Wednesday, September 19, 2018 • Evening Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Blacklist

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:07 am

GOSD wrote:
He's the only reason why I enjoy this show.

90% him
10% the blacklist villains. They are like a cool rogues gallery

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:50 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
90% him
10% the blacklist villains. They are like a cool rogues gallery

Word.

The Stewmaker, The Freelancer, The Courier.

Thought it was interesting that at the end of the last episode, Lizzie told the wife beater that if he hurt his wife again, she'd make him regret hurting her.

Lizzie's slowing sliding down that slippery slope...

Further proof that she's Red's kid. IMO.

LOVE IT!! :smt041

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:07 pm

GOSD wrote:
Word.

Thought it was interesting that at the end of the last episode, Lizzie told the wife beater that if he hurt his wife again, she'd make him regret hurting her.

I think that just makes Lizzie a normal human being who gets angry when she sees fucked up shit.

Red would have killed the wife beater simply because the guy was standing in his way. Red doesn't need righteous anger as a motivation to kill, and he never will.

I mean, because Red is so entertaining and charming, it's easy to forget he is a homicidal maniac.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:07 pm

GOSD wrote:
Word.

I have a feeling the burn on her arm is a result of something from abuse, from her real parents maybe.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:38 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
I have a feeling the burn on her arm is a result of something from abuse, from her real parents maybe.

I thought that she got that from a fire when she was a little kid.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:15 pm

GOSD wrote:
I thought that she got that from a fire when she was a little kid.

I think there is more to the fire, that's just me.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:15 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
I think there is more to the fire, that's just me.

I think so too.

Why did Red buy that house and then blow it up?

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:56 pm

GOSD wrote:
I think so too.

Why did Red buy that house and then blow it up?

I suspect it was a house he grew up in.

Here's another thought, given Alan Alda's appearance, do any of you think that Red may actually be some sort of agent that went rogue? In other words, his actions over the years as a villain, has in fact been him being a dirty ops agent.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
I suspect it was a house he grew up in.

Here's another thought, given Alan Alda's appearance, do any of you think that Red may actually be some sort of agent that went rogue? In other words, his actions over the years as a villain, has in fact been him being a dirty ops agent.

I think it was the house he left abandoned his family in. I recall him looking out the window and imagined kids playing, I assumed they were his.

I think he is a bad guy, and not a rogue agent. I just think that the govt had used him in illegal dealings, and him resurfacing Washington has them all scared because he has so much crap on them. They are afraid to kill him because they know he'll have a false safe set up exposing them if he "disappears" without his associates knowledge.

Alan Alda is a member if the senate committee as we saw last ep.

They made a deal with the devil and now trying to keep him under their thumb.

Though, I still dunno what his reason to kill off the black listers. It has to be more than getting close to Lizzie. I think she's just the added bonus in it for him.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:21 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
I think it was the house he left abandoned his family in. I recall him looking out the window and imagined kids playing, I assumed they were his..

I'm thinking this as well.

I think he's a rogue agent as well, C_S. He knows the "in's and out's" of procedures within the FBI/CIA too well.

If he was just a bad guy, they would have caught him earlier instead of Red walking through the front door and giving himself up.

He also could just be a criminal mastermind but I'm leading towards former agent/special ops agent who worked for Alan Alda's secret committee years ago.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:43 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:
I think it was the house he left abandoned his family in. I recall him looking out the window and imagined kids playing, I assumed they were his.

I think he is a bad guy, and not a rogue agent. I just think that the govt had used him in illegal dealings, and him resurfacing Washington has them all scared because he has so much crap on them. They are afraid to kill him because they know he'll have a false safe set up exposing them if he "disappears" without his associates knowledge.

Alan Alda is a member if the senate committee as we saw last ep.

They made a deal with the devil and now trying to keep him under their thumb.

Though, I still dunno what his reason to kill off the black listers. It has to be more than getting close to Lizzie. I think she's just the added bonus in it for him.

Hmmm, I forgot about the kids. But thought they could have been siblings and he. Good points.

I admit, I like the thought of him being someone groomed for power and deciding to go rogue and not sort of on purpose. Again, good points. But I'm not sure it'll be that simple.

Yes and he was the fellow talking to Red during the torture bit, hence my thoughts that he could be an agent of some sort by some element within the government. Perhaps I'm thinking it to be more convoluted than it is.

I could see the black listers being he wanting to clear the board of players for more power for himself or so he could just retire. I suspect her husband is a key to it all and she is someone very important to him. Either his daughter or niece.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:49 pm

GOSD wrote:
I'm thinking this as well.

I think he's a rogue agent as well, C_S. He knows the "in's and out's" of procedures within the FBI/CIA too well.

If he was just a bad guy, they would have caught him earlier instead of Red walking through the front door and giving himself up.

He also could just be a criminal mastermind but I'm leading towards former agent/special ops agent who worked for Alan Alda's secret committee years ago.

This is the thing for me, at the start he was described as a rising star in the military/political fields and was being groomed for the admiralty. I think, convoluted I admit, that he was also always being groomed to be an agent of sorts that would be very undercover. What was once called a superspook or deep shadow. But then he really did go rogue at some point.

Well, I just don't see him being simply a criminal genius. I see him as the ultimate dirty ops and tactics guy who may have decided he no longer likes the cold or felt betrayed somehow.

I keep thinking about the Spy Who Came In From The Cold and think that in some ways, this is similar in a way.

Mind you, I could be "shipping".

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Fitch.

That's the first we heard the name, correct?

Anywho, great ending.

No new episodes til the 24th though :smt013

Strict31

Rain Partier

Postby Strict31 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Fitch.

That's the first we heard the name, correct?

Alan Alda's character.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:17 am

Strict31 wrote:
Alan Alda's character.

Was his name Fitch? I thought Alan Alda worked for him...

leave a comment with facebook