ham Days... I killed two members of the cornbread mafia with their own shoes and part of a bourbon still, and then I sampled some of the local sorghum molasses.

It was a wonderful trip.

This needs to become an internet meme...

Regarding the commercials, I don't even know what car he's selling. The only thing significant about them is that he's in them, talking about his character. They've been doing them for a little while now; maybe a month or so.

"You must be proud, bold, pleasant, resolute,
And now and then stab, as occasion serves."

Edward II: Act 2 Scene 1, by Christopher Marlowe

outsider likes this post.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 341 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat May 24, 2014 12:56 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
I've said that from the very beginning... those are my exact rguemtns. Lizzy is meh, the FBI's are idiots, but Spader and the Blacklist villains are the real reason to watch the show..

It's fun tv.. all the other HBO and cable channel shows, I wait for boxsets. This is just fun stuff to watch at the end of a long day of work.

I'll be back, Spader is just great.

Agreed, this is pretty much what has kept me watching.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 341 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat May 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Strict31 wrote:You know...it's hard to blame the Berlin telegraph on the writing. I mean, the moment you saw Peter Stormare's name in the credits, it gave the whole thing away right there. The moment they decided to cast Stormare, the "twist" was ruined.

What can be blamed on the writing is how blatantly they ripped off Kaiser Soze from the Usual Suspects. Not just the character concept, but the exact same twist from that movie.

If you're going to rip something off, you might as well chose something good.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum