Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Comic Doctor Outhouse Giveaway - Part 1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 pm

* The Shield TP (Archie Publications)

that seriously cannot be MY beloved shield by archie can it :?

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:07 pm

I never read any of those characters when they were Archie, but I remember DC's licensed versions in the Impact! line....

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:24 pm

I've got an old Archie digest that reprints a lot of the superhero stuff from the camp '60s era, as well as some cool Black Hood stuff by Neal Adams.

The Impact line was cool, but maybe not distinctive enough to really make it, a critique I'd lob at the more recent attempts to update these characters as well.

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:32 pm

I think it's the same The Shield.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Severed Djed wrote:I've got an old Archie digest that reprints a lot of the superhero stuff from the camp '60s era, as well as some cool Black Hood stuff by Neal Adams.

The Impact line was cool, but maybe not distinctive enough to really make it, a critique I'd lob at the more recent attempts to update these characters as well.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. The guy I was best friends with when I was a teen, the guy who actually got me back into comics, even though we hated each other's tastes :D..... well, in comics at least*.....

He LOVED that Impact! line for a while. I read them, they were..... eh. Not great, but not shit.

(*= LONG story, but suffice to say, our tastes in women were fairly similar. ;))

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Impact! holds a place in my heart not so much for the books but because then-writers Mark Waid and Paul Kupperberg were two of the first creators I ever had the nerve to approach, and they were both really cool.

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:08 am

I need addresses from people. PM them to me, and I'll send some stuff out.

Shady

cheese

Postby Shady » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:32 am

May I claim Transformers: Dark Designs TP (Titan Books. Generations 2 #'s 1-6. Furman)

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Tue May 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Double-post :evil:

Comic_Doctor

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Comic_Doctor » Tue May 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Who's received books, and who hasn't? PM me.

With my recent move I'm extremely unorganized at the moment :)

leave a comment with facebook